Jump to content
IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Can't say I'd want Jill around me if I were giving birth. I really hate that Venessa or however you spell it, is still practicing. It's so unsafe. :( 

So do I. I hate that she's still practicing. I hate that her patients are totally okay with someone so completely unqualified AND incompetent. I hate that Jill still thinks she's an awesome midwife despite all evidence to the contrary. All expecting mothers deserve a doctor or midwife who is competent and qualified.     

  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Can't say I'd want Jill around me if I were giving birth. I really hate that Venessa or however you spell it, is still practicing. It's so unsafe. :( 

What gets me is so many people are willingly allowing her to "help" them. I realize most of the kind of women she is delivering rarely read news and rely on God and their husbands for pretty much everything, but you would think someone would have heard about her and her not so stellar track record and thinking twice about it.  Its a large but tight community of like minded people, it is scary how they really trust that God will keep them safe. 

  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2018 at 2:15 PM, 3splenty said:

Am I the only one reading it as the birth team weighing 8 lb, 2 oz and 20" long?

If so, I'm not surprised.  Migraine + sinus infection = one confused 3splenty.  :)

No, no, you're not the only one. I blinked at that one for a second, too!

Where's this video of the Dillards leaving for Big Sandy? I thought someone said Derick's instagram, but I'm not seeing it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

No, no, you're not the only one. I blinked at that one for a second, too!

Where's this video of the Dillards leaving for Big Sandy? I thought someone said Derick's instagram, but I'm not seeing it.

He went live on his insta story a few days ago. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

He went live on his insta story a few days ago. 

Okay. Those delete after a day, don't they? That would explain why I couldn't see it!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jill shared a few photos about the birth she assisted with. Sam went with her and apparently napped through the part where the baby was born:

Spoiler

715BAF94-1951-4F9F-A60D-E9FC438C0D64.thumb.jpeg.3a859dbe6930c974b8ad55746af9a196.jpeg

Spoiler

54DA6066-F36C-4D23-BEB8-70EEF1EC937F.thumb.jpeg.16be2c5093c62d0e7d36e7c7913c4667.jpeg

 

 

 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Sam went with her? Good Lord. 

She’s probably still breastfeeding, so it may have just been easier for her to bring him with her. I honestly take more issue with her helping deliver babies when she isn’t properly accredited then I do with her bringing her baby along. 

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

She’s probably still breastfeeding, so it may have just been easier for her to bring him with her. I honestly take more issue with her helping deliver babies when she isn’t properly accredited then I do with her bringing her baby along. 

What came to my mind, if there was an emergency concerning the lady or the baby, who would take care of Sam then? 

Not good that Jill isn't accredited and took Sam to this birth or any birth ..really unsettling for me. Knowing Jill, it won't be the last time. :my_confused:

  • Upvote 20
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is total BEC, but why does she make that face in all of her selfies? It makes me feel like she doesn’t like her own face much. Like she feels like she has to pull this “silly” face every time because she feels self-conscious. You can just smile, Jill. It’s ok. I know we give you shit for everything (and I’m doing exactly that right now) but you’re allowed to like your own face. 

More importantly, go to school and become a real nurse midwife! Someone has to work for a living in your family, and it obviously isn’t going to be Derick. You have a passion for it, so do it right! Stop putting women in danger. 

Edited by Hashtag Blessed
Typos
  • Upvote 29
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like she shared that Sam went with her so she wouldn’t look like a “bad mom”. Like “it’s okay I worked, the baby was still with me!!” The faces annoy me the same way it annoys me when other people I follow on social media make them. When they look back on all of their photos from when they were young moms they’re going to regret not just simply smiling in photographs. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I feel like she shared that Sam went with her so she wouldn’t look like a “bad mom”. Like “it’s okay I worked, the baby was still with me!!” The faces annoy me the same way it annoys me when other people I follow on social media make them. When they look back on all of their photos from when they were young moms they’re going to regret not just simply smiling in photographs. 

She still left 1 kid, so if that's her approach it lacks logic.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

What came to my mind, if there was an emergency concerning the lady or the baby, who would take care of Sam then? 

Not good that Jill isn't accredited and took Sam to this birth or any birth ..really unsettling for me. Knowing Jill, it won't be the last time. :my_confused:

I mean, she wasn’t the only person there. She was assisting with the birth, not leading it. If there was an emergency other people were available to step in and handle it. Taking Sam really wasn’t the worst choice she made here - I’d say working with Venessa after her bad choices lost her her Arkansas license and cost Jill her permit is a much worse choice.

 

 

  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After this, I just think Jill is stone stupid. Associating repeatedly with a woman who has lost her ability to practice in her home state... no problem, just cross state lines? The woman has not met the licensing criteria, has lost a child under odd circumstances, whether or not it was her fault, she will be held responsible for it as midwife in charge. she's never regained her licensure, has she even tried? At least that would mean she's trying to improve her scope of practice and knowledge..

But Jill has blind faith in this woman, and JIll herself doesn't know what she doesn't know. A basic nursing education would have taught her how to seek out more knowledge, when she needed answers... Here's a hint, Jill.. in midwifery, the answer isn't always "Jesus".

  • Upvote 31
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I mean, she wasn’t the only person there. She was assisting with the birth, not leading it. If there was an emergency other people were available to step in and handle it. Taking Sam really wasn’t the worst choice she made here - I’d say working with Venessa after her bad choices lost her her Arkansas license and cost Jill her permit is a much worse choice.

 

 

Oh I agree that was the worst choice. No kidding, I wouldn't want Vanessa or Jill around any woman about to give birth, and while giving birth. 

I would have preferred Sam not to have been there. Who took care of him if he needed to be fed, changed? Jill? 

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

After this, I just think Jill is stone stupid. Associating repeatedly with a woman who has lost her ability to practice in her home state... no problem, just cross state lines? The woman has not met the licensing criteria, has lost a child under odd circumstances, whether or not it was her fault, she will be held responsible for it as midwife in charge. she's never regained her licensure, has she even tried? At least that would mean she's trying to improve her scope of practice and knowledge..

But Jill has blind faith in this woman, and JIll herself doesn't know what she doesn't know. A basic nursing education would have taught her how to seek out more knowledge, when she needed answers... Here's a hint, Jill.. in midwifery, the answer isn't always "Jesus".

Just cross state lines...that's opportunistic and cunning. That's a JB Duggar type decision.

I hate people who do not think the rules apply to them.

These folks are unethical-

  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Jill - Honey - SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH in your pics.

#BEC

Yes please. For the love of Rufus. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well this is a distressing update.

Putting aside the fact that she is endangering people's lives for a moment...I do feel sorry for Jill. It's easy to write her off as stupid, but if she had grown up in a different home, I think it would have been a completely different story. 

In another world, I could see easily see her as a nurse or some kind of other medical professional. You don't have to be in MENSA and have a charismatic personality to do so (for example, a childhood friend of mine is now a professional EMT in a major metro area, despite having had a pretty bad learning disability when we were growing up)...you just have to go to a real high school that prepares you for one of the variety of nursing certificates or degrees (or whatever else) that exist.

Jill could have had a real career and still done the Christian mom thing - she didn't get married until she was 23 and could have had the degree wrapped up by then, instead of extending her sistermom years.

Honestly, Jill is the only Duggar daughter to have shown a sustained interest in something outside of motherhood, and slowly had it squashed out of her. Even before Derick, remember how she was excited about learning Spanish? I actually think Jill is a relatively bright and curious person, and that some of her more annoying personality traits might come from having had to repress that side of herself. 

  • Upvote 31
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a friend who was raised... not quite fundie, but very conservative, and homeschooled. She got married YOUNG (18 or 19), they had two kids in pretty quick succession, and then they left their religion and she's currently in university studying to become a nurse. Jill could do the same thing. Not necessarily leaving her religion (though that would be great) - I just mention that because it's probably what stopped my friend from having more kids, thus allowing her to go back to school. But I've also known plenty of people who've gone to university while having multiple kids, being pregnant, etc. It's hard, but it's possible. 

It pisses me off that Derick's running around wasting all their money trying to relive his college glory days and getting a fake missionary diploma when Jill could be the one going to school and actually working toward something real, something that would maybe give her more purpose in life, actually contribute to society, and help her family.

  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jill could be the one going to school and actually working toward something real, something that would maybe give her more purpose in life, actually contribute to society, and help her family.

I honestly don't think she even thinks this way. Sadly, she probably only thinks she's good for birthing babies-in-the-name-of-Jesus and smiling googly-eyed at her husband.

She probably considers her "midwifery" a calling and a hobby, and wouldn't even want to earn $$ doing it because Jesus wants her to deliver all the babies (and wrap them in bizarre crocheted cocoons).

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live in an area where home birth is pretty common. Lay midwives take a huge risk- if anything goes wrong they are held accountable. Hell I was a doula back in the day and at my training they talked about scenarios where even a doula could be held accountable if anything goes wrong and how we needed to protect ourselves from that type of scenario. This is so risky, for both her and the mother and baby. I would never condone home birth with lay midwives or cpm's over a cnm who has earned a master's degree. 

  • Upvote 15
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@singsingsing: Oh yes. It still annoys me so much. He has a degree in accounting, and he is still begging for money on go fund me? 

If he was my friend, I’d be like - dude, get yourself a nice-paying accounting job, save up money to do a little Honduras-hopping, and take care of your family as your faith supposedly commands you. Can’t you do ministry in his free time or summer breaks or on the weekends? With two kids it’s just not the time for an unpaid internship, doofus. 

Edited by FundieCentral
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Call the Midwife. Yes, I know it's fiction, but they always explain to patients that they are nurses with additional training in midwifery. I find it strange that some of the states have so little regulation. By the way, I was born at home 70 years ago with a midwife and a doctor. Fairly common in England at that time.

  • Upvote 23
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

@singsingsing: Oh yes. It still annoys me so much. He has a degree in accounting, and he is still begging for money on go fund me? 

If he was my friend, I’d be like - dude, get yourself a nice-paying accounting job, save up money to do a little Honduras-hopping, and take care of your family as your faith supposedly commands you. Can’t you do ministry in his free time or summer breaks or on the weekends? With two kids it’s just not the time for an unpaid internship, doofus. 

But that requires responsibility and actual...le gasp...WORK! 

Derick, your glory days are long gone and you look ridiculous trying to relive them. Get off your ass, extract your head from said ass, and take some goddamn responsibility for the family you CHOSE to have. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.