IGNORED

Dillards 56: Running a Marathon but not Working

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

That man has clearly never met my niece. 

Or one of mine!! 

She's not a teenager yet either...!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

She's not a teenager yet either...!

Oh shit.

3 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

I personally find the "girls are better behaved" comment to be really, really irritating, because it's not like they're born that way. My cousin's kid is a hellion (still love her, by when she doesn't get her way... the screaming... :pb_confused:). Girls are quieter and better behaved on the whole because they are raised to be docile, gentle, and delicate, whereas when you see a couple boys roughhousing, someone will say "boys will be boys!" You never hear someone saying "Girls will be girls" in reference to rough play or high noise/energy levels. And I think that's really fucking sexist.

I suppose I'm so passionate about this because I work with kids a lot (ages 9-17) in a creative play environment (think a theater-type group). The vast majority of the time, it's the boys that are suggesting ideas, taking action, and cutting off the girl's sentences, while the girls just kind of take a backseat. Their voices get quieter, their suggestions get fewer, and while the boys boldly blaze ahead, the girls take on less active roles, because that's what they've been taught to do their entire fucking lives. Part of my goal is to get them to raise their voices, to say "Hey I was talking, don't interrupt," or "I just suggested that and you said no!" or my favorite, "I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?" very sarcastically. And these boys aren't sexist- they were just taught, from the beginning of their lives, to speak loudly and clearly, that their ideas were important, and that they deserved everyone's undivided attention. Whereas the girls were taught... quietness, politeness, how to listen.

I know this seems rather caricatured, but I see the reality of this all the time, and it completely sucks. Even my dad will constantly- CONSTANTLY- interrupt me to ask questions (or just completely change the topic) while I'm literally talking to him and making eye contact. This pattern is toxic and it just makes my blood boil.

This is part of what I hate about the Duggars and their ilk so much. Bunch of patriarchal sexist scumbags who want to silence and control women. 

I do think that gender sex reveal cake is the one I hate the least out of every one I've seen. It's got a pun, and it doesn't revolve around stereotypes (anyone remember the "glitter or guns" cake?). And I love bees. So that's at least a little cute.

Thank you! I was going to write much the same thing, but you put it so much better than I could have. My mother still talks about how much easier my brother was to raise than me. This is despite the fact that he got into a boatload of trouble at school and would often just take off at random times and disappear for hours, and I never got in trouble in school and got better grades than he did. Of course he was easier to raise, you basically said "have at it" with him and were overly critical of my behavior and choices, because gender stereotypes. Makes my blood boil when I think about it, honestly. 

i was looking for someone discussing the derrick live-stream/video that showed michelle harshly scolding jenni and then flipping a switch when she realized a camera was rolling. i was told to check the dillard thread, since it was derrick's live-stream, but i'm not finding it. has it been discussed yet?

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

I had this too! my pregnancy was so similar that i though for sure we were having another girl, took a bit to move on from that family image. Plus, I wasn't sure what to do with a boy!! (I was raised by my mom , visited dad in the summers, but i'm an only child too, so just not around boys growing up, at least from a living with them standpoint, such a mystery!).  The little guy is 5 though and he's a ball, but man, so much ENERGY!!!!! 

Exact same for me. I had this vision of 2, little, blonde girls- Nope. I love my son to pieces. He'll be 28 in the Fall and was by far the easier of the 2. 

26 minutes ago, browncoatslytherin said:

i was looking for someone discussing the derrick live-stream/video that showed michelle harshly scolding jenni and then flipping a switch when she realized a camera was rolling. i was told to check the dillard thread, since it was derrick's live-stream, but i'm not finding it. has it been discussed yet?

Wrong thread:

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/30938-michelle-duggar-accused-by-fans-of-abuse/

Tl;dr - Michelle has very likely abused her kids at times, but this wasn’t one of them. 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Wrong thread:

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/30938-michelle-duggar-accused-by-fans-of-abuse/

Tl;dr - Michelle has very likely abused her kids at times, but this wasn’t one of them. 

ah, thank you! i had looked in a couple of threads and tried to search using a few different phrases but couldn't find anything on my own. much obliged. :)

10 hours ago, curlykate said:

I had a bit of disappoint when I found out we were having our second boy. I really, REALLY wanted a girl and I knew that our second was going to be our last. 

This made me think of the mama who has just had her 14th son.... it would become so normal you wouldn't know what to do with a girl right? I would love a girl but one and done and I cant imagine now not having a son. I was surprised that i wasn't disappointed actually... i thought i really wanted a girl but delightfully surprised to find out otherwise. My mum on the other hand.... it actually took the fun out of telling her. Thank god for my mother in law who was excited enough to make up for it (first grandson)

22 hours ago, CurlyWurly said:

Anyway, guess whose photo showed up in the article?

Not sure I'd characterise them as 'hipster', but there you go

https://www.mamamia.com.au/the-real-cost-of-having-a-baby/

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 3.27.04 pm.png

Im not good with legs and shoes sorry lol... who is it?

7 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Yes but it was probably FREE because they shilled it on their Instagram .  Learning from Dereck and Jill. Free cake !

They are definitely shilling but the cake is at least better than Sierra and her strawberries

28 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

This made me think of the mama who has just had her 14th son.... it would become so normal you wouldn't know what to do with a girl right? I would love a girl but one and done and I cant imagine now not having a son. I was surprised that i wasn't disappointed actually... i thought i really wanted a girl but delightfully surprised to find out otherwise. My mum on the other hand.... it actually took the fun out of telling her. Thank god for my mother in law who was excited enough to make up for it (first grandson)

Im not good with legs and shoes sorry lol... who is it?

It's Jill and Derick from the TLC shoot for their pregnancy announcement.

I didn't watch (don't know where to watch) the clip of Kathy's disappointment, but if Jill was happy about having a second boy (never know with her) then I have to feel sorry for her dealing with that from her MIL and even more so if it turns out Dan and Deena had to.

I had my first very young and was terrified by the idea of having a boy. Found out he was a boy and proceeded to cry and not know what to do. Fastforword 13 years and I am so happy he was a boy. He is so gentle and docile (so the attributes one would expect of a girl) and nothing like my crazy wild brothers. We are waiting on next boy (like any day can't believe that) and I could not be more thrilled. I did not think I would want another boy (or child ever back then), but even though I would have been ok with either I breathed a major sigh of relief when that penis popped up on the screen (not shy at all this one). That said, I was really really afraid to tell my mom. Not only has she spent 13 years asking when I will have another (despite the hell she had a hand in of my being a teen mom) she has been very vocal about wanting me to have a girl. She acts happy now, but I really wonder how disappointed she was. I am sure that I do not want to purposefully ever get pregnant again, this has been harder than I remember, but I would like to have more children, what if they are all boys? What will she think then? What if my siblings can't seem to have girls? I don't know what her obsession is, she seems to think all girls want dolls and fancy dresses. Honestly for as progressive as she thinks she is, she is kind of sexist. I have no idea where this going, I am just going to cute off here ans say I hope that at least in regards to the sex of their kids, both Dillard families are happy.  and that Kathy learns boys can be gentle and sweet too.

23 minutes ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I didn't watch (don't know where to watch) the clip of Kathy's disappointment, but if Jill was happy about having a second boy (never know with her) then I have to feel sorry for her dealing with that from her MIL and even more so if it turns out Dan and Deena had to.

Jill seemed happy that Sam was a boy, I don't doubt she wants a girl one day but she obviously loves her boys. I hope she didn't do the same to Dan and Deena.

I don't know why Cathy would care. They're quiverfull. They'll probably try to have fifty babies (or as many as God blesses them with, but preferably more than everyone else so they can win at being fundies) so odds are they'll have a girl eventually anyway. 

Jill doubled up by having both #besthubby and #bestpapa in one post. I reeeally feel like she’s trying to prove it to us and herself that Derick isn’t a smug, ignorant mouth-breather.

12 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I had my first very young and was terrified by the idea of having a boy. Found out he was a boy and proceeded to cry and not know what to do. Fastforword 13 years and I am so happy he was a boy. He is so gentle and docile (so the attributes one would expect of a girl) and nothing like my crazy wild brothers. We are waiting on next boy (like any day can't believe that) and I could not be more thrilled. I did not think I would want another boy (or child ever back then), but even though I would have been ok with either I breathed a major sigh of relief when that penis popped up on the screen (not shy at all this one). That said, I was really really afraid to tell my mom. Not only has she spent 13 years asking when I will have another (despite the hell she had a hand in of my being a teen mom) she has been very vocal about wanting me to have a girl. She acts happy now, but I really wonder how disappointed she was. I am sure that I do not want to purposefully ever get pregnant again, this has been harder than I remember, but I would like to have more children, what if they are all boys? What will she think then? What if my siblings can't seem to have girls? I don't know what her obsession is, she seems to think all girls want dolls and fancy dresses. Honestly for as progressive as she thinks she is, she is kind of sexist. I have no idea where this going, I am just going to cute off here ans say I hope that at least in regards to the sex of their kids, both Dillard families are happy.  and that Kathy learns boys can be gentle and sweet too.

my son as a little boy had such a tender heart.  Sweet, sweet kid.  He's still kind hearted as an adult, but going through the sometimes arrogant, judgy 20's.  

47 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Jill doubled up by having both #besthubby and #bestpapa in one post. I reeeally feel like she’s trying to prove it to us and herself that Derick isn’t a smug, ignorant mouth-breather.

Is Derick flipping the bird?

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

my son as a little boy had such a tender heart.  Sweet, sweet kid.  He's still kind hearted as an adult, but going through the sometimes arrogant, judgy 20's.  

It sure looks like it, snicker snicker! Guess he may not be #besthubbyever but #justanotherasshole

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

Maybe to himself!

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Can people please leave us mouth breathers out of this? We’d very much like to be excluded from this narrative. :pb_lol:

Jill's latest Instagram post offers a very unsafe carseat "hack". What is wrong with these people? Why are they so willing to endanger their children? Ugh. 

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I swear, Sammie's faces are starting to rival Davia's. :pb_lol:

5 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Jill's latest Instagram post offers a very unsafe carseat "hack". What is wrong with these people? Why are they so willing to endanger their children? Ugh. 

She is getting ripped apart in the comments. 

And there is little that annoys me more than the ‘I did this stupid thing and my kid survived!’ argument. 

Says the man who tries to sell his family to the highest bidder and begs on Twitter

52 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Can people please leave us mouth breathers out of this? We’d very much like to be excluded from this narrative. :pb_lol:

Lol no offense intended! I’ve just found it to be a funny insult after watching Stranger Things. 

I’m starting to think Sam has trouble sitting independently.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen him sit without support, and even if he’s still using the infant seat in the car, he should be more than able to sit on his own in an umbrella stroller.  And a car seat plus older infant is heavy. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived