47of74

Barbara Bush was not only pro-choice, but also went to an AIDS hospice in 1988 when some people still thought you could get AIDS/HIV from casual contact and cuddled AIDS babies.  She has my admiration for that.

On 4/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Oh yeah, my first reaction was its time to whip out the big ol' bags of popcorn for when fuck face got wind of this.

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

Especially when it's fuck face's arch rival who is making the missus smile and relax like she never does with him.  Especially because Mr. and Mrs. Obama (and everyone else there for that matter) didn't treat her like a piece of property like fuck face and his groupies obviously do.  

Sounds like Mr. Bush isn't doing so well right now either;

Former President George H.W. Bush was admitted to a Houston hospital Sunday after contracting an infection, according to a statementfrom his office Monday evening. The 41st president of the United States is 93 years old.

"President Bush was admitted to the Houston Methodist Hospital yesterday after contracting an infection that spread to his blood," the statement read. "He is responding to treatments and appears to be recovering. We will issue additional updates as events warrant."

It doesn't surprise me since when people are married that long their health usually takes a hit. 

Jackass.  Probably can't stand the thought of a woman being honored with all the media attention.

He didn’t even fact check. Barbara went to Smith, not Wellesley. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He was referring to this:  https://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/04/us/at-wellesley-a-furor-over-barbara-bush.html

"A seemingly harmless invitation by Wellesley College to have Barbara Bush serve as its commencement speaker has ignited a dispute that has roiled the campus and raised questions around the country about the nature of feminism. Today it led President Bush to defend Mrs. Bush's role as a wife and mother.

The conflict has centered on a protest by 150 Wellesley students who said they were ''outraged'' by the selection of Mrs. Bush as the graduation speaker. They said she did not represent the type of career woman the college seeks to educate."

11 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I think he is referring to the protests when Barbara gave the commencement address at Wellesley circa 1990.  Some students didn't want the speech given by a woman whose sole claim to fame rested on her husband's career and who wasn't a college graduate herself.  

Apparently she gave an excellent speech any way.

ETA.  Should have read ahead.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:23 PM, DomWackTroll said:

I find it difficult to believe that the only comments taking issue with the blog post are some from Julie Anne, which TB then gleefully shoots down. There is either some serious editorial deleting going on, or the only people reading TB in the first place are already firmly in his particular section of Crazy Land.

What a revolting read that post was.

17 minutes ago, VVV said:

I find it difficult to believe that the only comments taking issue with the blog post are some from Julie Anne, which TB then gleefully shoots down. There is either some serious editorial deleting going on, or the only people reading TB in the first place are already firmly in his particular section of Crazy Land.

I think a lot of people who know him just don't even bother trying to argue with him anymore, because really, you might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Archived