IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

42 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, this is a better theory than Howard Phillips leaving much, although how Liberty, for example, can afford her life-style is beyond me.   She can't grift everything.

How stinkin' rich was Sproul Sr?  I know he wrote eleventy books but I wonder how much he also earned (or gleaned) from the Ministries above and beyond the royalties.  He could have paid himself very well, of course, as head honcho of Ligonier.  Still, whatever Sr. left also had to be shared among Vesta, Sherrie, Spanky, eleven grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren.

Google comes up with estimates of around 2 million, which I agree isn't much divided amongst that many people, it just seems slightly better odds than Howard. I can't find anything on his net worth, and he's also got a ton of descendants in the mix.

In other news, I fear the Tool is way too confident that his 11 part WWII series will be shown on TV.  I vaguely remember that he had 2 lawyers financing the pilot.  It was rumored to have been picked up by the History Channel (owned by Discovery Networks).

Bobby and Tommy Bowden may have scared up additional funding through their Christian contacts.  Evangelical Christians unite with the disgraced Tool, yet again.  The man is unsquashable, but why hire the grimy Doug?  I suppose Bobby had some scandal too and got dumped with prejudice as a coach.

I don't like the sound of Bobby Bowden:

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/2018/08/03/bobby-bowden-wades-into-supreme-court-case-support-school-prayer/900728002/

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Bowdens-featured-in-Bobby-Bowden-goes-to-War-18879

Yeah, I don't get a good feel from Bowden at ALL, which isn't surprising. I can't imagine any other type getting that closely involved with DPIART.

I've found a few references to Discovery networks being involved, but neither are English language sites (if you use Chrome, it will translate, but you can probably get the rough idea either way):

https://fr.linkedin.com/in/flavie-poisson-00226b11b

http://www.hetgooibevrijd.nl/Videos-DW-Cinematographer/

I'm not sure if there's really anything to that, or if Doug just threw the name around while he was filming, and people believed him.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popping in and going OT to mention I just saw a raucous religious comedy called “Hand to God,” described in its promotional materials as “Avenue Q meets the Exorcist.”  The actor playing the smarmy, horny pastor was a dead ringer for DPIARBT—and the story took place at a small church in Texas!

9 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Google comes up with estimates of around 2 million, which I agree isn't much divided amongst that many people, it just seems slightly better odds than Howard. I can't find anything on his net worth, and he's also got a ton of descendants in the mix.

Yeah, I don't get a good feel from Bowden at ALL, which isn't surprising. I can't imagine any other type getting that closely involved with DPIART.

I've found a few references to Discovery networks being involved, but neither are English language sites (if you use Chrome, it will translate, but you can probably get the rough idea either way):

https://fr.linkedin.com/in/flavie-poisson-00226b11b

http://www.hetgooibevrijd.nl/Videos-DW-Cinematographer/

I'm not sure if there's really anything to that, or if Doug just threw the name around while he was filming, and people believed him.

That second site sounds Dutch. Didn’t Sproul Sr. go to school in the Netherlands? Or am I mixing him up with someone else.

It may have nothing to do with the topic of DPIAT (probably doesn’t) but my brain made a connection between Sproul and Dutch, and looking it up, he did some study in Amsterdam.

Anyhow, on a related note, seems like Sproul Sr. would be the most likely source of funding for higher education. Maybe it’s something they talked about before he died.

19 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Doug just threw the name around while he was filming, and people believed him.

Yes. I think his puffery (there's a legal term for you DPIARBT, ESQUIRE) is quite legendary.

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

My guess has always been that the Phillips grandchildren all inherited trust funds from Howard. 

I respectfully disagree.  Howard was a fleecer too with the Conservative Caucus bit and all his mail order alarmism but I don't think it went so far as to pad six kids and umpteen grandchildren AND Peggy Phillips is still living. I certainly don't think there was so much as to provide for her and then bestow to children, and then grandchildren with trust funds.  The Phillips' kids (Doug and siblings) went to public schools for the most part and a fair number went to public colleges.  DPIARBT painted a picture differently, and bc of politics they certainly had exceptional opportunities to meet famous (conservative) people etc but I don't think Howie is the source of any extra cash.  I think DPIARBT with all those years of living in the Dr's house rent free squirreled away AND I think JTits and Delaney saved saved saved.  With respect to JTits, as someone mentioned, he was a young adult on Tool O'Ween and I only have so much well-wishing for him. He seems to have created some distance between himself and his family of origin (although he's jumped into the craziness of Spankyworld) but he also tows the party-line an awful lot in a smug way. I'd have a lot more respect for him, not necessarily to disown his pater but to at least be his own person more than he has.  Justice seems to have done that the most of the eldest 3.  And selling plasma just seems awful, The next thing you know it's Les Miserables and they are giving up some of those pearly whites. Eegads.

Maili Sproul is allowed to go to college-- in shorts. Oh, what a raging bonfire could be built with all the forsaken frumpers!

On 8/27/2018 at 3:27 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Oh, what a raging bonfire could be built with all the forsaken frumpers!

Apologies in advance to Tom Wolfe: The Bonfire of the Frumpers! 

Damn. She seems so fucking lost. If she wouldn't have spread so much hate in the past, I'd almost feel sorry for her. 

Meh, you infiltrated. It happens to lots of people at blood or plasma donation. Nothing to write home about  

Also, it’s “vein” not “vain.” If your vain exploded it would have taken that Instagram account with it. 

The Phillips family's vain seems to explode all over the internet on a regular basis :P

Ok I just did some research and selling plasma pays about $250 a month. How is that better than picking up a couple of shifts at the local coffee shop or fast food joint? Are they really that allergic to work? It's bizarre.

22 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Ok I just did some research and selling plasma pays about $250 a month. How is that better than picking up a couple of shifts at the local coffee shop or fast food joint? Are they really that allergic to work? It's bizarre.

A lot of plasma donation centers are linked through a national network. If she really is as transient as she seems right now it may be easier than constantly starting and quitting new jobs. 

But the Phillips’ have never been job people to begin with. 

There’s a plasma center near one of my usual haunts. They’ve had to hire uniformed off-duty police officers to be a presence, parents of children at an adjacent learning center are on high alert, etc., never letting their kiddoes walk around the area unaccompanied. Shop owners are not happy because the plasma guys are paying twice the asking rate to lease the facility and so the shop owners can leave if they don’t like it. A generally welcoming, relaxed little neighborhood center has become guarded and perceived as hazardous  

What I’m saying is, plasma centers are not magnets for Phillips-type people. Lots of the patrons are fairly desperate characters, whom I don’t judge, so long as they behave in a way that befits the area they’re visiting. 

Andcdo, It boggles my mind that Doug Phillips Is A Rapey Tool condones the idea of his virginal daughters frequenting such a place literally to keep body & soul together. 

The man can’t sink lower in my estimation. Nor, actually, can Be-all At 50. 

Someone had mentioned that Robert and Alyssa Welch may be separated. 

He is off of her social

media and she is off of his also.

he was also absent from their family road trip this summer. 

Speculation has been that they are separated. 

5 minutes ago, Fundie said:

Robert and Alyssa Welch may be separated. 

I had to refresh my self and put this into context.  AnnaSophia's post from the Old Blogs We Mourn Thee thread puts it all together: 

On 8/12/2018 at 4:16 AM, AnnaSofia said:

Yup, Alyssa is Norm Wakefield's daughter. He founded Bourne Christian Assembly together with Doug Phillips (of Vision Forum), Richard "Little Bear" Wheeler, and Bob Welch.

Alyssa married Robert Welch, one of Bob's sons. "Arranged" might be pushing it, but from what I remember, Bob basically initiated the relationship and pushed the two of them together. Apparently Alyssa's dad was much more mellow than Bob, and being married into the Welch family had her suicidal at one point. She and her husband are still married, but they left fundiehood awhile ago and have been pretty public about denouncing it.

Apparently Bob was also responsible for his other son, Richard, marrying James Leininger's daughter, Kelly. The Leininger's were also part of Bourne Christian Assembly. James is literally a billionaire, and funded a decent portion of Vision Forum's escapades, including Doug Phillip's San Antonio house. Richard and Kelly were once held up as the gold standard for "parent-led courtship", but have since divorced.

The thing that always creeped me out about that is how much Kelly and Alyssa look alike. Bob Welch certainly has a type when it comes to picking out daughters-in-law.

Regarding Alysa and Kelly looking alike, I remember Alysa mentioned in her old blog that Robert’s brother pursued her and wanted to marry her. I’m not surprised he married someone who looks like Alysa.

I’m very sad if the news of Alysa and Robert are true. Their parents, especially his, with their extreme control over their adult children’s lives and marriages have almost ruined these twos lives. Robert had very difficult time detaching from the teachings and programming that was drilled into him since birth. I recall Alysa writing very candidly on how the in-laws constant meddling and pressure stripped her of all self-worth, made her doubt her own mind, and finally led to suicidal depression and hospitalization. She also had severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum with every fucking pregnancy and was expected to birth every year. I had HG with both of mine and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. No wonder she broke. 

I wish both of them the best, they have suffered enough for two lifetimes. 

So back to the title of the thread: Where the heck is Doug Phillips?  A guy who's into shameless self promotion has gone silent on all social media platforms?  On Instagram,  Beall identifies herself as a wife, but it seems apparent that Doug is not on the scene, unless he's hiding behind privacy settings.  Has anyone has any sightings? 

@Howl, I went looking for Doug, and I didn't find him, but I found this: 

https://recoveringdaughters.com/

Do we already know about this blog, which is run by Melody Bannister? I don't think I know anything about her or her family. I don't even know if "Bannister" is her maiden or married name. But, hoo boy... She ain't holding nothing back! If anyone could add any info, I'd really appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

@Howl, I went looking for Doug, and I didn't find him, but I found this: 

https://recoveringdaughters.com/

Do we already know about this blog, which is run by Melody Bannister? I don't think I know anything about her or her family. I don't even know if "Bannister" is her maiden or married name. But, hoo boy... She ain't holding nothing back! If anyone could add any info, I'd really appreciate it. 

Her maiden name was Strackbein. She married William Bannister in Texas in 2005; they have 4 children, per their FB pages.

IIRC, her father Roger Strackbein was one of Doug’s more ardent leghumpers. Check out the family blog: unbrokenfaith.org.

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

IIRC, her father Roger Strackbein was one of Doug’s more ardent leghumpers. Check out the family blog: unbrokenfaith.org.

She must be a sister of Wesley Strackbein, then. 

Wesley was high up in the VFI/VFM chain of command, not to mention being another MAJOR leghumper of Doug's.

Hmm… I accidentally accessed Doug’s Blog, or part of it, anyway (2004). Hey, Doug’s new gay friends—take a look!

“Mr. Cheney and his daughter together are using the executive branch to advance the cause of lesbian politics. But worse than their public advocacy of an immoral culture and legal system, is their role played by the President and Vice President as national leaders in the desensitization of the conscience of the American people to the sin and crime of homosexuality.”

Not just sin. Crime.

http://vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

On 8/30/2018 at 8:03 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky’s first public interview in 2 years. He talks about Ashley Madison, the DUI, Lisa…

https://soundcloud.com/rc-lisa-sproul/lfi-rc-sproul-jr-sat-2?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

I never know if I should start a new thread when he does something, or just put him in whatever Doug thread is active. 

I found listening to this VERY interesting.  The interview is about RC, but related to a talk he is going to do at a fundraiser for the (I think this is the place) Lighthouse: A Biblical Life Recovery Center

As I was listening to RC talk about this recovery center, I thought he subtly distanced himself from those "other" people who are struggling with addiction; he never quite made it clear how deeply he was into alcoholism and indeed if the Lighthouse was part of his own recovery.  It made me think that, even if he never takes another drink, he will NEVER come to terms with or bother to recognize the massive amount of damage he left in his wake with his drinking.  

When the interviewer asked him about the his father's passing, he seemed to be somewhat at a loss for words, and then wrapped up with something lame about still having his father's sermons to listen to.  Was he estranged from Senior?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived