IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

On 6/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Under the pic of Virgina she put up on Instagram: "Josh had my youth and creativity and energy, but Virginia has 7 siblings to love her and she has a more mature mom and dad."

MATURE??? Beall, unless you mean "For Mature Audiences Only"... No. 

I guess Virginia has parents who are living less of a lie than they used to. VF hurt a lot of people, destroyed lives and plunged many families into debt. At least now the only people fooled are Be-All and He Who Shall Not Be Correctly Named (lest the burlesque photography jobs dry up), and hell, if they want to spend the rest of their lives pretending, I don't give a damn. They're con artists, nothing more, only now they expend their energy conning themselves and each other. Screw 'em.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so thankful that I was brought up with a different lifestyle which exposed me to different experiences than my peers. 

Well yeah, there's different and then there's DIFFERENT.  You were raised in an echo chamber.  Regular kids are just experiencing life.  

He's been living a quite wonderful experiential life -- roam, hike, run, swim, fish, climb.   Where will they settle and how will he support them?  It will be "interesting", in a "this is absolutely none of my damned bidness" kind of way, if they use birth control.  Looking in from the outside, the Phillips kids seem to enjoy their siblings and I can see how they might find it fun to raise a large family of their own.   

Like many grandmas, Beall will go nuts if they start having babeez and they are far away.  Does the other brother (married into Ligonier related job in Pennsylvania) have any offspring on the way?  

No baby announcement yet from Joshua and Delaney, though they married around the end of September, so they're still less than a year in.

Does anyone know the official Sproul stance on birth control? I think Campbell and Hannah have been married for more than three years now, and no kids that I'm aware of.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:03 AM, AnnaSofia said:

Her mission is to help people change their diet, change their life, and together take back the dominion of biblical principles in the areas of health and wellness.

I'll go retrieve my eyes now. They seem to have rolled all the way into the hallway...

She used the "d" word, that kute, klever, kreating Kelcie.  So, what is the dominion of biblical principles in the areas of health and wellness.  Guess I'll have to check out her publications to find out, after I retrieve my own eyeballs.

I can't help wondering how he affords to do all this hiking and endurance sporting. Was he able to save all his Alaska earnings and being frugal (and mostly living in a tent) able to live off of that? Like all the rest of the kids he seems to just magically have money to live however he wants.  

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

I can't help wondering how he affords to do all this hiking and endurance sporting. Was he able to save all his Alaska earnings and being frugal (and mostly living in a tent) able to live off of that? Like all the rest of the kids he seems to just magically have money to live however he wants.  

We all wonder about this! 

4 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Does anyone know the official Sproul stance on birth control? I think Campbell and Hannah have been married for more than three years now, and no kids that I'm aware of.

This link is relevant to your question, and this one is relevant to the sheer level of hypocrisy in the first link.

I know many Reformed millenials who were raised pretty darn fundie and they all seem to be cool with a husband and wife using contraception. Josh and Delaney will probably be more lax with the legalism than their cursed fathers. But I am 50/50 on whether they will keep up the whole ministry con act as their dads or make their own honest living. I do, however, expect them to be entitled jerks nonetheless.

Kelcie DID have an appendectomy. Isn't that a bit unorthodox from Beall's homebirths and plastic on the floor and DPIARBT waiting in the other room not calling a midwife or anyone else? It's so amazing these kids never went to the dr or orthodontist...Or maybe they did.

On 6/24/2018 at 2:26 AM, AnnaSofia said:

Based on super affirmative Instagram comments from Liberty, Jubilee, and especially Beall, I'm willing to bet that Kelcie is within months of fiancée status, if not sooner. Also, she just posted an Instagram story where he let her put his hair in a man-bun, so it must be love :pb_lol:

They make a cute couple, and seem super happy in photos, but I'll admit that I'm slightly disappointed. If any of the adult Phillips kids seemed like they had potential to break away from fundie life, I had my fingers crossed for Justice. And while Kelcie's family don't appear to have been VF/Quiverfull types, they seem like big time Kool-Aid drinkers.

Young Living makes me twitchy (I'll spare you all a trip up to my soapbox), but I wouldn't write off Justice. Being Christian and being VF/fundie are necessarily synonymous. If anything, I'd think that the Fall of the Tool would make the kids really think about what they believe and would hopefully lead them away from the more legalistic crazy stuff out there.

16 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Young Living makes me twitchy (I'll spare you all a trip up to my soapbox), but I wouldn't write off Justice. Being Christian and being VF/fundie are necessarily synonymous. If anything, I'd think that the Fall of the Tool would make the kids really think about what they believe and would hopefully lead them away from the more legalistic crazy stuff out there.

D'oh. I meant to say "NOT necessarily synonymous.". Blasted phone typing....

a bit off topic but I follow RC and his wife Hannah on IG.  They have been very open about their depression issues and some other health related things they have dealt with.  She works as an artist and they seem to be having a great life out in Reno...not saying they have left all of their beliefs behind but they defintely aren't following the model of his sister Darby.

Sounds like there's a move back to Texas in the works:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BklDkCvDw1c/?taken-by=sewingtreble

spygal2662 Can’t wait to have y’all back!!!!!

iliveinmylab Yay!!!!!

sewingtreble@spygal2662 Me too! I loathe moving, but it’s going to be worth it. Also, I have every intention of trying to bribe you with back rubs to teach me how to play the piano!

spygal2662@sewingtreble deal!!!

js2994 You were born classy. P.S. it will be great to have ya'll back in Texas.

sewingtreble@iliveinmylab We’re gonna have to plan some fun things!

sewingtreble@js2994 not sure about the first part, but the second part I completely agree too!

Beall finally used the word...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkq3QcSAIXE/?taken-by=myfirstyearat50

It took me a minute because I was looking for "job," but I finally saw she said "work."

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

It took me a minute because I was looking for "job," but I finally saw she said "work."

Silly, hopeful me -- I was looking for "divorce."

Slimy? Lecherous? Grifter? Cheater? Charlatan? Obnoxious? Weaselly?  Oh work. Well glad she's acknowledging that! 

She looked so much better with darker hair. I gave up platinum blond when I was 40 or so - it’s a very stark color and doesn’t do your skin any favors if you’ve got red undertones.

51 minutes ago, bea said:

She looked so much better with darker hair. I gave up platinum blond when I was 40 or so - it’s a very stark color and doesn’t do your skin any favors if you’ve got red undertones.

I'm about 99% sure that's her natural hair color. 

17 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

I'm about 99% sure that's her natural hair color. 

After seeing that last picture I agree.  It looks as though Beall's hair has bypassed gray and is naturally snow white.  

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

After seeing that last picture I agree.  It looks as though Beall's hair has bypassed gray and is naturally snow white.  

I think she's been dyeing it darker for some time. The last time this discussion came up I looked back through her photos and the pattern was darker, lighter, lighter, darker. She was dyeing it and it faded to light until she just stopped coloring it when she turned 50. Her birthday post was the last dark photo. There were some after that where it's light at the roots and darker on the ends.

I have no idea if it’s natural or not - it just seems to have a brassiness to it that I think ages her. If it’s natural, she needs purple shampoo STAT.

It may be addressed in a topic I don’t read, but how is Lourdes these days? Anyone know?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived