IGNORED

Russian Connection 4: Do Not Congratulate

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep expecting Manafort to bolt,  just run out of his house and swim out to sea, or find a boat or something.  This guy's legal future is beyond grim and he can't totally depend on a pardon. 

32 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly on target, dead center.  And all accomplished through manipulation of social media. 

Aaaaaaand, orange is the new black! No more bespoke suits for Pavel Manafort!  Cue up "He's in the jailhouse now!"  And it's so sad, because 

How long till he flips to get out of jail? I'm wondering why he hasn't flipped before now. Trump isn't going to save him and the FBI will bury him with a mountain of charges if he keeps holding out. 

Guys, please please please don't flip, we'll obstruct with some nice presidential pardons if you just save our ample ass, thanks

Rudolph H. Rufus!  Get Giuliani some downers, STAT.  

But Manafort? The guy's got problems.  He's so dirty even OxiClean won't help.   He likely still owes multi millions to some incredibly bad Russians, and knows a LOT of stuff about this and, you know, that.   "It's afternoon Pavel, you look so very tired. Wouldn't you like to sit down and have a nice cup of tea? It's special tea, very good.  Here, I'll pour.  You drink up!"  Come to think of it, Manafort might be safer in jail. 

And then there's Mueller. MUELLER. Let's say our man Pavel doesn't flip, but a lot of really embarrassing shit comes out about the campaign and Russians and Manafort, which pisses off Trump, who, capricious guy that he is,  decides randomly to not pardon Manafort.  Or (longshot here) Trump somehow ends up out of office, and pufffffft, the pardon is in the wind. 

I'm not seeing any really good options here. 

54 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Aww Paulie is a VIP in jail 

Why does this traitor get preferential treatment? Now he's costing taxpayers even more money. He's already shown he has no regard for the judicial system with his witness tampering antics, so why is he in a VIP prison-suite?

Or am I reading this wrong? Oh, I really hope I am, and that VIP means he's kept in isolation because they're afraid the prison community at large will get to him... Got to keep him alive and well enough to stand trial and (please Rufus make it so!) finally flip on the presidunce.

A talking head's guest noted yesterday that people often think they'll be strong and not break, until they spend their first night in jail.......then the reality sinks in about just how awful it is, and then how long that awfulness might last.....

2 hours ago, Howl said:

A talking head's guest noted yesterday that people often think they'll be strong and not break, until they spend their first night in jail.......then the reality sinks in about just how awful it is, and then how long that awfulness might last.....

It all depends on what he fears most, a long time in jail, or the Russian mob coming after him. And I hate to say it, but that isn't much of a choice: life in prison or no life at all. So for him to flip, it will have to be witness protection, now that witness tampering hasn't worked out for him.

The jail where he's being kept is no country club. He can't receive calls and he can only make collect or calling card calls during certain hours. All calls, except those to his attorney(s) are recorded and subject to review. He can only have one 30 minute personal visit a week, during a time assigned by jailers. That visit will be no-contact, meaning he has to speak to the visitor through a glass partition.

An acquaintance of mine who was also a federal prisoner was housed in a similar jail in Virginia. I couldn't even send books or magazines -- all printed materials have to come in sealed packages directly from the publisher. Even though my acquaintance was a non-violent offender, she had to do some pretty degrading work while incarcerated. Pavel isn't going to be taking any high-powered meetings wearing expensive suits anytime soon. He's more likely to be forced to work in the commissary or in a janitorial type job while wearing a jumpsuit.

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The jail where he's being kept is no country club. He can't receive calls and he can only make collect or calling card calls during certain hours. All calls, except those to his attorney(s) are recorded and subject to review. He can only have one 30 minute personal visit a week, during a time assigned by jailers. That visit will be no-contact, meaning he has to speak to the visitor through a glass partition.

An acquaintance of mine who was also a federal prisoner was housed in a similar jail in Virginia. I couldn't even send books or magazines -- all printed materials have to come in sealed packages directly from the publisher. Even though my acquaintance was a non-violent offender, she had to do some pretty degrading work while incarcerated. Pavel isn't going to be taking any high-powered meetings wearing expensive suits anytime soon. He's more likely to be forced to work in the commissary or in a janitorial type job while wearing a jumpsuit.

Do you know if these conditions are the same for prisoners kept in VIP cells, like Pavel apparently is? Because I find what you’re telling us quite heartening. The thought of Pavel being made to clean toilets... :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Must say that I'm gobsmacked.  That's a very scary article.  Same song, different verses for the US and Britain re: Russian influence.  Note carefully the last paragraph (highlighted in yellow) of the article in this tweet: 

ETA: This is definitely breaking news.  The Daily Beast is covering this: 

Leading Brexit Campaigner Apparently Passed Documents on U.S. Probe into George Cottrell to the Russians     A top Brexit campaigner, who met repeatedly with Russian officials, appeared to share details of the indictment of George Cottrell, a dark web operator working for the campaign.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived