IGNORED

Joy and Austin: 248 Days Since the Wedding and Still Counting

Coconut Flan

I saw that! Yet another little girl to be stuck in an ankle-length frumper. I know we dislike it when girls are born into the cult, but at least she's got two older sisters for company. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Y'all stop making this thread HOT!!

I got so excited when I saw the thread was hot. Now I'm just disappointed, yesterday was the first birthday of the girl I nanny for, so I'm really fingers crossed they don't end up sharing a birthday. With my look the baby will be born on Sunday, when I am working the birthday party and can't check my phone all day. 

My aunt's SIL name is Cherry (like the fruit). No one gets it. One time when I was working at a place where I answered phones all day I got a phone call from a woman with the exact same name. This woman told me her mother also has the same name. 

6 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

My aunt's SIL name is Cherry (like the fruit). No one gets it. One time when I was working at a place where I answered phones all day I got a phone call from a woman with the exact same name. This woman told me her mother also has thr same name. 

Cherry Valance, these people are obviously not Outsiders fans.

I know an older butch lesbian called Cherry. She is the most un-Cherry person I've ever met.

and GUYS! This HOT THREAD! I thought this was IT! My HEART!!!!1!!1

58 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The name is Dorrance, you be the judge.

All I can think of reading that is Torrance, and now I want to go watch Bring It On.

Mr. Fortress just has a first name, no middle name.  When he was confirmed in the RC church, he picked a Confirmation name, which he then used as his middle name---for about 35 years or so.  When he went to renew his driver's license, though, the new U.S. federally-compliant kind---they said it wasn't a legal name and wouldn't let him use it!  So, he lost his middle name. 

I have a first & middle name on my birth certificate.  I have a Confirmation name, but never used it for anything.

I wondered if that was a regional thing (he is from the Mid Atlantic, I'm from New England) or a cultural thing (his family is Czechoslovakian in origin---mine is Irish/Scottish.) 

Aw, I saw that the thread was hot and thought little Austyna must have arrived!

Liking the drift, though. :my_biggrin: 

My family has the market on a particular male name. My grandfather's a senior, my dad's a junior, my oldest brother is not a third but has the same first name, my mom has a female variant, I married a man with that name, and it's now Little NQ's middle name. (Someone asked, during the pregnancy, if we were giving him it as a first name. I think the vehemence of my "no" startled her!)

15 minutes ago, Nargus said:

All I can think of reading that is Torrance, and now I want to go watch Bring It On.

Hey, it's hot in here there must be some Toros in the atmosphere. 

bring-it-on-tease-today-150821_a6d5050d4ff4df8517650b0040fbd257.jpg

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Mr. Fortress just has a first name, no middle name.  When he was confirmed in the RC church, he picked a Confirmation name, which he then used as his middle name---for about 35 years or so.  When he went to renew his driver's license, though, the new U.S. federally-compliant kind---they said it wasn't a legal name and wouldn't let him use it!  So, he lost his middle name. 

I have a first & middle name on my birth certificate.  I have a Confirmation name, but never used it for anything.

I wondered if that was a regional thing (he is from the Mid Atlantic, I'm from New England) or a cultural thing (his family is Czechoslovakian in origin---mine is Irish/Scottish.) 

It’s the same with my husband and I - we both have a confirmation name (Margaret and Paul), but only I have a middle name. I’m Irish-German from southern New England, he’s mostly Italian from New York. His parents said they thought about using their Grandfather’s first names as the middle names for the oldest boys, but they didn’t flow great and it was too much work thinking about middle names that would sound good with their first names. 

Our daughter’s full name is very special to us because it honors my family (and my love for the Tudors, which husband kind of didn’t realize at first. He’s just glad I didn’t trick him into a name honoring my favorite Poet, Poe. :pb_lol:) Her first name was the middle name of my father’s paternal grandmother (who helped raise him) and his two paternal Aunts, including one who was our mutual favorite relative. Her first name is also a form of the middle name I share with my mother. Her middle name is the German spelling of my mom’s late sister’s middle name. My parents and my mom’s family were all very touched when we announced her name after she was born and they thought it was even sweeter when we told them it was actually my husband who came up with the final version - I had suggested “Maria Claire”* and he ended up suggesting “Clara Marie.” We both liked his suggestion better, so we went with it. 

We already have four names** picked out for our second child. The boy middle name is the first name of husband’s father and eldest brother. The first name will either be a family name from both my sides or a name we just really like that’s linked to Game of Thrones (which we really enjoy.) The girl first name is one we just really liked and is from the Old Testament and the middle name will either be the name of my maternal grandmother’s favorite Aunt or a name I suggested that sounds nice with the first and last.

*Not her actual name.

**We have four names because my sister is currently pregnant with her second child. Her son’s first name is his father’s middle name and his middle name was the first name of his father’s paternal grandfather. We had had our original boy and girl names picked out for a few years before he was born, so we found it really funny that we wound up with similar naming styles. There’s a chance they’ll look to my family for name inspiration this time around, so we figured it was best to have backup options to play it safe. 

As for letter counts:

My name - 18 (down one letter from my maiden name)

Husband’s name - 13

Daughter’s name - 21 (her first name is only 4 letters though.)

Possible Son’s name - 19/21

Possible Daughter 2’s name - 20/21

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My name - 18 (down one letter from my maiden name)

Same! And still nobody can spell it... lol

My husband and I definitely both have unique names. I have an old-testament first name which is really only common in Israel, a French middle name and a slightly germanized Czech last name. Yes, I had fun spelling my name 27 times a day growing up in Germany, thanks very much. :kitty-wink: My husband was actually saddled with three names, the first of which is considered very white trash in Germany, the second of which is Maria (the only explicitly female name you're allowed to give your son in Germany, because Jesus), and then the thankfully normal third name which is actually the name he goes by. While it is not uncommon to go by a name other than your first in Germany, this continues to create chaos for him now that we live in the US. For example, both his high school and university diplomas list only the name he actually goes by, but in the US, he has to go by his first name officially, so the names don't match. You can imagine how much fun that is. :roll: What is even worse, it is all but impossible to legally change your name in Germany or my husband would have done it the minute he turned 18. Thankfully, they just enacted a new law where you can now at least change the order of your names. Now we just need to figure out how we can do it while not living in Germany. The consulate has already told us that they can't do it. Fun times. Fun times.

I think it's safe to say that our future children will have a normal number (i.e. one or two) of fairly conventional names, and that their first names will be the names we intend to call them. :)

1 minute ago, AtlanticTug said:

Srsly. I was sure Austinia was here.

I figured it was just thread drift. I have no idea if delivering early or late is genetic, but Jill and Jessa both had their kids (at least their first babies) after their due dates. I figured Joy might deliver sometime after her expected due date based off that alone. I’d bet she’ll deliver sometime between four and ten days after her due date, so between February 26 and March 4.

(Watch Joy deliver right outside that window just to prove me wrong. :pb_lol:)

Ugh I saw the hot thread and though Joy Joy had her kid. I'm guessing she might go a few days overdue. I'll add to the name thread. I have a somewhat unique name that was found in the TV guide. Lol no joke and my middle name is super common.

When baby Austyna Forsyth arrives the news will probably get lost in all the thread drift :pb_lol::pb_lol:

35 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hey, it's hot in here there must be some Toros in the atmosphere. 

bring-it-on-tease-today-150821_a6d5050d4ff4df8517650b0040fbd257.jpg

uggh those abs....

11 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I figured it was just thread drift. I have no idea if delivering early or late is genetic, but Jill and Jessa both had their kids (at least their first babies) after their due dates. I figured Joy might deliver sometime after her expected due date based off that alone. I’d bet she’ll deliver sometime between four and ten days after her due date, so between February 26 and March 4.

(Watch Joy deliver right outside that window just to prove me wrong. :pb_lol:)

I've never made it past 38+6 so this overdue business is very foreign to me. I figure it would be super annoying sitting around and waiting, but on the other hand I always feel super robbed of my luxurious mat leave days when I could loaf without a baby or with the older one being at daycare all day being taken away.

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I've never made it past 38+6 so this overdue business is very foreign to me. I figure it would be super annoying sitting around and waiting, but on the other hand I always feel super robbed of my luxurious mat leave days when I could loaf without a baby or with the older one being at daycare all day being taken away.

I wish I had that luxury. I'm hoping my water breaks at work so I don't have to use any mat leave before baby gets here. Those days are precious as I'll only get 8 wks home with baby.

8 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

When baby Austyna Forsyth arrives the news will probably get lost in all the thread drift :pb_lol::pb_lol:

You forgot the middle name. Has to be Austyna Martyna Forsyth. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I wish I had that luxury. I'm hoping my water breaks at work so I don't have to use any mat leave before baby gets here. Those days are precious as I'll only get 8 wks home with baby.

That is really hard. :( I hope you get the max you can home with your bub.

I took 13 months with my first, and will probably take 15 months with my second. Totally different story.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived