IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'd rather have Jana's life than Anna, Jill or Joy's- 

Well, except for living with JB and M,and sharing a room with little girls. I wouldn't want any Duggar girl life.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, except for living with JB and M,and sharing a room with little girls. I wouldn't want any Duggar girl life.

I'd take that over her married sisters' lives, but I really don't want kids of my own.

9 hours ago, zcccrv said:

Here we pronounce it Yah-na (like the german "Ja" for yes)

I can't say Jana the way the Duggars do. I have to practice saying it. Yah-na is the way I always pronounce it in my head.

I think Jana is in the best position right now, as an unmarried Duggar sister. She actually has wisdom and has observed her brothers' and sisters' marriages and their selection of partners.

She knows what kind of potential husbands to avoid based on what she has observed. 

Hopefully, she has learned that she should select a man that is:

• Jana's age or older
  • Has steady career and has a low chance of asking for money online. She will not select a "missionary" based on Jill's experience.
  • Hopefully, he has several different skills and income streams like John-David.
  • He knows how to control his opinions on social media, so they can stay on "Counting On". With a good online reputation, she can make money on social media, like Jill attempted to do (before she was swiftly removed from that company due to Derrick's problematic comments). 
  • He will purchase a home so she won't have to raise a baby in a construction zone house or an RV parked in a driveway, like Austin and Joy.
  • I think she wants a leader, more like Jeremy, instead of Ben.
  • Is physically attractive. (Poor Anna, she didn't have any good examples. Anna said it was not love at first sight when she met Josh. Anna has seen Jinger and Jessa marrying attractive men).
  • No history of sexually related crimes. She saw how Anna was living the high life in Washington DC. They had a huge house, Josh had a good job as a director of a conservative agency. I believe he was making around $100,000 per year or something like that.  She and Josh were taking selfies with politicians, such as Sarah Palin. Then, when the news broke to the media, Anna was suddenly living in the Duggar girls' room while her husband was in "rehab" for 6 months or more. What a fall from grace. I'm sure Jana saw Anna crying herself to sleep. 
  • I think she wants to be close to home, so I don't know if she would be interested in a suitor from another state. 

Who am I kidding? I bet she is feeling the pressure, especially with her twin getting married soon and her age, she might end up picking the next guy that shows interest. Hopefully, she is patient and picks the right guy for her. I don't want her to settle.

7 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

Anna has seen Jinger and Jessa marrying attractive men

I like how snarky this is about Derick and Austin without actually mentioning them. :pb_lol:

If I had to be a Duggar (oh the horror!) I’d chose JD. He has the perks Jana has, but none of the responsibilities. He also seems ridiculously happy in love right now and that’s always fun. 

I actually think all of the Duggar daughter's husbands are objectively attractive. I will say Derick has looked worse for the wear since roughly a year post wedding, but he's had health issues.

If forced at gunpoint to pick, the only Duggar I would swap lives with is JD. No fundie female, no way no how. I will insist with my dying breath that Jana has more responsibilities, less breathing room, less time to herself, and a hell of a lot more chores. 

2 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

I actually think all of the Duggar daughter's husbands are objectively attractive. I will say Derick has looked worse for the wear since roughly a year post wedding, but he's had health issues.

Derdick attractive? Ewwwww gross!!

I think Jeremy and Austin are average, Ben is quite cute though.

I feel like a lot of people here forget that when they used to ask the girls about their future partners and relationships, Jana always seemed to genuinely want a husband and kids. 

You all say "she sees what her sisters have and doesn't want that" or "she doesn't want kids, she already has 16" or "she's holding out for prince charming". Really though, we don't know. She might be too picky. She might not be the catch everyone here thinks she is to the fundy boys. Despite her being on the show, we honestly don't know how Jana presents herself to others, including potential suitors, or what Jana truly wants. 

Personally, although she has the garden and the dog, I think Jana does want to get married. She's never been nonchalant about it like JD. 

I hope Jana is happy with her life. She deserves that, married, babies or not married and no babies. Too bad her parents don't even realise that. 

Derrick was not super bad looking before the wedding.

Too bad he went completely downhill after that.

derick-dillard-jill-duggar.jpg

54 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Derrick was not super bad looking before the wedding.

Too bad he went completely downhill after that.

derick-dillard-jill-duggar.jpg

Rufus forgive me, but I actually thought he was attractive during the courtin' days. I'll just show myself to the prayer closet. 

3 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Rufus forgive me, but I actually thought he was attractive during the courtin' days. I'll just show myself to the prayer closet. 

I can join you in the prayer closet. May I bring cake, wine and chips?

49 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one. And yes, the more wine, the better.

4 hours ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Is there room for one more? 

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one. And yes, the more wine, the better.

I’m pretty sure you need some kind of mansion sized closet to fit everyone from FJ that deserves a place in it. :penguin-wink:

On 9/29/2018 at 1:33 PM, eye_browz said:

Who am I kidding? I bet she is feeling the pressure, especially with her twin getting married soon and her age, she might end up picking the next guy that shows interest. Hopefully, she is patient and picks the right guy for her. I don't want her to settle.

She's held out this long, I doubt she would suddenly 'settle' now for someone that she wasn't fully interested in. 

For all we know, no one is interested in HER. I feel like we make a lot of assumptions with Jana when we know very, very little about her. 

I think Austin and Ben both fall squarely into the 'cute young man' category.  I would have found them both very attractive, when I was age appropriate for them.  Jeremy, I can see why he is considered attractive -- he is tall, fit and well groomed, although I, personally, don't think him as handsome as either Austin or Ben, who are just more my 'type,' I guess.

Derrick just looks like a creep.  Lately he's looked like an unhealthy creep, but even when he first came into the picture, I thought he looked creepy.  To me, he looks like he would be happiest eating flies in a dungeon.  He has a nasty Renfield vibe that I just do not like. 

Austin suffers from the case of Hobbit-face. He would fit right in within the fellowship. Ben is cute but his manner of speaking is strange to me. The faces he makes while engaged in conversation and the way his mouth moves doesn't scream "appealing" to my personal taste. Derick is just a guy, I don't find him repulsive and I don't find find attractive either. Jeremy has his height and build going for him but face-wise- I think he looks like a nana. Clean shaven, with small glasses and a head scarf, sitting behind a counter- I could see him selling his home grown apples to me.

I have a real dark hair/eyes thing so all of my boyfriends looked like Jeremy.  Tall, dark, handsome and turned out to be a bit of an a**hole.

17 hours ago, viii said:

She's held out this long, I doubt she would suddenly 'settle' now for someone that she wasn't fully interested in. 

For all we know, no one is interested in HER. I feel like we make a lot of assumptions with Jana when we know very, very little about her. 

Hasn't Jana hinted at there being plenty of suitors, or at least some?

2 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Hasn't Jana hinted at there being plenty of suitors, or at least some?

I think Jessa has said something like that in the past.

That there has been suitors but that Jana is picky.

Austin suffers from the case of Hobbit-face. He would fit right in within the fellowship.

This is screamingly accurate [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I have a real dark hair/eyes thing so all of my boyfriends looked like Jeremy.  Tall, dark, handsome and turned out to be a bit of an a**hole.

Love dark hair/eyes! I must say Jeremy is really attractive to me! Love a silliness and play in a man too (i still think he's an awful, awful person, no one has forgotten the anti social justice rhetoric Jeremy you maggot)

I've got a tall, dark bf now... He is a bit of an ass**le lol

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think Jessa has said something like that in the past.

That there has been suitors but that Jana is picky.

More like Jana is being smart.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived