IGNORED

Trump 28: He's a "stable genius" with a "big & powerful button"

Destiny

Fuck Face says he's not a feminist

President Trump said that he wouldn’t call himself a feminist in a new interview with Piers Morgan, Morgan said Saturday.

The British news host tweeted out Trump’s quotes from the interview on Saturday night.

“No, I wouldn't say I'm a feminist. I mean, I think that would be, maybe, going too far,” Trump said in the interview, according to Morgan. “I’m for women, I'm for men, I’m for everyone.”

No shit, Sherlock.

I think 4/5 the planet figured that out quite a while ago.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@47of74 -- the first thing I thought when I saw that picture is that they both look like total douchecanoes.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

WTDH? "Air Force One’s new refrigerators will cost taxpayers $24 million"

Reveal hidden contents

Air Force One is upgrading its refrigerators, and the cost to taxpayers will be a cool $24 million.

Under a new government contract awarded to Boeing, the U.S. Air Force will pay the aeronautics behemoth $23,657,671 to replace two of the five chiller units on the plane used by President Trump.

Both of those units, which are used to store food, were installed on the plane when it was originally delivered in 1990, according to the Air Force. Increasingly, however, the plane has needed additional cold food storage space “to support onboard personnel for an extended period of time, without having to restock while abroad,” Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said in an email.

“The [old] units were based on the technology at the time and designed for short-term food storage,” Stefanek said. “Although serviced on a regular basis, reliability has decreased with failures increasing, especially in hot/humid environments. The units are unable to effectively support mission requirements for food storage.”

The new refrigerator units will have nearly 70 cubic feet of storage space, she said.

The $24 million will also cover the cost of testing and certification by the Federal Aviation Administration, according to the contract. Work related to the upgrade will be carried out in Oklahoma City, San Antonio and other cities, and the work is expected to be done by the end of October 2019, the contract stated.

The high-cost upgrade was first reported by Defense One, which detailed the unique needs of the presidential aircraft — the plane reportedly needs refrigerated storage space for about 3,000 meals — as well as the White House’s and Air Force’s strict requirements for “bespoke equipment” when it comes to Air Force One.

“It’s not a contractor issue; it is a requirements issue,” Richard Aboulafia, a vice president at the Teal Group consulting firm, told the defense and national security news site. “It’s not getting people rich.”

However, Eric Schultz, a former senior adviser to Barack Obama, reacted to the news by tweeting that “we would have been impeached” if the previous administration had carried out such an upgrade to Air Force One.

Schultz declined an interview request Saturday morning.

Air Force One has two galleys where up to 100 meals can be prepared at a time, according to ABC News. An ABC slide show captured an array of “incredible” dishes that have been served on board, from beef tenderloin and lasagna to kebabs and tiramisu. (The president can request pretty much anything, CBS News once reported, with a caveat that Air Force One french fries tend to be “a bit soggy” because of the lack of a fryer on the plane.)

“During international trips, chillers in the belly of Air Force One keep food for daily meals fresh,” ABC News reported. “The crew never procures food overseas to serve on the plane as a safety precaution.”

It’s unclear whether the Air Force considered other, less expensive alternatives to replacing the two chiller units in question, or whether the replacement would take the plane out of commission for an extended period of time. Stefanek said the Air Force was not able to answer additional questions Saturday morning.

In 2015, the Air Force announced that two new Boeing 747-8 aircraft would be used in the presidential fleet, replacing the current plane. But Trump, while campaigning for the presidency, criticized the planned purchase for its $4 billion price tag. He even suggested that his personal private aircraft was better and that Air Force One would be a step down for him.

Even after winning the election, Trump pushed back against the expense, tweeting that the United States should cancel an order for a new presidential 747 because “costs are out of control.”

A subsequent fact check by The Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler highlighted some of the inaccuracies in Trump’s tweet. But he continued to make the claim.

“I refuse to fly in a $4.2 billion airplane,” Trump told a crowd last February in Florida. “I refuse.” But at the rally, he also claimed to have negotiated the deal down with Boeing, reducing the cost by $1 billion. (Air Force officials would later say they did not know of any such negotiations or savings.)

Still, it only took a few days in office and a trip on the plane for Trump to change his opinion of Air Force One.

“Beautiful, a great plane,” Trump told reporters on board Air Force One after his first trip. “Terrific.”

WTF? I get that the fridges are nearly 30 years old, but they're really going to spend $24 million replacing them on a plane that is itself due to be replaced in 6 years?

Tweet from the FBI. Don't you just love the message within the message? 

A little reminder.

I don't think anything will be done about his noncompliance, do you?

OMG. Had never seen this SNL cold open with Robin Williams as Ronald Reagan. Talk about "déja vu."

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

OMG. Had never seen this SNL cold open with Robin Williams as Ronald Reagan. Talk about "déja vu."

I had spotify going in my vehicle today and this came up;

IMG_1372.JPG.914f24165acbce19a3d1c3e532a8604d.JPG

First thing I thought was goddamn, I miss Robin Williams so much.  He would have had the greatest jokes about fuck face if he was still with us.  Of course the snowflakes of the reich wouldn't be able to handle what Robin said about fuck face and his groupies.

@47of74 -- I totally agree. I can just imagine how great Robin Williams' portrayal of Agent Orange would have been. He was such a treasure.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I had spotify going in my vehicle today and this came up;

IMG_1372.JPG.914f24165acbce19a3d1c3e532a8604d.JPG

First thing I thought was goddamn, I miss Robin Williams so much.  He would have had the greatest jokes about fuck face if he was still with us.  Of course the snowflakes of the reich wouldn't be able to handle what Robin said about fuck face and his groupies.

Neat. I want a new car with one of those. I think I'll start a GoFundMe page like Derick, or maybe a register at Macy's because I really do need want a new oven and fridge. I'll have to get with  JRod to ask her how to scam people. In the mean time all you kind and wonderful FJers send me a check, but don't worry about the amount. Leave that part blank.

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

And he's promoting cleanliness by removing regulations that promote cleanliness

So now the ice caps are at record levels. He truly is just amazing, isn't he? Next he'll claim that meteors are coming at the earth but he's stopping them.

This "clear" obsession is growing too. Clear wall, clear air, clear water. I don't even want to contemplate where that obsession started.

The ice caps are in fact setting records, just not the good kind but the kind where they're melting more than they should.

I thought Trump only knows four  adjectives (great, fake, beautiful, tremendous) so I'm pleasantly surprised that he is familiar with "clear"

Fuck face is so mature.

Trump made the remarks in a phone call to McCabe the day he fired FBI Director James Comey that was placed to demand why Comey was allowed to fly on a FBI plane from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C., after being fired.

Trump fell silent before lashing out at McCabe and telling him to ask his wife what it felt like to be a loser, according to NBC.

The FBI head replied, “OK, sir,” before Trump ended the call.

McCabe’s wife had run as a Democrat for state office in Virginia but had lost the race.

I see that Trump is refusing to implement the sanctions on Russia. I knew this was coming, but I'm still furious. :angry-cussingblack:

The SOTU is tomorrow night, and I always watch those no matter who the president is, but I just can't bring myself to watch that ignorant jackass. I know the stupid media is going to clap and cheer about how he's so presidential for not reaching into his Depends and smearing the contents everywhere, and I just can't do it. :pb_sad:

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I see that Trump is refusing to implement the sanctions on Russia. I knew this was coming, but I'm still furious. :angry-cussingblack:

The SOTU is tomorrow night, and I always watch those no matter who the president is, but I just can't bring myself to watch that ignorant jackass. I know the stupid media is going to clap and cheer about how he's so presidential for not reaching into his Depends and smearing the contents everywhere, and I just can't do it. :pb_sad:

I can't watch him, at least not for anywhere near that long, either. I will skim read cnn or cbs later to see if there is anything I need to know that he said.

2 minutes ago, apple1 said:

I can't watch him, at least not for anywhere near that logn, either. I will skim read cnn or cbs later to see if there is anything I need to know that he said.

My usual MO is to read the transcript that will be published by the WaPo since I can't stand listening to or watching Agent Orange for more than about three seconds.

On another note, I went to see the comedian Sinbad this weekend. He despises Dumpy. I laughed when he said that Dumpy is a "mentally ill orange person".

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

This may seem unrelated to your post, but bear with me. There's a family story my dad and his siblings tell about their grandmother. They laugh about it now, but it's safe to say their mom was not that amused at the time.

Long ago (this is either during or just after WWII), there was a birthday celebration at his home, which was one flight up from street level. The front door was at the street, and opened up directly to the stairs going up to their apartment. Being the youngest, my dad was very excited that his old, aging grandmother would be joining them for the party. Even though she was going slightly senile, she was always fun to have around. One of his aunts or uncles was picking her up and they would be arriving soon. Suddenly there was quite a commotion on the stairs, and everyone ran to see what was going on. There was his grandmother, coming up the stairs with a big grin on her face, wiping a dirty hand all along the wall and bannister. "Ha ha, I've pooped my pants," she laughed, to everyone's consternation. 

So you see, @Cartmann99, your idea about the presidunce smearing fecal matter around isn't that far-fetched at all.

From Jennifer Rubin: "You want fake news? Watch the State of the Union."

Spoiler

State of the Union addresses have become Washington kabuki theater at its worst. Everything is for show — the staged applause, the invited guests in the gallery, the self-congratulations, the empty promises. The insincerity on all sides oozes from the chamber. Worst of all may be the chin-stroking pundits who pretend this is significant.

They will intone — if President Trump makes it through the prepared remarks without foaming at the mouth about the Russia investigation — that he was “presidential.” If he could only be like that all the time, they earnestly proclaim. Yes, if Trump were not Trump and spoke others’ words that he likely doesn’t entirely grasp (quick, have him explain what the trade deficit really is), we’d all be better off. But he doesn’t, and we’re not.

Forgotten will be Monday’s events – the reports of a raving Trump calling the wife of acting FBI director Andrew McCabe a “loser;” of the president being irate over the Department of Justice’s attempt to prevent the release of a memo damaging to national security; and of him being determined to fire McCabe, who was told about former FBI director James B. Comey’s conversations with the president, making him a witness to alleged obstruction. Rather than point out that those revelations confirm Trump is temperamentally unfit for the job, and is uninterested in anything other than protecting his own hide, he’ll be patted on the head for reading off a teleprompter.

The usual play-acting associated with the State of the Union address is bad enough, but with this president it is hard to imagine how it could provide any insight into his thinking. There are two Trumps. The first one can get through a speech in the House chamber or at Davos by sticking to a script written by mainstream conservatives. The second has no interest in policy, no idea how to achieve it, no comprehension of American institutions, and no ability to lead the free world. In other words, we get either an entirely artificial and unrepresentative articulation of his presidency, or a raving, ignorant, race-baiter. The two have nothing to do with one another.

In this respect, we should stop paying attention to the prepared speeches (goodness knows our international allies must have at this point), and focus on his tweets — the exact opposite of what his apologists urge. The authentic Trump voice  — a tangle of prejudices, resentments and urban myths — won’t be heard in his remarks tonight.

The insistence on taking the phony Trump seriously goes beyond his dogged defenders, the ones who decree that character and the Constitution must take a back seat to lowering the top marginal tax rate. Month after month, and now year after year, some members of the mainstream media have kept up the pretense that Trump is a normal president who absorbs material, rationally considers data and propounds policies calibrated to deliver on desired means. Is it some journalistic sin to point out that, for a year, the emperor has had no clothes?

What is the point, really, in dissecting promises of bipartisanship, when in a day or an hour he’ll create another juvenile slur to hurl at Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.)? What service is the media providing when it notes the president is using less confrontational language about immigration than he does when he speaks his mind (fewer brown and black immigrants from “shithole” countries, please)?

There is pomp and tradition, sure. But there is also misleading or deceiving the public by insisting his words are authentic and portend a pivot, a new day, a fresh start, an about-face, or whatever for this president.

We see one saving grace in the State of the Union, though. As with all hypocrisy, it is the compliment vice pays to virtue. A president is supposed to sound generous, sober, high-minded, inclusive and responsible. He is supposed to show fidelity to the rule of law, celebrate our civil liberties and admire democracies around the world. He is supposed to embody our most noble ideas, not our worst biases. So, for a night, the puppeteers around Trump will have him channel the qualities and sentiments we all wished he possessed. It will be an inadvertent admission of Trump’s unfitness. All he can do is fake it at this point.

At least we will know there are people around Trump who understand what a president should sound like. If only they had the decency to quit their jobs and decry a president who lacks virtually every public virtue.

She is right.

Yeah, I won't be watching either. Just looking at him makes me angry. Last year everyone was pleasantly surprised that he sounded half-way sane and managed to stay on point most of the time. But I think he was very nervous about that speech as it was his first SOTU so he stuck to the script.

I suspect it will be different this time because the last year has emboldened him. He'll have a harder time staying on script and will brag endlessly. Just can't handle it.

From the wonderful Dana Milbank: "The State of the Union, in Trump’s real words"

Spoiler

On Tuesday night, the president will read a speech somebody else wrote for him. The pundits will say he sounds presidential. And on Wednesday Donald Trump will go back to being Donald Trump.

White House officials prepped reporters for Tuesday’s performance by saying that President Trump will be “optimistic” as well as “very unifying” and that “the tone will be one of bipartisanship and it will be very forward looking.” And Trump will speak “from the heart.”

No. Trump will speak “from a teleprompter.” That’s why we’ll hear “unifying” and “bipartisan” notes. If you want “from the heart,” check his Twitter account.

What if Trump’s State of the Union contained not the sentiments of speechwriters but the words Trump himself tweeted and retweeted during his first year in office? Here are some optimistic, unifying and very forward-looking excerpts.

On the state of the union:

Our economy is now booming and with all I am doing, will only get better. The Trump economy is booming. Unprecedented success for our Country, in so many ways. Lowest Unemployment for Women & ALL. Somebody please inform Jay-Z that because of my policies, Black Unemployment has just been reported to be at the LOWEST RATE EVER RECORDED! Most explosive Stock Market rally that we’ve seen in modern times. I guess somebody likes me (my policies)!

Broke Harry Truman’s Record. I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius and a very stable genius at that! Donald Trump is the greatest President our Country has ever seen. This will be perhaps best presidency ever. Despite the constant negative press covfefe.

On bipartisanship and unity in domestic affairs:

Only now with a #RealPresident do we see the scope of destruction engineered by #Obama and the #Democrat cabal. The Democrats should be ashamed. This is a disgrace! Phony hypocrites! They lost the election, and now they have lost their grip on reality. If the Dems (Crooked Hillary) got elected, your stocks would be down 50% from values on Election Day.

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer took such a beating. People like liddle’ Bob Corker have set the U.S. way back. Sen. Jeff Flake(y) . . . is unelectable. Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand . . . would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them.) VOTE ROY MOORE!

ObamaCare is dead and the Democrats are obstructionists. Perhaps just let OCare crash & burn!

On nuclear security:

Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me “old,” when I would NEVER call him “short and fat?” I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man. My Button works!

On cooperation with allies:

@Theresa_May, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. Mayor of London says there is “no reason to be alarmed!” Pathetic excuse.

The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

The FAKE NEWS media is trying to say that large scale immigration in Sweden is working out just beautifully. NOT!

The United States has foolishly given Pakistan more than 33 billion dollars in aid over the last 15 years, and they have given us nothing but lies & deceit.

On hemispheric relations:

We need the Wall to help stop the massive inflow of drugs from Mexico, now rated the number one most dangerous country in the world. We very badly NEED THE WALL. Mexico will pay for it through reimbursement/other.

On Russia’s interference in U.S. elections:

When will all the haters and fools out there realize that having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing? Trump Russia story is a hoax. #MAGA! It’s all a big Dem HOAX! Just found out that Obama had my “wires tapped” in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism! This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history! Also, there is NO COLLUSION! Where are Crooked Hillary Emails? What a mess!

On the president’s optimistic and forward-looking vision for America:

Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them.

The opinion of this so-called judge . . . is ridiculous. If something happens blame him and court system.

The FAKE NEWS media . . . is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

Low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!

. . . and may God help the United States of America.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived