IGNORED

Weenese 3: Brother Gary Hawkins Wanting God All Over Him

FundieFarmer

A beautiful, wonderful, complicated place filled with beautiful, wonderful people.

And Brother Gary.

HAYMAYN

(I love that Bro. Gary often looks surprised at his own, admittedly very loud, interjections of HAYMAYN)

EDIT: Sis. Good Beans

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a good idea for the title of the next thread; am not a helpmeet so can’t set it up myself. 

*sad trumpet* indeed at G-Haw going private. How will I get my fixin’s of good weens and cornbread milks now? :(

Sis mango_fandango

23 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

(I love that Bro. Gary often looks surprised at his own, admittedly very loud, interjections of HAYMAYN)

:pb_lol:  I know, right?

15 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I have a good idea for the title of the next thread; am not a helpmeet so can’t set it up myself. 

*sad trumpet* indeed at G-Haw going private. How will I get my fixin’s of good weens and cornbread milks now? :(

Sis mango_fandango

Sis Mango fandango, your gastric plumbing will thank you for abstaining.

Elder Sis Granwych

Okay Sis'

Mr Dancing handed me coffee this morning as usual (yay!) and this thread made me laugh. And that's all I got. Need more coffee. 

Sis Dancing

P.S. This sis doesn't understand alcohol in camel milk or drinkable yogurt. Gonna keep it that way. 

12 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I don't like coffee at all and I don't like wine very much, except weird wine like this one huckleberry one I had once. But man, I can't wait to see how much my financial outlook is going to improve once I start buying Plexus instead of nonexistent coffee! One day I hope to be so well off that I can live in a broken converted bus filled with plywood. Together, we can make that happen if you all will just support my small business. I mean, unless you all actively want me to starve to death or whatever. #bossbabe #guilttrip #passiveaggression

Oooh, try Muscadine wine! It's the only kind I like, it's sweet. I like to let the glass sit a bit before I drink it. My current fave is Carolina Red from Duplin winery, but there are a ton out there I want to try.

Is there any wine that doesn't taste like vinegar, or is it just my distorted taste buds?  It seems like the only alcohol I can handle are "chick drinks," where you can't really taste the alcohol (but your knees sure let you know when you stand up--"

Muscadine--hmm.  Tried Moscato, but still kinda yucky.  Maybe the Almighty Rufus is letting me know that I really shouldn't be adding alcohol to my list of coping mechanisms?

Sticky (dessert wine) might be the way forward. It’s sweet but immensely varied, from light, orange blossom sweetness to intense, dark, raisin. We introduced my MIL a few years ago, which was either the best thing ever or a huge mistake, depending on who is describing it.

I make my own blackberry vodka which is deliciously fruity but far more alcoholic than Sticky. It’s lovely in a cocktail with Champagne.

If you like bright colours (like good, red weens from Maine), there’s a lovely cocktail that I often make for parties called a poinsettia (like the plant).

Enough for about 10 glasses:

2c Cranberry juice

3c Prosecco or other sparkling wine

1/2 c Cointreau (orange liqueur)

But maybe you're right, @Granwych and drowning your sorrows in alcohol, which is commonly a depressant (definitely avoid gin, which makes many people melancholy) isn’t the way forward. For you, I offer my favourite rosemary lemonade:

Make a basic sugar syrup (1c water, 1c white sugar) flavoured with rosemary by gently dissolving the sugar in the water over a low heat. Bring to the boil and then turn off the heat, add sprigs of fresh rosemary (start with 2 hand-length sprigs, torn into smaller pieces and adjust next time if it isn’t right) to the hot syrup and allow it to cool to room temperature. Remove the rosemary and store the syrup in a bottle in the fridge for up to a week.

For the lemonade, squeeze half a lemon into a glass and top up with sparkling water. Sweeten with the rosemary syrup to taste and garnish with rosemary and a curl of lemon peel (you just squeezed the lemon so you may as well make use of some of the peel while also making your drink look special).

Mulled apple cider (or apple juice), spiced with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, sweetened with brown sugar and served hot with wedges of fresh apple and orange is one that we make a lot at this time of year. It’s warming and delicious and makes the house smell wonderful...

46 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Is there any wine that doesn't taste like vinegar, or is it just my distorted taste buds?  It seems like the only alcohol I can handle are "chick drinks," where you can't really taste the alcohol (but your knees sure let you know when you stand up--"

Muscadine--hmm.  Tried Moscato, but still kinda yucky.  Maybe the Almighty Rufus is letting me know that I really shouldn't be adding alcohol to my list of coping mechanisms?

Yeah I only like sweet chick drinks too, but my doc recommended a glass of red wine every night, and I found I like the muscadine wine. I do chill it and then let the glass sit out a few minutes first. I also feel good about buying it since it's mostly local for me!

10 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Hey folks. Yall can have all the coffee, the wine, and all the pink dranks, as long as I get all the chocolate and all the tea. Oh wait. I already have all the tea. :my_biggrin: (Close enough anyways.) And even if I get all the chocolate, it all disappears way too fast. :( 

Until later, Bro. Gary. We'll miss you!

Sis WWJCD who is over-fond of variety in her tea collection

When we moved cities recently, Mr. Pianokeeper and I hired the services of a local to help unload the moving truck upon our arrival. He didn't comment much on our belongings but couldn't help commenting on two things: how many books we have, and how much tea. He was so flabbergasted at our (okay, my) tea selection that I made him a little sampler pack in a ziploc, to take home and try a few. We have a LOT of books and tea. 

@Jellybean can you share how you make your blackberry vodka?? I'm intrigued!

And how dare Bro Ween go private when I'm home sick with nothing to do. First Jill, now him. I can't handle the Turpins, Lori Alexander just makes me ragey... off to search for some new rabbit holes, I guess. :(

It’s just normal vodka with sugar and blackberries, so I feel almost embarrassed calling it a recipe, but it is delicious and can’t be bought, so...

Regular size bottle of vodka (that’s 700 ml in the UK - about 23 oz)

500g blackberries

200g white sugar (caster dissolves better than granulated)

sterilise a large (1.5 litre/50 oz) Kilner/Mason jar and pour the vodka into it. Add the sugar and blackberries and seal the jar tightly. Keep gently tipping/shaking it until all the sugar is dissolved and then put the jar somewhere cool and dark. Shake/tip/swirl it around every day for 2-3 weeks and then weekly for another month or so (6-8 weeks of steeping in total)

Sterilise a bottle that will hold about 4c (1litre/33oz) and strain the vodka into it. Keep the weirdly pale blackberries to make drunken fool, blackberry cranachan, Eton mess, ice cream or pavlova. 

The strained vodka will keep in a cool, dark place (we just keep ours in the drinks cabinet) for a year.

From Nigella Lawson’s ‘Kitchen’ book (of my collection of over 100 recipe books, this is the one I use most frequently)

17 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

I spend mine on coffee and wine. I need both.

Sis Dancing

Forget wine—with the Current Incumbent and the State of the ”Uniom”* address looming tonight, I need vodka. 

*no, that isn’t a typo. Well, it isn’t my typo. 

—Sis Lillymuffin, who just ate an entire thing of Boursin “gournay” cheese (also not my typo—what is the world coming to?) with crackers and feels vaguely sick. 

Spoiler

442BD91C-8666-424E-A120-8A4674C5DA42.thumb.jpeg.976f1dc87a2846d17aa98ba5bebd1f24.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

It’s just normal vodka with sugar and blackberries, so I feel almost embarrassed calling it a recipe, but it is delicious and can’t be bought, so...

Regular size bottle of vodka (that’s 700 ml in the UK - about 23 oz)

500g blackberries

200g white sugar (caster dissolves better than granulated)

sterilise a large (1.5 litre/50 oz) Kilner/Mason jar and pour the vodka into it. Add the sugar and blackberries and seal the jar tightly. Keep gently tipping/shaking it until all the sugar is dissolved and then put the jar somewhere cool and dark. Shake/tip/swirl it around every day for 2-3 weeks and then weekly for another month or so (6-8 weeks of steeping in total)

Sterilise a bottle that will hold about 4c (1litre/33oz) and strain the vodka into it. Keep the weirdly pale blackberries to make drunken fool, blackberry cranachan, Eton mess, ice cream or pavlova. 

The strained vodka will keep in a cool, dark place (we just keep ours in the drinks cabinet) for a year.

From Nigella Lawson’s ‘Kitchen’ book (of my collection of over 100 recipe books, this is the one I use most frequently)

Perfect timing!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Ok folks, I feel so lost without my daily helping of weens. With no Rods or Nogs either, I don't know what to do with myself.

There isn't enough booze in the world to get me through the State of the Uniom address, so I'm going to skip it and read the highlights tomorrow,

29 minutes ago, General Jinjur said:

There isn't enough booze in the world to get me through the State of the Uniom address, so I'm going to skip it and read the highlights tomorrow

Same here, plus it's a school night. I make a point of not drinking the nights before I send my poor, defenseless babies off to get indoctrinated by the GODless state.

16 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Hey folks. Yall can have all the coffee, the wine, and all the pink dranks, as long as I get all the chocolate and all the tea. Oh wait. I already have all the tea. :my_biggrin: (Close enough anyways.) And even if I get all the chocolate, it all disappears way too fast. :( 

Until later, Bro. Gary. We'll miss you!

Sis WWJCD who is over-fond of variety in her tea collection

You sound like Bro Heifer. He does things like take "what should your favorite tea be that you've never heard of ever" and "what kind of obscure tea should you be?" quizzes, then searches for the results on Amazon and asks me to get them for him. He has a crazy tea collection, and drinks at least 3 cups a day, usually.

He thinks coffee is gross and can't grok why I like it, but tea just doesn't do it for me unless I'm sick. It actually works out great this way, since neither of us drink each other's stuff.

He's a chocolate fanatic as well. I've actually never seen anything like it. My ex before him was really into cheeseburgers, whiskey and Guinness, so Bro H was quite the change of pace.

Ok Folks, there is hope!

Appears our G-Haw has just taken his past weens to friends only (I have done this many times), and does not intend to completely deprive us of future weens, be they good, bad, with or without gravy.

I still have some unposted past weenshots in my photos...perhaps I will plunk a jetro bowl of them in front of y'all ever so often, just to keep things amusing.

Screenshot_2018-01-30-14-48-26_kindlephoto-108661183.png

6 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

We have a LOT of books and tea. 

I've always considered this to be the sign of a home that I'd like to hang out in.... Well, that and alcohol.

Of course, an RV riddled with Plexus'n'KJVs appeals even more.... And that's before they have even served up the good pink weens for lunch. 

OK Folks. Hoping FB privacy is a temporary blip and looking forward to G-Haw's future postings, as I truly believe (praise Rufus) that, if I ever manage to follow what he is saying, I will be saved from the evil, 8-tentacled clutches of the Polar Octopus. 

Sis Toro

23 minutes ago, ElToro said:

Ok Folks. Hoping FB privacy is a temporary blip and looking forward to G-Haw's future postings, as I truly believe (praise Rufus) that, if I ever manage to follow what he is saying, I will be saved from the evil, 8-tentacled clutches of the Polar Octopus. 

We all need saving from the Polar Octopus. Even the FSM's Holy Colander and Thor's Mighty Hammer are sketchy protection from the Tentacles of Doom.

The Hawkins Family Ministries page is still viewable, although nothing has been posted since the 12th.

How do I go about suggesting my thread title? 

5 hours ago, General Jinjur said:

There isn't enough booze in the world to get me through the State of the Uniom address, so I'm going to skip it and read the highlights tomorrow,

I just can't do it. Just can't stomach it. 

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

I just can't do it. Just can't stomach it. 

I can think of so many things I would rather do than watch that, including get norovirus or do colonoscopy prep or basically anything else ever.

11 hours ago, PumaLover said:

@Jellybean can you share how you make your blackberry vodka?? I'm intrigued!

And how dare Bro Ween go private when I'm home sick with nothing to do. First Jill, now him. I can't handle the Turpins, Lori Alexander just makes me ragey... off to search for some new rabbit holes, I guess. :(

I've just clambered out of the Sparkling Lauren and Hellena/Currawong rabbit holes... of the two Hellena is probably funnier but more NSFW while Lauren is more a very slow motion car crash. 

And that's a weekend of my life I'm unlikely to get back!

42 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I've just clambered out of the Sparkling Lauren and Hellena/Currawong rabbit holes... of the two Hellena is probably funnier but more NSFW while Lauren is more a very slow motion car crash. 

And that's a weekend of my life I'm unlikely to get back!

Have not read Hellena's thread(s). Am intrigued and a little frightened.

Send down the rescue ferrets if I haven't returned by tomorrow. I have exhausted my ability to care about any of the Duggars (for the time being), and as nothing is happening on Zsu's, Jill Rod's or Bro G-Haw's (*sob*) threads...

I'm going in.

6 minutes ago, Texas Heifer said:

Have not read Hellena's thread(s). Am intrigued and a little frightened.

Send down the rescue ferrets if I haven't returned by tomorrow. I have exhausted my ability to care about any of the Duggars (for the time being), and as nothing is happening on Zsu's, Jill Rod's or Bro G-Haw's (*sob*) threads...

I'm going in.

Take wine, or other beverage of choice... you might need it. :)

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived