IGNORED

Bridesmaids

StarrieEyedKat

I'm sorry, I know this doesn't need it's own topic, but am I really the only person on the effing planet that thought this movie was stupid?

Guest Anonymous

I have been wanting to see this movie, I have been hearing from people that I know that is is hilarious. Not sure what if I will pay per view it or not.

I've yet to meet someone that didn't think it was hysterical, but I've watched it twice now and at most, I've chuckled at a couple of parts. I think I may be broken.

I thought it was funny, but not the best movie of the year or anything. Kristen Wiig did a pretty good job. Horrible Bosses and Hall Pass were both way better.

I'm watching now, with some gins in my body and bad connection... don't quite understand everything My roomie loved it! lol

Maybe it needs an audience around you? I loved it. I thought it had the perfect balance of sweet and awful. Also some of the Milwaukee parts actually looked like Milwaukee, which is kind of a shock.

The first time I saw it was in the theater, but at a very bad point in life so I just figured I didn't like it because I was going through a lot of crap right then. I rewatched it last week and had the same reaction of "Meh, it's got some funny moments, but it's really just way too over the top for me to be rolling with laughter." I guess my sense of humor is just different.

I thought it was ok... but seriously I hate characters that just are me me me and mess up their own lives intentionally!

I was just irritated that Jon Hamm had time to make Bridesmaids, but the next season of Mad Men has been so delayed. :D

Actually, I did laugh. Not hysterically, but I did think parts of it were funny. Of course, some of that may have been due to the fact that my favorite little theatre now serves wine and my girlfriend and I had had several glasses by the time the movie started!

I'm watching now, with some gins in my body and bad connection... don't quite understand everything My roomie loved it! lol

and the gin talked, I forgot I had commented on it. We watched it again the day after... still not quite my thing :P

I was just irritated that Jon Hamm had time to make Bridesmaids, but the next season of Mad Men has been so delayed. :D

Actually, I did laugh. Not hysterically, but I did think parts of it were funny. Of course, some of that may have been due to the fact that my favorite little theatre now serves wine and my girlfriend and I had had several glasses by the time the movie started!

I agree!!

I thought it had funny parts, but I didn't see what the big deal was either.

My mom saw it twice & she and my sister were raving about how absolutely hilarious it was, so I was pretty much set up to be let down.

Meh, it was okay. I've heard people laughed their asses off, which I didn't really get- and I've heard people walked out 15 minutes in because they thought it was terrible, which I don't get either.

I still think of Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St James, though..

You're not the only one!

I've wanted to see this movie. It came out right around the time my brother was getting married. I was one of their bridesmaids, and it probably was the last wedding I'll ever be a bridesmaid in, so I just felt like I should have gone to see it. But with everything else going on around that time, I wasn't able to get a group together in time. One of these days I'll borrow it from the library.

Agreed!

I guess I just feel like everything was too over the top to be funny. Not many of the characters or their actions were very realistic, but also not zany enough to be super funny. It felt like everyone was just playing a "crazy character", which I guess they were?

Better late than never! I had heard how hilarious this movie was from tons of people. Boy, was I disappointed! It had some funny parts, but overall I wasted $5.00 renting it on OnDemand. I just don't get what people thought was so hilarious. I have friends who actually bought the movie because they AND their husbands love the movie so much. Whatever!

Archived