IGNORED

Jinder's Dresses: A Very Subjective Rundown/Review of all Duggar Wedding Gowns

Jinder Roles

1 hour ago, Letizia said:

Is this Lauren’s dress pre-alterations? 

https://www.justinalexander.com/en/justin-alexander/collection/wedding-dresses/8936/

If so I am so annoyed  that she cut those sleeves off. 

This one was posted on Pickles so I also checked it. But the neckline is also very different so then there would be so many alterations.

Could it be this but with sleeves added and the mesh made more modest? Maybe a mishmash with the long-sleeved dress? Justin Alexander #88024

Spoiler

image.png.97e2b0250c7043cdc326b2d5d37e913f.png

image.png.08066fdc747bd22ec0c3eff74ba387bd.png

I have a feeling either way it's Justin Alexander, the boutique in Arkansas sells them and the 2 styles are quite similar to Lauren's dress.

I also found this Rosa Clara one but I can't see the back, I don't think it's embellished:

Spoiler

image.png.d13d6d2e23f0102749ad41be69709480.png

@freethemall You’re close but I don’t think it’s either of those because the seams are different and it would be hella hard to lengthen a sleeve or train on a dress like that without obvious demarcations. 

It’s possible it’s a less known brand. I think the only thing they added was the embellishment on the back. What I can’t decide is if the back was sheer (illusion back) or not. 

I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Edited to say: upon a closer inspection I think @Letizia ‘s pick could be it. Idk for sure.

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 2

After seeing the first look at Josiah and Lauren's wedding, Lauren's dress is the new winner for me. It is modest, yet shows her shape beautifully. I wouldn't choose it for my own wedding (too plain and white), but it's beautiful on her. I wish she had done something different with her hair and her veil, as we lose so much beautiful back detail under all that hair, and the beading in the hair is hidden by the veil.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 7/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, Letizia said:

Is this Lauren’s dress pre-alterations? 

https://www.justinalexander.com/en/justin-alexander/collection/wedding-dresses/8936/

If so I am so annoyed  that she cut those sleeves off. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one. It's pretty obvious from the back view:

sdssd.thumb.png.adfb103771251b3eb79750a10a1fe5ad.pnglkjlkljjlk.thumb.png.30cebfb343be4b2cd0d4cf2e23352132.png

Re the wider neckline on the model, I think that they ordered a dress 1 or 2 sizes larger and pulled it up (easier to do once the sleeves were removed). And you can see at the top of the back where it's been altered. 

I also think they removed the lining and relined it with white rather than flesh toned fabric. And it looks like there's a second layer of lining under that. 

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Aww. I like it better with the bateau neck and the long sleeves! It's a shame to lose all those covered buttons on the forearms. At the same time, I can understand why somebody would choose to remove the sleeves for comfort reasons. I hate the feeling of long tight sleeves in a non-stretch fabric because it feels like I can't move freely. Plus it's summer.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

If that’s the dress, I think zi like it better with the alterations. At least with a very  young woman her size, The long sleeves would look a little too on-the-nose vestal virgin IMHO. And the very sheer back with the clean front looks too much like two entirely different dresses. Too MUCH solemn -ceremony in the front / party in the back. Probably the original  would come off drop-dead gorgeous for a winter wedding with a more mature woman who isn’t quite so petite though. Definitely an up-do for the sheer back version. 

Love, love, love the contrast with the very elegant, modern plain front, embellishment of the veil and fancy back the way she did it though. I think it managed to be modern, elegant, modest, good for summer and age appropriate.

Interesting pick of a designer - looking through the website, the dresses are heavily on the sexy side ! 

Edited by Mama Mia
Keep forgetting things !
  • Upvote 4

I keep trying to imagine how to improve the styling of Lauren's wedding look. If she had a severe updo (hair off the neck), she could probably still rock that fancy veil because the hair wouldn't be hiding the back detail on the dress. I could also see that dress looking good with a softer updo and a bird's nest veil. I like bird's nest veils. They've got a cool vintage feel to them.

Looking back at some of the other Duggar wedding dresses, I must say that the bridesmaid dresses Jessa chose do nothing for the colour of her gown. I love that she chose blush (in fact, I could see wearing a blush/rosegold wedding dress), but when she stands next to her bridesmaids it looks dull. I'm a fan of the coral colour of the dresses, but it's way too bright and distracting here. Also it looks like the bridesmaid dresses are coral, but the sashes on the flower girl dresses are more of a cool Magenta/Fuschia. Either way, too many clashing pinks.

In order to compliment Jessa's blush dress, I could see dressing the bridemaids in either a darker colour (ie Merlot, Burgundy, Navy), a medium-light cool pseudo neutral (somewhere between grey and blue), or possibly a sage/minty green (this could look a bit kitschy, but complimentary). I know a bride who wore a colourful floral gown, and dressed all of her bridesmaids in white. This would probably be too progressive for fundies, but it looked really good in pictures.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I kinda like Lauren’s dress. I also like the style of the bridesmaid dresses.

It’ll be interesting to see what Abbie wears, and who she has as bridesmaids. I’m guessing Jana will be one. 

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, neurogirl said:

So I am not a Duggar but a lot of people on this thread helped me with my wedding dress choice a few months ago and I just wanted to say thank you! My wedding was a month ago and we got the pictures back recently. I went with the more princess-y one and honestly could not have been happier. Though it was not form-fitting, it was still flattering to my figure (in this picture my waist is hidden by the bouquet but I did have a visible one!) and the overall look, and more importantly, day, was more than I ever dreamed. Thanks for being such a supportive community!

Hide contents

10213-1576120.thumb.jpg.45ff05661bd40ccafdc3448e5c027024.jpg

You look so beautiful!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 7/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

seeing the back of Lauren's dress I like it a lot more now. I mean it was fine before but too plain for me from the front. the back really adds to it. from watching the few clips and video's I have to think that Kendra and Joy were in the wedding party but Anna and Jill were not. I don't think the wedding parties have been released but one thing I really hated was the fact that Anna and Jana were the ones who made the dresses. Not like those two don't have enough on their plates lets add more. work. reminds me of how when Tori's flower girl dresses came in and it was realized that they were see through Kelly was just like oh Micheal can do it we'll put her to work when she gets here. all like it was funny which it was not. 

I like Lauren's dress but it would have been nicer if she had worn her hair up so you could appreciate the details of the back of it.   Why get a fancy backed dress if you are going to wear your hair down and have it covered?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@neurogirl What a beautiful picture! You are absolutely stunning! So happy you enjoyed your day, thanks for sharing!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

@neurogirl  I LOVE your dress!  You look so beautiful!  

Off topic:  I went to the link of Lauren's dress and LOL'D because the model looks like she has just about had it out of that flower in her hand.  Why is she glaring at it like that?

Anyway, I like Lauren's dress as she wore it.  Her hair though?  No.  It should have been an updo.  I also think she could have forgone the veil altogether.  Maybe a simple headband, or hair accessories.

I think her and Jinger's dresses are my favorites.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Iamtheway said:

You are also confirming my theory that people actually look like their avatars!

lololololol….yep, I look just as goofy as mine!

• Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic