IGNORED

They both can't be Fredo, can they? Junior and Eric

GreyhoundFan

With their dad as an example, who can blame them?

Trump’s Hotel Business is Struggling Under Don Jr. and Eric

With a steady conveyer belt of investigations and scandals plaguing the Trump administration in the White House, Donald Trump may be looking to other parts of his empire for comfort. He’s not likely to find that comfort in his hotel business. After handing over the Trump Organization to Don Jr. and Eric Trump, the once flourishing company has reportedly stalled out.

The Washington Post reported a spate of mishaps and calamities that have seen the company go south under the watch of Trump’s eldest sons.

One of the Trump Organization’s flagship projects, a launch of the company’s Scion luxury hotel chain in the Mississippi Delta, saw its opening delayed following changes to plans and budget overruns.

Elsewhere, the group lost its branding and management deals for hotels in Toronto, Panama, and New York City.

The chief executive of Trump hotels, Eric Danziger revealed that the company had 39 letters of intent for hotel projects across the country, including preliminary plans for the launch of the first two hotels of the American Idea chain.

However, like the Scion hotel in Cleveland, Mississippi which remains a year away from completion, the American Idea hotels are also running behind schedule.

The other 36 planned projects have “made no discernible progress”, the Washington Post notes.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

As the son of an immigrant, and the grandson of two others, is he admitting he's (at least) three-quarters animal then?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

As the son of an immigrant, and the grandson of two others, is he admitting he's (at least) three-quarters animal then?

Oh no he is full on animal

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Fredo gets to plead the fifth or talk some more bullschiff . 

This ought to be good

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Quesay needs to shut up: "Eric Trump takes aim at media, ‘incompetent’ lawmakers after reports of firings of undocumented workers at father’s golf club"

Spoiler

Eric Trump lashed out Monday at the media and called on Congress to fix the nation’s immigration laws following news reports that about a dozen longtime employees of one of his father’s golf clubs were recently fired because they are undocumented.

The crackdown at National Golf Club in Westchester County, N.Y., came amid the protracted partial government shutdown as the president was seeking funds for a border wall intended to keep out such immigrants.

The Washington Post broke the news on Saturday, and NBC News later followed up with a report.

In his tweets, Eric Trump, who, along with his brother, Donald Trump Jr., has day-to-day control of his father’s businesses, suggested the story was minor compared with other events in the world.

“To think that a dam broke in Brazil (with 37 fatalities & many missing), Venezuela is in shambles, and so much more, yet @NBCNews leads with another anti-Trump story (that among 10,000+ hospitality employees, a few admitted to giving fake IDs to gain unlawful employment), just shows how pathetic the #MSM has gotten,” Eric Trump wrote, using an abbreviation for mainstream media.

He then called on Congress to fix the country’s immigration laws.

“I must say, for me personally, this whole thing is truly heartbreaking,” Eric Trump wrote. “It demonstrates our immigration system is severely broken and needs to be fixed immediately. Congress, stop going to Hawaii on vacation and do your damn job!”

He did not spell out what fixes he would like to see.

Eric Trump later responded to a tweet from Kate Snow, a correspondent at NBC, who said on Twitter the fired golf course employees had told the network they wish they could come “out of the shadows.”

“Absolutely Kate - this why we need our incompetent ‘lawmakers’ to fix this broken (and very sad) system,” Eric Trump responded, adding: “#FixThis”

At the golf club in Westchester County, one of 16 owned by the president, workers were told Trump’s company had just audited their immigration documents — the same ones they had submitted years earlier — and found them to be fake.

Eric Trump did not respond to specific questions from The Post about how many undocumented workers had been fired at other Trump properties and whether the company had, in the past, made similar audits of its employees’ immigration paperwork.

He also did not answer whether executives had been aware that they employed undocumented workers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I'd be interested to know what kind of pay and benefits (if any) the undocumented workers were receiving, and if it was the same as the documented workers.

• I Agree 7

Just now, Dandruff said:

I'd be interested to know what kind of pay and benefits (if any) the undocumented workers were receiving, and if it was the same as the documented workers.

Pay? Benefits? They don't need either. I know for a fact there are 1,222,693,213 people I mean are saying 533,134,872,226,991 INFINITY numbers of people are coming into this country illegally just for the privilege of working for Trump.  They don't want pay or benefits... just knowing they are keeping his golden toilets clean is payment enough.

• Upvote 6

Quesay needs to STFU: "‘I want him to declare an emergency’: Eric Trump urges his father to use executive power to build a border wall"

Spoiler

In a Tuesday night interview on Fox News, Eric Trump said he wants his father, President Trump, to declare a national emergency to build a border wall if negotiations fall through with congressional Democrats. Sean Hannity, who reportedly has regular conversations with the president, responded that he believes Trump will do just that.

Sitting next to Hannity for a six-minute conversation, Eric Trump, executive vice president of the Trump Organization, blasted Democrats for fighting the president’s efforts to secure $5.7 billion in funding for a border wall, which was not part of last week’s bill to temporarily reopen the federal government after the longest shutdown in the nation’s history.

“One way or the other, he’s not giving up,” Hannity told Trump’s son. “He’s going to the mat.”

Eric Trump didn’t hesitate in offering his opinion.

“I want him to declare an emergency,” he said.

Hannity, arguably the president’s closest ally among conservative media personalities, was quick to agree.

“Oh, I think he will,” the Fox News host responded.

The statement from Eric Trump is just the latest indication that the president, citing “the security of our country,” could eventually declare a national emergency to build his wall, thus accomplishing a campaign promise that has shaped his presidency. But such a move worries Republicans in the Senate and would likely draw quick legal challenges from Democrats.

Eric Trump on Tuesday argued that his father agreed Friday to reopen the government in the hopes that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) were “actually being truthful” in wanting to strike an agreement on border security and “negotiate something that’s fair.”

“And honestly, if they don’t, declare the emergency and build the wall with the United States military because that’s what people in this country want," the president’s son declared. "And then redouble your efforts on legal immigration, get great people in this country because that’s what America wants and that’s what America needs.”

The interview came less than an hour after The Washington Post reported that the Trump Organization plans to institute a federal program allowing employers to verify whether new hires are legally eligible to work in the United States. The news came after The Post reported over the weekend that Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County, N.Y., had employed undocumented immigrants for years.

Hannity did not ask Eric Trump about either story Tuesday.

Trump’s son and Hannity spent most of the interview targeting the current Democratic presidential contenders, with the Fox News host saying that the primary has turned into a contest of “Who can be the most radical?”

“The Democrats are not the party of JFK,” said the president’s son. He later added: “They’ve become so radicalized, it’s not going to work. They’ve become crazy. The message doesn’t even make sense anymore. It’s almost an anti-American message.”

Hannity had a similar perspective. “It’s not the values that has grown us into the envy of the world,” the host said.

Eric Trump took specific aim at Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), the former prosecutor and attorney general of California now running for president, who tweeted Tuesday about how the families of federal workers and government contractors affected by the shutdown are still struggling to survive “because of this President’s vanity wall project.”

"You look at Kamala Harris — she always goes after ICE, she calls them the KKK,” Eric Trump said, referring to a question Harris asked Trump’s nominee to run U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Harris’s spokesman later told the Hill that the senator’s intent was not to compare the agency to the KKK.

Eric Trump also called Harris’s proposal to eliminate all private health insurance “so ridiculous.”

As he was about to shake Eric Trump’s hand, Hannity affirmed his belief that the president wouldn’t stop until he had his border wall.

“He’s the greatest guy in the world,” Eric Trump said. “I couldn’t be more proud of him.”

“Well, the country is doing a lot better, thank God,” Hannity answered.

To which the president’s son replied, “The country is doing incredible.”

• WTF 6

“I must say, for me personally, this whole thing is truly heartbreaking,” Eric Trump wrote. “It demonstrates our immigration system is severely broken and needs to be fixed immediately. Congress, stop going to Hawaii on vacation and do your damn job!”

He did not spell out what fixes he would like to see.

Eric also didn't specify what he found heartbreaking.  Just sayin'. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, Dandruff said:

Who can know for sure, but one thing is damned certain.  Those people were paying Federal (and probably state) income taxes.  Undocumented people pay taxes. Folks, They PAY TAXES.  At least some of them pay more taxes than wealthy people with tax accountants who manage to zero out their tax bill with loop holes and estate management. 

Texas does not have a state income tax; it's all sales tax.  Let's say someone waved an evil magic wand and removed all undocumented people from Texas.  The Texas economy would implode; state revenue would plummet, because you'd suddenly remove an incredible number of people who are paying taxes every time they buy anything, with the exception of most food. 

• Upvote 10

There's something this foreigner doesn't quite understand. We're talking about undocumented people. How are they undocumented? Is it because they are in the country illegally? If so, why is it that they are illegal? Is it because they surreptitiously entered the country and didn't apply for the necessary paperwork? Or is it because they came into the country but weren't deemed eligible for documented status?

In the first case, then their undocumented status could be remedied, and what I am about to say does not apply to them.

In the second case, this person is not a lawful resident of the US. That is not a good thing. That person has no business being in the country. If the laws are inhumane, or stupid, or obsolete, then the laws should change, but everybody should abide by the laws of the country. That means undocumented illegals should too.

Of course I'm not advocating suddenly deporting the truly illegal people. But we should remember that everyone has to live by the rules, regulations and laws of state and country. Either their status should become legal (by whichever means that is possible), or they really should be made to leave (if it turns out they have no chance of a legal status). You can't have one person (a legal resident) living by the rule of law, and another not having to because you feel sorry for them. To clarify, I am very much advocating equal rules for everyone. That is the only fair and just way to live, in my opinion. I don't care about one's background, where they were born, what color their skin has, which person they love, what gender they may have.

But I do care about equality for all. And that includes abiding by the laws of the country.

• Upvote 1

Dear Robert Mueller. I've tried to be a good GreyhoundFan. Would you please make my day week year by sending the FBI Tactical Team to arrest Junior tomorrow morning? It will be a Friday, after all. Then take away his phone so he can't tweet nonsense like this.

image.png.6b95d5f3ab7ce17f85a65237f4cc34db.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

"Speaks for itself and no one is at all surprised."

That's what I think following each Mueller indictment.  Hope you're up next, Junior.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Hope you're up next, Junior.

May Mueller hear this and grant younthis wish soon.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic