IGNORED

They both can't be Fredo, can they? Junior and Eric

GreyhoundFan

Junior is such a tool. I wonder if he's really related to Doug Phillips, who is also a tool.

• Upvote 5

On February 1, 2019 at 2:41 PM, Howl said:

Eric also didn't specify what he found heartbreaking.  Just sayin'. 

I kind of assumed his favorite side girl was one of those undocumented workers that was fired.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

MAGA hat wearing teenage school shooter in 3, 2, ...

I really hope no one pays attention to him, but really, telling kids that their teachers are losers and they need to "bring the fight" to their schools? When the kids most likely to pay attention to him are the ones with gun-loving parents? The kids most likely to have access to guns? When the base he is talking to is already (on average) on the less educated side, so their kids may already be climbing up the educational hill a little? How long before somebody "brings the fight" for real - against a hispanic student, or a gay student, or against the teachers, or the entire school? 

I'm pretty sure you can get prosecuted for falsely yelling "fire" in a crowded place, if it results in injuries. This dumbass may have just basically done the same thing.

• Upvote 13

"Trump’s company officially halts hotel expansion"

Spoiler

President Trump’s company officially shelved plans Friday to create two hotel chains aimed at reaching customers mostly in places where the president has become politically popular.

The president’s eldest sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, who took over the company when Trump entered the White House, cited political attacks and negative media coverage in announcing the decision.

The brothers announced plans for the two lower-cost chains in a reception at Trump Tower shortly after Trump took office. Since then, the company has come under near-constant scrutiny from ethics officials and congressional Democrats over its business practices. After initially saying the company had dozens of deals in the works, no hotels, under the chain names of Scion and American Idea, have opened.

“We live in a climate where everything will be used against us, whether by the fake news or by Democrats who are only interested in Presidential harassment and wasting everyone’s time,” Eric Trump said in a statement Friday.

The decision marked a first voluntary step back for the company since Trump took office.

When it launched the brands, the company announced that the first Scion and American Idea hotels would be in the Mississippi Delta, through a partnership with Mississippi businessman Dinesh Chawla and his brother, Suresh.

The Chawlas, owners of 18 hotels in the Gulf Coast region, are developing a 100-room hotel and conference center on 17 acres in Cleveland, Miss. The project is expected to cost the family more than $20 million and was to be the nation’s first Scion before the Trump Organization cut ties with the family this week.

Reached by phone, Dinesh Chawla declined to comment. But in a Friday afternoon Facebook post, he said the company was fine financially, that the project would proceed and that he remained friends with the Trumps.

“We were together for two years, but I learned so much from them,” Chawla wrote. “I’m sorry that they are not with us anymore legally, but we are partners of a different sort--spiritually on this project.”

In their statement, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump said they enjoyed working with the Chawlas and said “their hotel in Cleveland will be an absolutely spectacular project.”

In December, Dinesh Chawla said two of his family’s other Mississippi hotels, a Comfort Inn in Clarksdale and a Rodeway Inn in Greenville, were being renovated and were on pace to open this spring or summer as the country’s first American Idea hotels. It is not immediately known what will become of those projects.

With Trump in office, the Trump Organization agreed not to pursue any new foreign deals, canceling what the company says was “ ‘billions of dollars’ worth of projects.” The company also restricted who could invest in its properties and hired an outside ethics counsel to review any new projects that it was planning to pursue.

But because the president continues to hold a financial interest in the company, the Trump Organization has come under fire from critics charging that the company — and its expansion plans in particular — create conflicts of interest.

In two lawsuits wending their way through federal courts, the attorneys general of the District of Columbia and Maryland argue Trump is violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause, which bars gifts or payments from foreign or state governments.

Democrats on Capitol Hill are preparing a series of investigations into the president’s business, focused particularly on his D.C. hotel, which has benefited from spending by foreign governments and federal lobbyists.

Most recently, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) wrote to the Trump Organization demanding information about why T-Mobile executives had booked dozens of rooms at the Trump D.C. hotel after asking the Trump administration to approve a major merger.

With expansion made difficult, the Trump Organization has been left to defend its position in existing properties. The company lost branding and management deals for hotels in Toronto, Panama and New York. And owners of apartment and condominium complexes in New York have taken the Trump name down, saying the brand was hurting their property values.

In recent weeks, the company has been purging undocumented workers from the staffs of at least five of its golf properties.

Trump’s sons indicated they plan to restart their plans when their father leaves office.

“When politics are over, we will resume doing what we do best which is building the best and most luxurious properties in the world — the interest in the Trump brand has never been stronger,” Donald Trump Jr. said in the statement.

Hopefully both will be in prison "when politics are over", so the world won't be subjected to more of their properties.

• Upvote 7

"The Trump Organization’s latest wreck may be its most humiliating yet"

Spoiler

The adult sons of President Trump showed up at the State of the Union address Feb. 5 wearing beards worthy of the 19th century. Don Jr.’s was so dark and satiny it looked like a mink was dozing on his face; Eric’s gave him the tawny approachability of a gospel singer in Branson, Mo. (Son-in-law Jared Kushner can join the club when — if? — his peach fuzz sprouts.)

Why the new looks? Considering the trajectory of the family business they run, maybe the boys are trying to go incognito. Or maybe, like the hirsute Smith Brothers, they are hoping to diversify into cough drops. News goes from bad to worse for the Trump Organization, whose founder embarked on a novel brand-building exercise in 2015 — he called it “running for president” — and turned it into a 10-car pileup of canceled partnerships, red ink, government investigations and lawsuits.

The latest wreck may be the most humiliating so far. Citing the toxic political climate that has so unfairly attached to his race-baiting, conspiracy-mongering, dictator-coddling, deficit-spending dad, Eric Trump announced this week that the company is bailing out of its only active U.S. initiative — the un-Trumpian development of a few modest hotels in the eternally struggling Mississippi Delta.

Not that there’s anything wrong with limited ventures in scrappy communities. These projects, free now of unsightly presidential baggage, are admirable, and risky, efforts to build the local economies of places such as Cleveland and Greenville in the heart of historic blues country.

The Trump Organization’s erstwhile partners are brothers also, raised like the Trumps in an entrepreneurial family. Dinesh and Suresh Chawla were brought to the United States by their refugee father, and like many others in the Indian diaspora, the family plunged into the hard work of small-town hospitality. It’s a low-margin, labor-intensive, glitz-free line of honorable work, which has made some folks wonder how the Trumps stumbled into it.

As the younger Trumps explained shortly after Dad’s unplanned victory, the idea was to make some dough in regions of the country where the Trump name remained popular. At the time, residents of Trump-branded condos in New York were demanding the removal of the family name from their buildings, and partner hotels from SoHo to Toronto to Panama City to Rio de Janeiro were cutting loose from the man who got the world talking about “American carnage.”

Yet the boys steered clear of the Trump brand even in MAGA country. They chose the name “Scion” for their mid-market, boutique-style property in Cleveland, Miss., where Delta State University and a museum dedicated to the Grammys have not been enough to prevent a 20 percent decline in population since 1990. For their budget hotels, they dreamed up the name “American Idea.” Even so, the Trump connection evidently proved poisonous to their partnership with the Chawlas.

“We live in a climate where everything will be used against us, whether by the fake news or by Democrats who are only interested in Presidential harassment and wasting everyone’s time,” Eric Trump said in a prepared statement announcing the end of the family’s participation.

Hard data on the family-owned Trump Organization is difficult to come by — though congressional committees, federal prosecutors and citizen lawsuits are all ferreting furiously. By all accounts, the Trump International Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue is doing big business down the street from the Oval Office, catering to groups hopeful of impressing the president. But anecdotal evidence from elsewhere suggests a cloudy picture.

In Indonesia, where a local media mogul is building Trump-brand resorts on Java and Bali, the Muslim majority has been outraged by the president’s decision to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. “It’s becoming a political liability to have closer relations with Trump,” former Indonesian ambassador to the United States. Dino Djalal told Bloomberg Businessweek. In Scotland — his mother’s native country — Trump is wildly unpopular, which may explain why his golf development northwest of Aberdeen has been downscaled, and his resort at Turnberry is deep in the red.

“When politics are over, we will resume doing what we do best, which is building the best and most luxurious properties in the world,” Donald Trump Jr. said in a statement, adding that “the interest in the Trump brand has never been stronger.” But the interest that his father has stirred up is unlikely to settle any time soon.

President Trump has forever altered his brand. It no longer stands for luxury or opulence; it represents wedge issues and incitement. His daily assaults on his enemies, real and imagined, ensure that for Trump, politics will never be over. And for his heirs, business will never resume as before.

Days after the State of the Union, news broke that the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan — Donald Trump’s first real estate triumph — is headed for the scrap heap, set to be torn down. His empire may be bound in the same direction.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Fuck Fredo. With his rifle. Fucking asshole.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

No, Jr. is NOT a modern-day Teddy Roosevelt.  He is the anti-Roosevelt.  JFC.  Jr is an entitled trustafarian ass.  Teddy R spent most of his life in public service. 

• Invited Booker T. Washington to the WH, scandalous at the time
  • He was a trust-buster (Sherman Anti-Trust Act!)
  • Pro union/pro labor
  • Set aside 200 million acres for our enjoyment
  • Nobel Prize: helped end Russo-Japanese War
  • Started construction of the Panama Canal 
  • Conservationist who loved hunting

Jr.

• Works for Daddy's corrupt, failing bidnesses
  • Kills endangered animals for fun
  • Has semihot g-friend; ruined marriage (five kids)
  • Tweets crap that bites him in the ass
  • Meets with Russians

Am I leaving anything out? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

In his defense, he is very pro adoptions

That's a wonderfully droll post, as is your post that William Barr wants to spend more time with his family, which still makes me laugh every time I see it. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Oh, hell no! Rufus forbid.

Double, triple hell no. Wtf what qualifications does he have? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Seriously it's like he thinks the presidency will just be handed to him or that he wants to create an Trump dynasty. 

That is scary as f*ck.

Edited by WiseGirl
added text
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I would vote for the contents of my kitchen trash can before voting for any member of the Trump family.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I would vote for the contents of my kitchen trash can before voting for any member of the Trump family.

Voting for a Trump is voting for trash.

• I Agree 7

On 2/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Hopefully both will be in prison "when politics are over", so the world won't be subjected to more of their properties.

I wonder who will want to partner with or stay at Trump properties, given the antics and investigations, aside from some MAGA cronies and certain foreign governments.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder who will want to partner with or stay at Trump properties, given the antics and investigations, aside from some MAGA cronies and certain foreign governments.

When the family is all indicted those properties will most likely be confiscated by the government as part of their sentencing (like Manafort). 

• Upvote 5

I think Don jr is whistling in the wind. There is a distinct possibility he will be in jail by 2024 and even if he is not he will continue to be tainted by his and his fathers criminal acts.

• Upvote 5

I've been saying that all along.  Donald Jr in 2024, Ivana in 2032, Eric in 2040, and we'll see what happens after that. I can see the Trump faithful pushing this regime.

Yes, I do find this terrifying.

• Upvote 1

Don Jr: If we thought we got away with crimes they're not really crimes, amirite.

Law and order is a communist folly 

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • WTF 4

The beard isn't helping, we can still see his face.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

When the family is all indicted those properties will most likely be confiscated by the government as part of their sentencing (like Manafort). 

Sounds like some great additions to the national park system, to help counter a tiny fraction of the damage Trump has done to it!

• Upvote 3

Oh, Junior, even if you start sporting a ratty beard and lie in public just like daddy, he still won't think you're a man, much less treat you like one.

• Upvote 5

On 2/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Don Jr: If we thought we got away with crimes they're not really crimes, amirite.

Law and order is a communist folly 

Even the Fox news hosts were looking at him like he was spouting crazy. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic