IGNORED

DaddyofFive Youtube Vlogger Accused of Abuse

ViolaSebastian

The awful parents have put up an apology video. Ha bloody ha, far too late.

Apparently  so many people contacted CPS in their hometown area that the systems crashed. They are now in family therapy.

Sadly I don't believe the father is sorry for his actions, just that he has been called out.

Their Vlog site or whatever it was is down now.

He should be made to leave the family home until the whole disgusting mess is sorted out.

She definitely 'Feeds if him'. (In my non official opinion).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen something so sick in my life. It was slightly triggering for me as I grew up with a very verbally abusive father. Please, if there is a God, let these kids find peace. That father AND the mother are disgusting excuses for human beings. There is a special place in hell for them. 

Even if they are "just pranks" (which I really don't see--to me it's just an excuse for the whole family to pile on Cody, who always seems to bear the brunt...), a reaction such as "oh no, there's ink on the carpet!" is much more reasonable than "you little piece of shit, what the fuck did you do?"  One is a "prank," where a kid doesn't appear to fear for his safety. The other is verbal abuse, whether the "pranksters" meant it in jest or seriously. Also, the punch line to a "prank" comes quickly after the set up, or immediately if the pranked person is upset. 

They now have a PR person trying to make things appear better, a family therapist and. Life coach.

It seems that Cody and his sister have a different mum. Only three children belong to that dreadful excuse for a mother married to the total waste of skin father.

That's telling. Cody bore the brunt of everything. The daughter is slapped by her stepbrother.

Shades of evil stepmother here.

Wonder how that father got custody of Cody and his Sister?

The only thing that asshole is sorry about is that he was called out on his abuse, and is facing a CPS investigation.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Wonder how that father got custody of Cody and his Sister?

check this video out to know why and let me tell you it is really fucked up reason (but not nearly as bad as this abusive monster who likes to call himself "dad). I literally dropped my jaws 

btw you wanna know who's own shangri-la is maryland ? answer in the spoiler

Spoiler

narcist moron pearl 

Now that the abuse is out there, and the step mother has been heard saying these things about Cody, WHO is going to help these children???????? 

Are CPS seriously going to just stand back, wring their hands and say nothing we can do nothing duh????????

Who will be responsible when that child is killed??????

The same usual excuses : we didn't know, not under our jurisdiction. Every single time a child is killed in the UK this happens. Lessons will be learned  yadda yadda yadda. I suspect it's the same in the USA??

Horrible parents, I don't have my kids yet but I know that is not good parenting that is abuse and bullying. They have singled out Cody for bullying and if he is already self harming he needs help not ridicule from the people that are supposed to protect him.

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Now that the abuse is out there, and the step mother has been heard saying these things about Cody, WHO is going to help these children???????? 

Are CPS seriously going to just stand back, wring their hands and say nothing we can do nothing duh????????

Who will be responsible when that child is killed??????

The same usual excuses : we didn't know, not under our jurisdiction. Every single time a child is killed in the UK this happens. Lessons will be learned  yadda yadda yadda. I suspect it's the same in the USA??

CPS and law enforcement could do nothing until 1) they were made aware of the videos and 2) a complaint was filed. This uproar only erupted relatively recently when prominent Youtubers reached out to them and investigations are ongoing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/04/25/the-saga-of-a-youtube-family-who-pulled-disturbing-pranks-on-their-own-kids/

It appears Baltimore Police are currently investigating to determine jurisdiction. I don't expect for them, or CPS, to publicly comment much due to the childrens' right to privacy.

Again, this uproar is very recent. Meaning that law enforcement has not had any chance to really investigate anything yet. CPS has many issues and is absolutely far from perfect, but I think they should be allowed at least a chance to look into things before we jump on them.

21 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Could you keep us up to date with the case? It probably won't be mentioned over here in the UK.

If I remember or have time. No guarantees. 

Heres another article:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bs-fe-daddyofive-michael-heather-martin-issue-apology-youtube-20170424-story,amp.html

Parents wouldn't confirm if CPS had contacted them. They did say they hadn't heard from Police at that time (that could have changed since the article is from Monday.) Police confirmed the investigation was ongoing and that they're working hard to view the videos (made tougher since many were deleted from the account) and to determine jurisdiction. Once jurisdiction is figured out Police can then move forward in determining whether any crimes occurred and, if so, what charges to bring.

Seems pretty standard so far. Just have to wait and see now.

I'm speechless. It just went on and on. The mom is just as bad. It's clear they don't think they did anything wrong. They are upset because they are getting death threats but don't seem to see what pain they caused those kids. Hey the death threats are just a joke guys lighten up can't you take a joke?

I can't watch the videos or I won't sleep for a week. I did watch part of the video that @tsukinokawa posted, which shows a clip of poor little Cody being slammed on the ground--it broke my heart!! Shades of that horrible, awful "hot sauce/cold shower mom" video that a friend shared on FB a while back.*

*If you aren't familiar-- please take me at my word and DO NOT go looking for this video! Your blood will run cold. And the poor child is still in the home with the offending mom! :censored: :shocked: :bangheaddesk:

So the bio mother of the two kids has reported the videos already last October and nothing happened? And now only because of the media attention there's another investigation? I'm disturbed.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:59 PM, VelociRapture said:

If I remember or have time. No guarantees. 

Heres another article:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bs-fe-daddyofive-michael-heather-martin-issue-apology-youtube-20170424-story,amp.html

Parents wouldn't confirm if CPS had contacted them. They did say they hadn't heard from Police at that time (that could have changed since the article is from Monday.) Police confirmed the investigation was ongoing and that they're working hard to view the videos (made tougher since many were deleted from the account) and to determine jurisdiction. Once jurisdiction is figured out Police can then move forward in determining whether any crimes occurred and, if so, what charges to bring.

Seems pretty standard so far. Just have to wait and see now.

Her words are so carefully chosen. 'I see how we appear to outsiders.' 'They appear horrible because you are horrible. I wonder what neighbors and teachers think now.

I hate these people. I don't use that word often, but I hate them.

Good grief. I've been thinking about this all day, then spent some time reading up on them and looking at videos. It just gets worse and worse. I also assumed the step mom maybe was a victim who sort of went along with it. Holy shit she is just as bad, if not worse. I swear the only reason she wanted custody of those two is so they didn't have to pay child support. 

I'm cautious about believing the bio mom's version of how she lost her kids. I'm sure it's at least partially true. That judge needs to be looked at. The mom showed documents showing she filed a complaint about the videos last October and it was decided it was only corporal punishment. Big fail. Also Cody has bruises in every episode.

18 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

The mom showed documents showing she filed a complaint about the videos last October and it was decided it was only corporal punishment. Big fail. Also Cody has bruises in every episode.

This is serious. Whatever authority after being informed of this seven months ago decided that doing nothing was the appropriate response needs to be investigated asap. I mean WTF?

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of abusive behaviour towards children that is tolerated in our society.

43 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

This is serious. Whatever authority after being informed of this seven months ago decided that doing nothing was the appropriate response needs to be investigated asap. I mean WTF?

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of abusive behaviour towards children that is tolerated in our society.

The screaming and berating just goes on and on. My husband can have a dark sense of humor, I showed him the ink on the floor video without mentioning the controversy around it. The second the mom started screaming and swearing he looked at me like "why are you showing me this?" Cody's pure angst when he sees the ink upset him and he stopped watching it. His exact words were "why the f*ck would anyone watch that?" It's just so sick. I am astounded.

Considering that according to an article linked above they put together material for 300 videos everyday life in that home must be like hell. It's not just some episodes out of the blue. And there aren't only pranks that they can claim are staged and the children may know it, the self harming vid is very much a vlog. The confusion among what's real and what's not, what's staged and what's not, it's the perfect environment for abuse and gaslighting.

I was shocked by the girl's terrified behaviour when he asked her for the chart and she couldn't find it. She was scared shitless, it hurt to watch it. And that wasn't even the beginning.

I can't watch any of the videos but my heart breaks for Cody based on what previous posters have said. It is so disturbing that these people thought it was a good idea to not only treat children like this but put it on the internet for the world to see.  Horrifying that making it public might turn out to be the kids' salvation, and ticket out of this hell.

19 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I was shocked by the girl's terrified behaviour when he asked her for the chart and she couldn't find it. She was scared shitless, it hurt to watch it. And that wasn't even the beginning.

This struck me too. My kindergartner has to bring home a chart every day too. Once in a while she forgets it. My response is typically, "*sigh* OK, did you have a good day? Try to remember it tomorrow." The sigh is the extent of my exasperation. She is never at any point concerned that I might be upset with her, much less the verging on hysteria from fear that this poor girl was exhibiting.

On 4/29/2017 at 9:43 PM, CrazyLurkerLady said:

This struck me too. My kindergartner has to bring home a chart every day too. Once in a while she forgets it. My response is typically, "*sigh* OK, did you have a good day? Try to remember it tomorrow." The sigh is the extent of my exasperation. She is never at any point concerned that I might be upset with her, much less the verging on hysteria from fear that this poor girl was exhibiting.

I have a kid that forgets everything at school too. It's frustrating. Instead of going apeshit on my kid, I give a consequence, like no computer time for that day....(she's in fith grade) It seems to be effective because it happens less and less.

That whole ink on the carpet prank really upsets me. That monster of a woman explains that Cody did once get ink on the carpet and she had to pay someone to come clean it. Almost as if it was a punishment. I wonder what they did to him when he actually did get ink on the carpet. 

Lastly, for now anyway, it seems like the head of the PR firm they hired is a retired police officer and former chief of staff for the Baltimore police department. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

There is a video of the bio Mom saying she has emergency custody of them. 

The mother says in that video that the step-mother and father told Emma and Cody that their mother didn't love them anymore. Gosh, just when I think that couple couldn't get any more repugnant. 

Archived