IGNORED

It's a slow day and I need a good dose of crazy...

MaroonMandy

Interesting to be so judgmental about someone adopting a child. I've always viewed it as a win-win situation. I wonder how it personally affects her that my youngest sister is adopted or why she would pull her kids out of my stepfather's class because of it.

Who is Zoebird?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zoebird! That was her. She was also the one that gave all the grandparents a hippy book about raising childhood and then made sit through a workshop on it over Thanksgiving dinner or risk being cut off from Hawk. And didn't she leave gift of spoons for the gnomes or something around the house because they spoke to her and said they like spoons.

Interesting to be so judgmental about someone adopting a child. I've always viewed it as a win-win situation. I wonder how it personally affects her that my youngest sister is adopted or why she would pull her kids out of my stepfather's class because of it.

Who is Zoebird?

Zoebird is awesome. You must go read her :lol:

I haven't read anti-adoption lady in a long time. IIRC, she adopted two girls and regretted it. So now, she's anti-adoption and doesn't let the girls call her "Mom."

Jess is a friend of mine. We've known each other 16 years. She is NOT anti-abortion, she is anti-adoption. What is MDC?

Nell

How does that work out? Don't you have adopted children...or am I confusing you with someone else?

Yes I remember the anti-adoption lady. Wasn't she the one who said kids were better off being killed by their parents than adopted? Anyone remember the lady who said her face was burned, her nose fell off, and then she glued it back on and healed with no scars with breastmilk? MDC has the best crazy people.

ETA: And then there was the Catholic, quiverfull homeschooling mom who lived in her parent's basement, her husband pretty much hated her and didn't want anymore kids, she kept trying to get pregnant. And then to top it all off she decided to "adopt" some random teenager she met on x-box live. She worshipped the ground the Duggars walked on.

Yes I remember the anti-adoption lady. Wasn't she the one who said kids were better off being killed by their parents than adopted? Anyone remember the lady who said her face was burned, her nose fell off, and then she glued it back on and healed with no scars with breastmilk? MDC has the best crazy people.

Yeah, Jessie27483429 or whatever those numbers after her name were said that.

And MamaInTheBoonies, I think that was the breastmilk-for-her-fallen-off-nose poster! She was also the one who had been shot, stabbed, fallen out of a second-story window (something like that, anyway), and she healed everything with breastmilk. MDC (Mothering.com, for those of you who aren't in the know. Used to be a crunchy, organic, hippy-type magazine about natural living. The magazine folded last year, but the online forums live on, and they've long been filled with the craziest of the crazy) is chock full o'nuts.

The best thing about MDC is how you get the crunchy hippies mixed with the fundies. Whoa nelly do they have some heated discussions. And then there are the kinda liberal attachment parents like me who are afraid to post anymore.

I haven't read anti-adoption lady in a long time. IIRC, she adopted two girls and regretted it. So now, she's anti-adoption and doesn't let the girls call her "Mom."

No, Jess DelBalzo has never adopted and actually has no real life relationship to adoption. She became anti adoption in high school after adoption was part of some soap opera. Jess and I go way back to 1995. She has 2 children, a daughter and a son. I think she's a great mom.

Nell

Mamaintheboonies, I kept thinking MountainMama, but I knew that wasn't right. I haven't been on in a long time. I had no idea the magazine folded. I remember Jessiewhatevernumbers, coming onto every thread about a movie that had Angelina Jolie in it and talking about how she boycotted her movies because she did the evil thing of adopting children. And she took her kids to protest adoptions. I always felt sorry for her kids, she seemed super crazy and not in a good way.

How does that work out? Don't you have adopted children...or am I confusing you with someone else?

Yes, my 3 adult children are all adopted. I used to run the AOL Adoption Forum, which is where I first encountered Jess. We have become more or less friends despite my status as an evil adopter and hers as a very pro-abortion person.

Nell

And she took her kids to protest adoptions. I always felt sorry for her kids, she seemed super crazy and not in a good way.

I don't think Jess is crazy. She's actually a good Mom though her style is certainly different from mine. I don't like any parent taking their kids to protests, including all the fundies taking their kids to abortion clinics to protest. Jess doesn't do as much of that anymore. She's busy being a working, single mom.

Nell

Jess DelBalzo is a whole 'nother realm of teh crazy. Whoa. It's like she believes there's some massive underground movement to "steal" babies from their parents and put them up for adoption (well, maybe in the past with the pregnant teens being sent away). I think she is crazy, read some of her rants.

"God gave us this baby and we don't want to share it." Well, that's all fine and good, but seriously lady, no one wants to take that baby from you.

We all have different ideas for crazy. Going around saying that parents should get to kill their babies after they are born instead of giving them up for adoption firmly puts somebody in the crazy category for me. She also took her four year old to see Saw, I don't care what anybody says, that is not an appropriate movie for a four year old.

Jess DelBalzo is a whole 'nother realm of teh crazy. Whoa. It's like she believes there's some massive underground movement to "steal" babies from their parents and put them up for adoption (well, maybe in the past with the pregnant teens being sent away). I think she is crazy, read some of her rants.

"God gave us this baby and we don't want to share it." Well, that's all fine and good, but seriously lady, no one wants to take that baby from you.

I don't understand her being anti-adoption.So the 14 year old kid I know who knocked up his GF should have kept the baby instead of giving it to 2 adults who wanted a baby? 8th graders? REALLY? How exactly would they do this as they aren't old enough to work,drive quit school or obviously put on a condom ?

This lady is sounding more and more familiar. Did she have a crazy, anti-adoption website? I remember being pissed off at her.

Adoption is amazing. She does not have an adoptee in her close family so she just does not have the same experience with adoption that I have.

I don't understand her being anti-adoption.So the 14 year old kid I know who knocked up his GF should have kept the baby instead of giving it to 2 adults who wanted a baby? 8th graders? REALLY? How exactly would they do this as they aren't old enough to work,drive quit school or obviously put on a condom ?

If they don't want it and can't care for it, then they should just get to kill it. Being dead is way better than being adopted. :roll:

No, Jess DelBalzo has never adopted and actually has no real life relationship to adoption. She became anti adoption in high school after adoption was part of some soap opera. Jess and I go way back to 1995. She has 2 children, a daughter and a son. I think she's a great mom.

Nell

Is this your friend? I'm just asking because she wrote this in 2005, which would have made her 15 years old in 1995.

My name is Jessica DelBalzo, and I am a 25 year old mother-writer-activist from Flemington, New Jersey. I am the founder of Adoption: Legalized Lies, a non-profit organization devoted to the abolition of adoption and the preservation of natural families.

http://mamaagainstadoption.bravejournal.com/

I sure hope we don't attract the anti-adoption folks over here. Remember that one nutjob who insisted that people shouldn't adopt out of their own race? At least I think that's what he was talking about, he didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Graveyard Dirt seems like the run-of-the-mill magic practitioner/poser. I encountered a bunch of people like her back when I practiced. And you can pretty much count on the fact that the more a witch (or whatever they choose to call themselves) tries to get attention, the less real they are. The more serious practitioners keep a low profile. I know the bones and menstrual blood thing stuff is weird, but it's relatively common to use them in rituals. But I'd say this woman talks about them so much because she wants to appear shocking. Ho-Hum.

She also took her four year old to see Saw, I don't care what anybody says, that is not an appropriate movie for a four year old.

I've had that discussion with her too. She really doesn't get that children are not miniature adults. They don't have the same reasoning skills. They are very concrete thinkers, they can't yet distinguish reality from make believe. She thinks her kids can see any movie she deems OK even when it's R rated. She also has explained what abortion is to them and they know she's had one. I think her kids are too young to really understand what an abortion is.

She's trying so hard to be the anarchist she thinks she is. Her mother is a Montessori teacher and I'm sure she must cringe over some of the things Jess exposes her kids to.

Nell

Hey, since we're on the topic of witches and MDC, does anyone else remember Anna/Nayla? She posted as Nayla, then as TheGlimmering, then as AnnaArcturus and finally as guestmama9910? She was fundie, then a Leni Lenapi shaman, then a kitchen witch, and then the avatar/high priestess of a Celtic bear goddess, and then a druid, and finally Episcopalian? She and her husband attempted polyamory but it didn't go well? She claimed she was a genius at parenting because she believed her infant daughter was starting to walk and read at the age of two months? The baby slept in a cardboard box for a while because they weren't going to waste space and money on unnecessary things like cribs?

Sadly, she was prone to flounces wherein she would delete all the crazy, but I was wondering if anyone else had fond memories of that particular trainwreck.

Archived