IGNORED

What do Christians who are not fundy/conservative look like?

nolongerIFBx

Like me! I'm 30, have been married for 6 years, and we have a 1 year old daughter with no plans to try for another baby until closer to her 2nd birthday. We hope to have three kids. My husband and I both work full time and our daughter is in daycare, although once our kids are in school I plan to work part time in order to be available (and reduce our bill for before/after school care!). I'm wrapping up my second master's degree via night classes and my husband plans to go to grad school part time in the next few years, once he decides what he wants to study. We've got an average house with a nice hardwood floor. ;) Politically we're moderate to conservative on fiscal issues but are fairly socially liberal.

We belong to a mainline Protestant congregation (ELCA) and we go to church most Sundays but don't stress over missing it if someone is cranky/tired/sick. I do some knitting for our church's Cozy Covers ministry (knitting and crocheting items like hats, mittens, blankets for those in need) but that's about our only involvement aside from attending services. Our offering makes for a nice little tax deduction but we don't come remotely close to tithing. No one at church has ever tried to tell us how many kids we should have, how our family should be structured, how to handle our money, or how to vote. We pray, we believe, but we don't push our faith on anyone.

Archived