IGNORED

3 Trump: Parables, Politics, Panic

SpoonfulOSugar

Donald Trump's triumphant procession toward Inauguration Day continues . . . 

in his own feeble mind.

In the real world, the Trump/Clinton polling is closer than many would like.

Trump gave a really rambling interview to the Washington Post (what's new.)

Multiple media sources are reporting panic in the Republican National leadership.

Politics are dissolving friendships.  (That is sad. :( )

And Huffington Post has this to say:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ― 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ― from entering the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katrina-pierson-cnn-obama-khan_us_57a14823e4b0693164c337fb?

Three Trump:  the evangelicals' choice.  *sigh*

OH!  Last page of the previous thread:

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both candidates are now eligible to receive classified briefings. At a rally today, Trump bragged about details from a video he says he watched as part of the briefings: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-iran-intelligence-briefing_us_57a26249e4b04414d1f370b9?section=&

What the ever loving fuck is wrong with that man. 

29 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Both candidates are now eligible to receive classified briefings. At a rally today, Trump bragged about details from a video he says he watched as part of the briefings: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-iran-intelligence-briefing_us_57a26249e4b04414d1f370b9?section=&

Dammit! I've been reading for months that people were afraid he'd do something like this once he was able to receive the briefings. Please tell me that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence knew that this might happen, and fed him some false information as a test. Please? :pray:

56 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Uh...I have questions. Doesn't he want Hillary in jail for making mistakes with classified info?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/03/donald-trump-has-a-secret-state-strategy-that-you-cant-know-about/#annotations:10191614

Thanks to @SpoonfulOSugar for passing me this. Jesus, this man is a clusterfuck. I don't know why i am OMFG appalled at him thinking Heidi Cruz had to be taken out of the building for her safety was funny, but I am. I mean, we know he's an asshole, I don't know why this specific thing is pissing me off so badly.

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Doesn't he want Hillary in jail for making mistakes with classified info?

That's different.

He's smart.  Very, very smart.

He can do things that she can't.

He knows what he is doing.

He is very capable.  He's intelligent.  He has energy.

She's crooked.  And the devil.  And I believe she caused ISIS.

And she eats puppies and small children.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm quoting myself again. Sorry. 

The article in the link has an update with speculation about some video that aired on FoxNews that Trump might be talking about. But the details of the video don't match up to what Trump described. Trump's campaign has not responded to clear things up. 

So it's either 1) Trump is incorrectly describing a video from FoxNews and lying about it being secret information (I'm not clear on what the point of that would be or 2) lying about the entire thing (again, I'm not clear on what the point of that would be) or 3) sharing classified information (I can't figure out why anyone would do that either.) 

So to summarize: Trump is an idiot. With the maturity of a three-year-old. And he's possibly mentally ill as well. 

@VelociRapture I am sorry to hear about your friendship. It is sad that this election cycle has come to this type of things happening. Please try not to beat yourself up. You are doing the right thing here by standing with your family. You voiced your concern. If your friend outed herself publicly as a Trump supporter, that is on her. If she took it so personal, maybe you hit a nerve and she saw something in herself she did not like. Whatever it is, I truly hope she opens her heart and mind and realizes Trump is no good for any of us. 

Speaking personally here, I am at the point where I just don't care if people get pissy with me in regards to Trump and my stance on him. Trump has made it very clear what he thinks about immigrants. I have no desire to associate with people that hold those same views and think my family is less than. If they had their way, we would not be allowed to be here. We are good and decent people. We worked very hard for what we have and gladly give to others because we are in a position were we can. Of course I always get the response of, "Well, not your type of immigrants" when I remind them of my family. They have no idea just how racist their stance truly is. It hurts. It hurts bad. And I have been so disgusted and really sad seeing people we truly care about not really feel the same about us once the curtain is pulled back. I just can't be around people that hold those views. We could never get on board with bigotry, racism, homophobia, misogyny and xenophobia. Those are not our family values. 

@Mecca: I'm so sorry. This election is really showing the ugliness that lurks inside of some people. And it's a really sad, frustrating and horrible thing to witness. 

I don't think we could make up this kind of material if we tried. I really wish this were a movie. It would be hilarious if this were a movie. Instead, I fear for my children's future if he gets elected.

48 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

@Mecca: I'm so sorry. This election is really showing the ugliness that lurks inside of some people. And it's a really sad, frustrating and horrible thing to witness. 

Thank you. :tw_heart:

I just keep telling myself when I get really sad about it all that there are good people in the world, like all of you on here, and I need to focus on the good people.

Kurt Eichenwald has an article in Newsweek that highlights what a liar Trump is and his business failures. This should blow Trump's hair piece up something crazy. Watch out Twitter. His fingers will be smoking shortly. 

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

The article in the link has an update with speculation about some video that aired on FoxNews that Trump might be talking about. But the details of the video don't match up to what Trump described. Trump's campaign has not responded to clear things up. 

So it's either 1) Trump is incorrectly describing a video from FoxNews and lying about it being secret information (I'm not clear on what the point of that would be or 2) lying about the entire thing (again, I'm not clear on what the point of that would be) or 3) sharing classified information (I can't figure out why anyone would do that either.) 

So to summarize: Trump is an idiot. With the maturity of a three-year-old. And he's possibly mentally ill as well. 

My guesses about Trump's thinking, in response to your points above:

1) I have a secret! I'm better than you because I know something you don't! I'm super-duper smart and special!

2) Obama did A Really Bad Thing and here are all the details. What, you say it didn't really happen? Well, I'm sure he would have done it if he could have!

3) If I know something, why can't I say it?

Your summary is right on target.

After the massive bout of nausea after watching this video, my eyes began to fill with tears....and not in a good way. I can't believe this is what it has all come down to.

This is a video from the New York Times were journalist went into the crowd to document the things they were hearing and seeing at Trump rallies for the past year.

**BEWARE: Video contains strong and disturbing language.**

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/donald-trump-supporters.html?_r=0

4 hours ago, Mecca said:

We are good and decent people. We worked very hard for what we have and gladly give to others because we are in a position were we can. Of course I always get the response of, "Well, not your type of immigrants" when I remind them of my family. They have no idea just how racist their stance truly is. It hurts. It hurts bad.

I am always stunned that *anyone* in the US still hears this.   I am sorry you are dealing with this.

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

After the massive bout of nausea after watching this video, my eyes began to fill with tears....and not in a good way. I can't believe this is what it has all come down to.

This is a video from the New York Times were journalist went into the crowd to document the things they were hearing and seeing at Trump rallies for the past year.

**BEWARE: Video contains strong and disturbing language.**

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/donald-trump-supporters.html?_r=0

@Mecca, I'm so sorry that this video upset you, and that people are being such jerks to you and your family. I hate this. I really, really hate that this is where we are at this moment in time. :pb_sad:

Dear Trump supporters:

Once again, thank you so much for being a bunch of slack-jawed idiots who can find nothing better to do with their time than spend their days hating on immigrants, shouting profanity, and cheering at an immature, bigoted, thin-skinned, philandering, misogynistic, braggart, with an orange Tribble glued to his head. Your words and actions disgust me, and I'm embarrassed to share this country with revolting trash like you.

Can you tell that I'm really tired of these people and their stupid tinpot dictator?

Ok guys, as some of you are clearly (and justly) upset with how things are going right now, I thought I'd lighten the mood a bit. It's all just a prank you know! 

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

@VelociRapture I am sorry to hear about your friendship. It is sad that this election cycle has come to this type of things happening. Please try not to beat yourself up. You are doing the right thing here by standing with your family. You voiced your concern. If your friend outed herself publicly as a Trump supporter, that is on her. If she took it so personal, maybe you hit a nerve and she saw something in herself she did not like. Whatever it is, I truly hope she opens her heart and mind and realizes Trump is no good for any of us. 

Speaking personally here, I am at the point where I just don't care if people get pissy with me in regards to Trump and my stance on him. Trump has made it very clear what he thinks about immigrants. I have no desire to associate with people that hold those same views and think my family is less than. If they had their way, we would not be allowed to be here. We are good and decent people. We worked very hard for what we have and gladly give to others because we are in a position were we can. Of course I always get the response of, "Well, not your type of immigrants" when I remind them of my family. They have no idea just how racist their stance truly is. It hurts. It hurts bad. And I have been so disgusted and really sad seeing people we truly care about not really feel the same about us once the curtain is pulled back. I just can't be around people that hold those views. We could never get on board with bigotry, racism, homophobia, misogyny and xenophobia. Those are not our family values. 

Thanks Mecca. I've had a lot of people support me with this and that means a lot - but that doesn't make it any easier. My husband is really proud of me for standing by my beliefs. Mom is too - she reminded me I did nothing wrong because I never accused them specifically in my original post. They just assumed. My brother had me add two of his friends on Facebook because they post stuff about advocacy and dogs. I love them already and want to adopt them as honorary brothers. :pb_lol:

And my big sister tagged me in a post she made that featured a quote about Neville Longbottom (the one where Dumbledore says it takes courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.) She said I'm the most badass woman she knows. She also tagged me in a video of my nephew where every time she asks if he loves Auntie Raptor he immediately makes an adorable noise. Those two posts almost made me cry because it was such a nice show of support - and these former friends would have seen it last night before I unfriended them this morning (I also dumped them from Instagram and blocked their phone numbers too.)

Former best friend responded angrily again to the two final texts I sent last night. She got the last word in, but at least my last word was mature and civil compared to her. I basically told her not to expect to hear from me again because I wasn't going to prioritize a friendship with someone that supports politicians who want to strip my brother of his rights. And that I sincerely wish her and her family well.

And look, I get it. No one likes being accused of the things I said, especially so publicly. But there comes a point where you are the company you keep. If you keep supporting Trump now you are going to have people questioning you and your motives and beliefs. Even people you count as family or friends. Either you accept that like a mature adult or you don't.

Like I said, it's been a long time coming. She and the other two have always said stuff that has made us uncomfortable. This isn't the first time we've seen their ugly political sides, but it is the first time I called them out on it and didn't back down an inch. If they can't deal with that then it's their problem not mine.

@fraurosena, that video is brilliant and for a time I thought that Trump was only exercising his ego and NEVER expected to win the nomination.

I was chatting with a friend at lunch on Saturday about Trump.  It occurred to me in that moment that being bat-sh*t crazy (or crazy as a sh*t house rat, your choice) is a strategy in itself.   It scares everyone, friend and foe alike, keeps everyone off balance, and is a form of absolute control over everyone.   Not an original strategy when you review world history, but brutally effective.  

When Trump was originally coming to prominence, it pissed me off how major media allowed him to suck the air out of the room.   Every single comment was breathlessly reported, at the expense of every other candidate.  They acted like the guy farted unicorns, and IMHO is one of the main reasons he's currently a presidential candidate. 

Now, they are STILL breathlessly reporting everything he says at the expense of the other candidate, but now it's all bad.  I'm amazed at the number of people the Trump campaign trots out for damage control.  All they can do is try to stay on message (Hillary bad).  Really, that's it.  Or, yes, Trump DID apologize!  Yes, he did, he really did.  

The sad part is that the true issues in the campaign are STILL not under discussion and likely won't be.  

Donald Trump is truly an awful human being.  I've been a Hillary watcher for many, many years, and my first impression of her is that she is an extremely shrewd woman of absolutely formidable intelligence; this impression has not changed over the years.  We all know how these characteristics are valued  in a man and despised in a woman.

The implosion of the GOP is interesting to watch; looks like there is visceral terror that he's lost the presidency and many, many other GOP races as collateral damage. 

Here's your polling round up for this morning: 

Trump's electoral map is shrinking: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/colorado-trump-shrinking-electoral-map-226653

Clinton's ahead of Trump by 6 points in Florida: 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/poll-clinton-leads-trump-by-6-in-florida-226673

Clinton has a 15 point lead in New Hampshire, an 11 point lead in Pennsylvania, and a 9 point lead in Michigan: 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politics/clinton-leads-trump-three-states/index.html

According to a FoxNews poll, 7 in 10 Americans think Trump stepped over the line with his attacks on the Kahn family: 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/poll-donald-trump-khan_us_57a2afe0e4b04414d1f38d7a

Thanks for the update, @RoseWilder 

Fortunately, Trump seems incapable of being "managed" by his handlers, and the true extent of the crazy is becoming more apparent by the day.   His handling of the  crying baby at one of his rallies is even more telling, to me.  It was extremely creepy.  

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

<snipped>

And look, I get it. No one likes being accused of the things I said, especially so publicly. But there comes a point where you are the company you keep. If you keep supporting Trump now you are going to have people questioning you and your motives and beliefs. Even people you count as family or friends. Either you accept that like a mature adult or you don't.

Sorry you went through that unpleasantness.  Some years ago, when the Tea Party stuff was starting up and gaining popularity, I had a couple of FB friends (former good friends from high school) who were all gung ho tea partiers.  I didn't say anything directly, but I did unfriend them.  I just don't want to see that sort of crap on my FB feed.  I also have no time for people who want to deny rights to others based on their skin color, their sexuality, their religion, or any other reason.  The final straw for me with Trump and any who still support him, is his attack on the Khan parents.  Anyone who still supports that POS after those remarks deserves contempt and dis-friending.

Clint Eastwood is sad because racism is called racist now : 

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a46893/double-trouble-clint-and-scott-eastwood/

ESQ: Your characters have become touchstones in the culture, whether it's Reagan invoking "Make my day" or now Trump … I swear he's even practiced your scowl.

CE: Maybe. But he's onto something, because secretly everybody's getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That's the kiss-ass generation we're in right now. We're really in a pussy generation. Everybody's walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren't called racist. And then when I did Gran Torino, even my associate said, "This is a really good script, but it's politically incorrect." And I said, "Good. Let me read it tonight." The next morning, I came in and I threw it on his desk and I said, "We're starting this immediately.

ESQ: What is the "pussy generation"?

CE: All these people that say, "Oh, you can't do that, and you can't do this, and you can't say that." I guess it's just the times.

ESQ: What do you think Trump is onto?

CE: What Trump is onto is he's just saying what's on his mind. And sometimes it's not so good. And sometimes it's … I mean, I can understand where he's coming from, but I don't always agree with it.

ESQ: So you're not endorsing him?

CE: I haven't endorsed anybody. I haven't talked to Trump. I haven't talked to anybody. You know, he's a racist now because he's talked about this judge. And yeah, it's a dumb thing to say. I mean, to predicate your opinion on the fact that the guy was born to Mexican parents or something. He's said a lot of dumb things. So have all of them. Both sides. But everybody—the press and everybody's going, "Oh, well, that's racist," and they're making a big hoodoo out of it. Just fucking get over it. It's a sad time in history.

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Clint Eastwood is sad because racism is called racist now : 

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a46893/double-trouble-clint-and-scott-eastwood/

I read that quote, and I instinctively reached for the downvote button cos omfg, no, just no. I mean, saying a judge can't possibly be fair because of his ancestry...that's not even a little racist. YUCK.

Clint Eastwood is just upset that he can't go around spouting ethnic, racial, and misogynist slurs in polite company anymore without consequences. :pb_rollseyes:  

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/08/todays-blind-items-a-gift-from-the-mob.html

Another CDAN blind, but not Duggar related. I think this fits in with Donald Trump and Melania! Also, I think the evidence might be solid that Trump might be involved with some illegal activies, and Melania entering the US illegally. Maybe this is why Trump won't release his tax returns as he might have less money than what is being reported to Forbes' Billionaire list. 

Dear Mr Eastwood,

I think you're a bloody fucking wanker.

Hoping that's straightforward enough for you,

samurai_sarah

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived