IGNORED

3 Trump: Parables, Politics, Panic

SpoonfulOSugar

23 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Here is something I just don't understand about Trump and his supporters. How many times have we heard, "Trump is a straight shooters and means what he says?"  Then once Trump says something extremely stupid, which is daily at this point, Trump and his fan people fall all over themselves saying that is not what he meant. So which is it? 

I heard him speak pretty plainly. The Secret Service heard him as well.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand something:

All (most?) of the recent polls show Hillary walloping Trump nationally. Yet many of you say that you're surrounded by a sea of Trump supporters. Does this mean the polls are wrong? Are lots of you in demographic pockets of extreme right-wingers? 

As a Canadian I find it all so puzzling.

1 hour ago, Caribou said:

All (most?) of the recent polls show Hillary walloping Trump nationally. Yet many of you say that you're surrounded by a sea of Trump supporters. Does this mean the polls are wrong? Are lots of you in demographic pockets of extreme right-wingers? 

Trump is popular with white men.  I'm in a dark blue state and plenty of white guys around me are very loud about their admiration for him. They've been a little quieter lately, or saying they might consider the libertarian,  but  yeah, they are all around us.    But fortunately they're outnumbered. 

All things Trump boggles me, and I'm of a few minds. Neither one of these ideas is positive.

1. Trump is keeping it 100, and he could be president. If this is true, why hasn't he been stopped, disqualified or put up in the gray bar hotel by now?

2. Trump is a mole. He wants to be championed as the one who broke our hot mess, 2 party system by proving American politics is a circus. If so, is he acting alone or an operative for a group? 

3. We are participants in his ultimate reality show, or perhaps this is his performance art for the history books. If so, would his narcissism risk him becoming the biggest loser?

I just can't wrap my brain around how he went from joke to nominee. When did the fourth estate become so impotent and irrelevant?  

Have y'all discussed the Purple Heart gofundme?

4 hours ago, Caribou said:

I'm in Texas, and I live hundreds of miles from any of the big cities. So yes, I am surrounded by a lot of extremely conservative people who think Hillary Clinton is the Antichrist. 

4 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

All things Trump boggles me, and I'm of a few minds. Neither one of these ideas is positive.

1. Trump is keeping it 100, and he could be president. If this is true, why hasn't he been stopped, disqualified or put up in the gray bar hotel by now?

2. Trump is a mole. He wants to be championed as the one who broke our hot mess, 2 party system by proving American politics is a circus. If so, is he acting alone or an operative for a group? 

3. We are participants in his ultimate reality show, or perhaps this is his performance art for the history books. If so, would his narcissism risk him becoming the biggest loser?

I just can't wrap my brain around how he went from joke to nominee. When did the fourth estate become so impotent and irrelevant?  

Have y'all discussed the Purple Heart gofundme?

I saw the GoFundMe the other day and almost died laughing. That guy is my new hero. :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Caribou said:

The US is an interesting place. On the coasts you tend to have higher numbers of liberals. In the middle of the country and the South there tend to be higher levels of conservatives. So depending on where you live you're either safely among mostly reasonable people who think Trump is a menace or you're surrounded by mostly people screaming about making "America Great Again."

I live in New England - we tend to vote Democrat on most elections thankfully. But even here we have some assholes who still support Trump. See my posts about my former friends who support him because, apparently, the economy has done shit things for her family and Trump will fix it. Oh, and some bullshit about her husband working in a terrorist target because his office (which his dad is a partner at) is in NYC - I was really tempted to tell her he could always move to a job located elsewhere, but I don't think she'd want to sacrifice his salary. She's gotten used to a certain way of living. :pb_rollseyes:

(I'm calling bullshit on the economy one too. She's likely more worried about her own finances and those of her in-laws than anything - she and her husband live above their means and her in-laws are wealthy. Greedy little jerks.)

10 hours ago, Caribou said:

I don't know how it is for others, but I live in Florida, and around here it seems like there is more Trump supporters because they're a lot more vocal about it.  A LOT more vocal.

18 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Trump is inciting his fans to assassinate Hillary Clinton:

Well, it's looks like it's time for me to go make another donation to Hillary Clinton's campaign. 

Luckily where I live, I haven't seen that many Trump supporters (northern IL).  

However, the few I have seen are very vocal, unfortunately two of them happen to be Mr. No's parents.   They are diehard GOP and finally seem to have gotten on the Trump bandwagon because he's the GOP nominee and no way will they vote for Hillary the Evil One.   Not to mention that Trump hits all their racist and bigotry buttons.   It's to the point that Mr. No is flat out disgusted and after the last convo where MIL taunted him about his politics, he's stated he's going no contact with his folks for a while.

22 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

There is something just so seriously wrong with this guy. I mean, forget the election and the politics and all that crap - he's saying this sort of thing about the mother of his daughter's friend. How on earth does he rationalize that or explain that? 

There's just something wrong with Trump, period - beyond the obvious racism, misogyny, xenophobia, ignorance and hatefulness, I mean. No normal sane person acts like he does and says things like he does.  It's beyond grandstanding and attention-getting.  The man literally cannot help himself from saying the worst thing that pops into his head at any given time.  I'm really starting to think there may be something to those early Alzheimers rumors.  How on earth this man managed to make any kind of business deals, even bad ones and even with his father's money and influence if he has always acted like this (the total disregard for actual facts, the seeming inability to even tell fact from fiction, the rage, the impulse control issues and the obsessive need to defend himself over and over again) is beyond me. Particularly since he apparently believes he is winning.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-second-amendment-backlash_us_57aaa702e4b0ba7ed23e2bf8?section=us_politics

Also, I assume this is the first time the Secret Service has had to investigate a presidential candidate for insinuating that someone, somewhere out there kill his opponent?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politics/trump-second-amendment/index.html

1 hour ago, Hera said:

There's just something wrong with Trump, period - beyond the obvious racism, misogyny, xenophobia, ignorance and hatefulness, I mean. No normal sane person acts like he does and says things like he does.  It's beyond grandstanding and attention-getting.  The man literally cannot help himself from saying the worst thing that pops into his head at any given time.  I'm really starting to think there may be something to those early Alzheimers rumors.  How on earth this man managed to make any kind of business deals, even bad ones and even with his father's money and influence if he has always acted like this (the total disregard for actual facts, the seeming inability to even tell fact from fiction, the rage, the impulse control issues and the obsessive need to defend himself over and over again) is beyond me. Particularly since he apparently believes he is winning.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-second-amendment-backlash_us_57aaa702e4b0ba7ed23e2bf8?section=us_politics

Also, I assume this is the first time the Secret Service has had to investigate a presidential candidate for insinuating that someone, somewhere out there kill his opponent?

Trump is, of course, denying such a meeting took place.  However, the Secret Service tweeted last night that they were "aware" of the comments which should automatically mean they would investigate.

I don't think it's dementia, although he almost certainly has a few personality disorders.  I think most of what we're seeing here stems from the fact that this man and his y-huge, albeit tender ego have been living in a bubble forever now.  A very wealthy guy literally living in a tower surrounded by yes-men who have been telling him whatever it is he wants to hear.  He bullied his way (aided and abetted by the media for their own purposes) through a weak Republican field and now has captured the imagination of racists, sexists, xenophobes and gun nuts all over the country.  But he's still a stupid, spoiled, thin-skinned, not-very-bright child who has no filter and a very limited ability to process information.  I'd love to believe that he's going to drop out soon, but I'm afraid he's going to stick around.  And continue to get worse. 

This is really bad.  Completely, unbelievably bad. 

@Geechee Girl I'm currently living just south of Jacksonville.  Eventually I'll probably end up in or near Orlando again, but I'm here at least for the time being.  At lot more conservative here than in other parts of the state.  Not a fan.

35 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

@Geechee Girl I'm currently living just south of Jacksonville.  Eventually I'll probably end up in or near Orlando again, but I'm here at least for the time being.  At lot more conservative here than in other parts of the state.  Not a fan.

My sister and brother-in-law were planning on moving to Orlando, Florida some time this year.  It's kind of on the back burner for now, I'm not sure if it will still happen or not.  To be honest I'd rather it not because then I wouldn't get to see them, Maggie, or Marvel the Kitty as often.

And in other Trump news today a dude tried to scale the Trump Tower in NYC.

abcnews.go.com/US/man-spotted-scaling-side-trump-tower-york/story?id=41278389

Cops have captured a man who tried to scale the side of Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan this afternoon after an hours-long standoff.

Responding officers yanked the man into the building around 6:35 p.m. after knocking out a full window pane on the 21st floor.

The climber, using a contraption made up of five suction cups, scaled the 68-story building for over two hours. He was removed from Trump Tower on a stretcher.

The man started climbing at the 5th floor atrium, which is accessible to the public. it was not immediately clear why he climbed the building, but a police source said he was carrying leaflets indicating the climb was about self-promotion.

I think somebody was watching a bit too much Superman if you ask me;

48 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

Most definitely, you're practically in South GA. :lol:

Exactly.  There are some parts of Jacksonville that aren't as bad as others.  But for the most part it's crappy, annoying conservatives.  I learned a long time ago trying to argue with them is like using my fists to break down a brick wall- painful and useless.

Time for a polling update. Trump is now behind in Wisconsin by 15 points. He was behind by 4 points in early July. Even if you factor in Jill Stein and Gary Johnson, Clinton still leads by 11 points. 

Chances of winning: 

Clinton: 85.2% 

Trump: 14.8 %

Oh loookie who showed up at a Cheeto Benito rally;

politico.com/story/2016/08/mark-foley-donald-trump-226896

Two days after a terrorist’s father was spotted behind Hillary Clinton at a Florida speech, Donald Trump appeared in the Sunshine State and criticized her for the bad optics.

But there was one big irony that undermined Trump's message: Disgraced former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley — accused in 2006 of making sexual advances toward congressional pages — was sitting behind Trump the entire time Wednesday in Sunrise, near Fort Lauderdale.

Democrats pounced and demanded the news media highlight Foley just as reporters had pressed Clinton for an explanation as to how the father of Omar Mateen wound up in the crowd behind her as the cameras rolled.

"A certain campaign made a big deal about how campaigns must vet everyone who attends events. And then let in an alleged pedophile. Sad!" Eric Jotkoff, a Florida Democratic consultant tweeted, mocking Trump’s style of social media posts.

"The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight. It's drawn the finest people."

Oh FFS. Now Trump said tonight that President Obama is the founder of ISIS. There is no bottom to his disgusting rhetoric. He truly is unhinged. 

I am not gonna lie. There are times when I just wanna knock down a Coke with a few Cheetos. Totally get that may not be the healthiest of snacks, but it has been known to happen a time or two. Now? I can't look at a damn bag of Cheetos in the grocery store without wanting to drop kick the bag out the front door. Thanks, Donald. 

15 hours ago, Hera said:

Trump's behavior reminds me of someone I knew years ago who had serious problems with impulse control. total lack of filter and clearly had some problems with women.  There were times he could act normal then all of sudden come out with a real humdinger and I would be like WTF?   A number of people around him, including me, thought there was something seriously wrong with him, however no armchair diagnosis was made, just that something was very, very wrong.  How this guy managed to make his way in normal society to the extent he did was somewhat of a wonder, he certainly didn't have the money that would make people overlook it. Whenever  hear of yet another crazy/dangerous/irrational thing that Trump says, it reminds me of this guy. 

11 hours ago, Mecca said:

Oh FFS. Now Trump said tonight that President Obama is the founder of ISIS. There is no bottom to his disgusting rhetoric. He truly is unhinged. 

I am not gonna lie. There are times when I just wanna knock down a Coke with a few Cheetos. Totally get that may not be the healthiest of snacks, but it has been known to happen a time or two. Now? I can't look at a damn bag of Cheetos in the grocery store without wanting to drop kick the bag out the front door. Thanks, Donald. 

And then he doubled down when an interviewer tried to "interpret" what he said as meaning Obama created an opportunity for ISIS to flourish said that no, he means that Obama literally founded ISIS.  So, yeah.  There's that. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

I'm at the place where I don't even know what to say about this anymore. It's surpassed my comprehension that this is reality and not a huge (y-uge?) set up of some kind. 

And then he doubled down when an interviewer tried to "interpret" what he said as meaning Obama created an opportunity for ISIS to flourish said that no, he means that Obama literally founded ISIS.  So, yeah.  There's that. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

I'm at the place where I don't even know what to say about this anymore. It's surpassed my comprehension that this is reality and not a huge (y-uge?) set up of some kind. 

If anything it was the guy before President Obama who founded Daesh by pretty much dousing the entire Middle East in wildfire and dropping a lit match there.

I'm amazed at the ability of the ex and current paid Trump loyalists (Corey Lewandowski and Paul Manafort) to stay on message with the shit hitting the fan hourly.  These guys are absolutely robotic.  Of course, they've been called to the front lines so often I'm sure it is now part of their DNA. 

Lindbergh baby?   Yep, Obama took him.  Its a known fact. .

Lizzie Borden's parents?  Some have said Obama was visiting their neighbors that day.  Do I know this for sure?  No, but many people are saying this.

Zodiac killer?  Looks like his handwriting on those notes to the cops. Just sayin', just sayin'.

It would all be hilarious if the future of the republic wasn't on the line.  Even if Clinton wins this year, what is 2020 going to bring?

I think that he, knowing he will lose, is now just priming the pump of his angry crowd. For what ultimate purpose, I cannot say, other than narcissism/sense of power over some people and/or getting them worked up to create divisiveness that will somehow work in his favor when Clinton takes office. His followers are stuck in a kind of vacuum for now.

I live on a county line. To my west is the city. V. blue. To my east is the rural meth lab area, that is, past the newly redeveloped shopping area funded by some of the west people and also county redevelopment. So past the shopping, all red. My street was built in the early 90s as an expensive (at the time) semi-private neighborhood, and it was built on the east side of the county line because the taxes are lower. It's made of old-school conservatism mixed with a bit of new school religious fervor. And this is Ohio, so outlandish ideas count for more than they ought to, currently.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived