IGNORED

Maxhell- Summer with the Maxwells Pt 3

samurai_sarah

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, fair post is up. It appears to be indoors. They had "neat" opportunities to talk about Jesus and the Ten Commandments. They also made lots of new friends. Huh??? Are siblings not enough, then??

I think Mary did the face painting. It looks pretty good. There's a photo of Christopher talking to someone, with a display next to him, which seems to be of the Maxwell grandkids. I think, judging by the photos, it's face painting examples.

Mary has some mad facepainting skillz. Sarah uses that word "friends" the way my kids used it when they were kindergarten age--to mean someone they had just met and maybe played with for a few minutes. It would be interesting to know Sarah's emotional age, and what caused her maturity to come to a dead stop then.

World's most boring family.  Son worship (pun intended) is alive and well in Maxhell. Daniel. That Anna Marie is a Fertile-Myrtle!

Dog attacks, they get into two vehicles with strangers. I get it the dogs were not happy to see them and with a little kid and a puppy I'd freak out too. Getting the child to safety WAS the best idea, but I hope they were at least from the neighborhood.

Wow, my heart was in my throat. What if that shed couldn't be moved?!!! yawn

Finally--a post I can agree with. Yes, ditch the uber-expensive, doesn't save much of anything front loading $1000 washer for an old normal one. Any day. My washer is going on 30. No repairs. Friends have gone thru up to 5 of those new ones in 10 years--often under warranty, but still. 

I just started reading the Maxhell family blog today.  So thrilling. As I am still somewhat new to FJ I was wondering if someone could take a moment and give me some back story to these leg humpers.  

Did they have a TV show at one point? How did they get to be known? Any skeletons come out of the closet yet? 

I read all about the Pepsi addiction and that was some funny shit.  Any good gossips?

So far they just seem like a boring hot mess to me.

The kids in the pics look super uncomfortable. 

As an aside, I think this is part 3, not part 2.

5 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

I just started reading the Maxhell family blog today.  So thrilling. As I am still somewhat new to FJ I was wondering if someone could take a moment and give me some back story to these leg humpers. 

(snip)

Here's a brief summary:

If you have questions about other fundies/organisations,. this may help:

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/223-whos-who-fundamentalist-family-and-organization-summaries/

I got sucked into listening to a podcast of Steve promoting the Buy your House debt free book this morning. There were many times I think his knowledge of the world stopped in the early 2000's. Talking about DOS and wordperfect, 9/11 , and not knowing the interest rates are lower then 6% made me really feel like the interview was done in 2002ish. The part that took me back was he didn't know his daughters ages. It was not just a pause, it was the one time in the interview he didn't have a quick answer, he finally said I guess Anna is about 22 now(I think she was 23 when the interview was done).

Not sure if it is ok to post a link. It was pretty long and dry. Steve's laugh (nervous one I would guess?), is pretty unsettling.

The fair post was even more boring than the usual Maxwell dullness. No creative title (I know, these are people who write a blog post about "Moving A Shed"), very brief background info, and not even a Love, Sarah -signature. Even the gym/warehouse/whatever looks sweaty and boring as hell. AND WHERE WAS LOLLY THE FUCKING CLOWN????

On another note, Mary has clearly found her talent. Those face paintings are really nice. And do tell me, is that a yellow snake from the Garden of Eden poledancing behind Mary and her "customers"?

I was very disappointed that Lolly the Fucking clown did not attend. There had been quite a few requests in the comments on the blog ;-)

My theory is that after last years fair, they undid the extra modesty skirt they attached to it and shipped it back to the company for a refund, either 'unworn' or 'faulty'. 

Tut tut Stevie....

2 hours ago, Jessie E said:

Did they have a TV show at one point? How did they get to be known? Any skeletons come out of the closet yet? 

I read all about the Pepsi addiction and that was some funny shit.  Any good gossips?

So far they just seem like a boring hot mess to me.

This Blog has a really good summary. Sometimes FF summaries are too long:

https://sarahpalinhasaserpentsheart.blogspot.com/2013/12/meet-family-more-nuttier-than-duggars.html

Another day in Maxhell.

Yawn.

I hope there were other places for kids to get their faces painted without the proselytizing.

I agree that Mary has some true talent going on with the face painting, and I'm pleased she has an outlet, at least once a year, for her artistry. I also thought Anna's balloon wrist corsages were quite clever, especially since they could be worn and enjoyed, and parents wouldn't get stuck carrying them around all afternoon. 

It's just too bad it all came with a heaping helping of Jesus. Just once, couldn't that family just do something nice for the community without having an agenda? I have no problems with people discussing religion, but this smacks of an ambush, which I think is unfair to parents just wanting to give their kids a treat.

Regarding Lolly, my theory is that she became too well-known. People probably quickly learned by word of mouth and by the screams of the trapped: if a lime wigged, green skirted clown turns her eye toward you, you run like hell. Her haunting refrain, "Do you know where you are going when you die???" probably factored into many a small child's nightmares.

Nobody likes fundamentalist clowns, no matter what they wear.

Exactly as clowns in the UK circus tradition, Clowns are painted up with white paint faces with red noses and Jan Crouch style eye makeup - not two tone green.

Chris has a whole pouch of balloons too - may be time to use them?

11 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

It would be interesting to know Sarah's emotional age, and what caused her maturity to come to a dead stop then.

My guess is 14 and Steve.

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

As an aside, I think this is part 3, not part 2.

Seconded, this is the 3rd Maxhell general thread.

Sometimes I think my life is boring.

Reading the Maxwell blog makes me realize my life is an exciting, whirlwind adventure!

I keep checking in with the blog to see if perhaps Ltfc (lolly the fucking clown) did actually make an appearance.  Horribly disappointed. . On the plus side there is a new blog post..on scheduling meals. So  freaking.  Boring. Teri has actually outdone herself for boring blog posts. .

17 minutes ago, clese said:

I keep checking in with the blog to see if perhaps Ltfc (lolly the fucking clown) did actually make an appearance.  Horribly disappointed. . On the plus side there is a new blog post..on scheduling meals. So  freaking.  Boring. Teri has actually outdone herself for boring blog posts. .

I couldn't believe the level of boring had sunk that low. The Maxwells have officially run out of topics to blog about. That's it. Done.

Am I reading the post right?  If one person has a conflict with a meal time then everyone gets rescheduled? Why Teri?  Why not just let the person eat when they can and you could sit and talk with them.  

I know the schedule rules but this seems excessive to me.  But then it is the Maxwells

Having a set meal time simplifies much for us such as:

Not having to have family members ask me what time a meal will occur.

Not having to call people when it is meal time

It's much easier when  you don't have to speak with the humanoids who inhabit the same dwelling with you. 

Does that post kind of seem contradictory to anyone else? The meals are at the same time daily so people how when they'll be and won't have to ask, but if a family member has something that would make dinner later or earlier, they can be flexible? So there may be some cases when they DO have to ask what time dinner will be?

49 minutes ago, Green Glass said:

Does that post kind of seem contradictory to anyone else? The meals are at the same time daily so people how when they'll be and won't have to ask, but if a family member has something that would make dinner later or earlier, they can be flexible? So there may be some cases when they DO have to ask what time dinner will be?

I can't imagine the chaos that must ensue if one person has a dinner time conflict. I'm so thankful that my kids never had the nerve to ask me, 'hey, mum, when's dinner?'  How absolutely horrific that would be.  And, all you moms, remember, do NOT take an extra minute or two doing whatever it is you're doing!  Just go and make dinner, ffs!  Honestly.  Women these days, amiright?

Rescheduling the entire meal to suit one person seems like a passive aggresive move to me.  "Oh, you can't make it to dinner?  Don't worry, we can reschedule the whole family just for you, it's really no trouble."

I cannot imagine personal scheduling conflicts are frequent problem though. Where in the world would any of them be allowed to go? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived