IGNORED

Michelle Duggar should buy a reborn babydoll

homeschoolmomma1

That way she will always be able to care for a "baby" hmmm what do you all think?

Wow, incredible. They really look like real babies. I want one. ;)

Nell

I have a friend who makes them... I'm sure she'd be willing to sell you one!

Personally, I find them a tad creepy (the "Uncanny Valley"!). Not helped by the fact that my friend has boxes and boxes of heads, arms, legs, eyeballs, et cetera...

(When I first read the thread title I thought it said Michelle D should *be* a reborn baby doll...???!)

I guess she has the voice down pat...

Catherine

These things freak me out. Some women get REALLY into them and it just makes me shiver.

I can see Michelle in a nursing home someday refusing to part with her J-Doll, rocking it day and night. Shudder.

I have a friend who makes them... I'm sure she'd be willing to sell you one!

Personally, I find them a tad creepy (the "Uncanny Valley"!). Not helped by the fact that my friend has boxes and boxes of heads, arms, legs, eyeballs, et cetera...

Thanks but I'll pass. I couldn't afford one anyway, and it would be one more thing to collect dust and cat hair.

I can see it would be creepy seeing all those parts

Nell

I can see Michelle in a nursing home someday refusing to part with her J-Doll, rocking it day and night. Shudder.

I read this and had a vision of Norman Bates' mother in the rocking chair. :angry-screaming:

Nell

My Mom would LOVE one of those. She collects expensive looking,realistic looking dolls and would totally want one if she saw that. I need a cheapo one, I cannot afford those prices.

Wasn't one of these dolls used in the April Rose scandal, where the woman faked a baby's illness and miraculous birth? Freeeaaaakyyyyy!

I watched a documentary a couple of years about women who used reborns all the time. I doubt Michelle would ever get a reborn because her groupies would be freaked out by her carrying around a doll all the time.

No, she should have one of these: godslittleones.homestead.com/micropreemies.html

Maybe if she'd had one she wouldn't have needed to have 18 replacements for the baby she lost.

No, she should have one of these: godslittleones.homestead.com/micropreemies.html

I'm speechless. :shock:

Nell

I read this and had a vision of Norman Bates' mother in the rocking chair. :angry-screaming:

Nell

Her silhouette from the window or when Arbogast finds her? ;)

Guest Anonymous

Oh my god, just went to the godslittleones website and I really wish I hadn't. Actual pictures of stillborn babies with the "model" look alike?? I just don't get it.

Oh my god, just went to the godslittleones website and I really wish I hadn't.

Ditto.

I noticed the "warning" about how it may be upsetting if you'd had a miscarriage or abortion, and ignored it. The pictures made me cry. (I miscarried at 17 weeks).

Oh my god, just went to the godslittleones website and I really wish I hadn't. Actual pictures of stillborn babies with the "model" look alike?? I just don't get it.

I too wished I hadn't gone there.

Nell

So so so creeeeepy. At a festival I saw the vampire/undead versions of these dolls...I nearly had nightmares. And that godslittleones website...add me to the list, wish I hadn't gone there...just....:(.

Those are really creepy.

As for Michelle Duggar needing one, it's a stage beyond what she is addicted to and she'd just give it to one of her other offspring to care for. Michelle is all about making the babies and birthing them. Once they're out, they no longer serve a purpose for her and she has no interest in them.

A family member had a stillborn full term baby in April, and dressed it and had a photo taken which she now uses for her FB profile. It just gives me the willies, but what can you say? :confusion-shrug:

Michelle can get one of these dolls if JB is allowed to get a realdoll. It's exactly the type of woman he likes - no brain whatsoever!

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/RealDoll

OMG, I just watched a documentary on guys with real dolls last night and it was CRAZY!!! They dress them up and take them out, the one guy sent his to be fixed and was like"this is the first time we have been apart, it will be like a second honeymoon when she comes back!" Its a trainwreck, but I HAD to watch it! You know you all will be watching it now.... http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/guys-and-dolls/

OMG, I just watched a documentary on guys with real dolls last night and it was CRAZY!!! They dress them up and take them out, the one guy sent his to be fixed and was like"this is the first time we have been apart, it will be like a second honeymoon when she comes back!" Its a trainwreck, but I HAD to watch it! You know you all will be watching it now....

Those guys are seriously messed up. If they can program these dolls to do housework, and give them artificial wombs the fundies will snatch them up by the thousands. I wish I was kidding! :o

A family member had a stillborn full term baby in April, and dressed it and had a photo taken which she now uses for her FB profile. It just gives me the willies, but what can you say? :confusion-shrug:

:shock: I feel sympathy, but this is ...weird.

Archived