IGNORED

The Bates before they were so shiny and perfect including grifting

formergothardite

@19BabyGerkins, in addition to what @VelociRapture has posted, there is also the fact that the Bateses admit to using the ER for their health care instead of paying for insurance.  A lot of us have big problems with that.  It costs the taxpayers money to do that and clogs up the ER with non-emergent care.  I don't mind paying for people who really can't afford medical care, but I don't like paying for people who could have but won't.  I also have a major problem with Lawson earning money from cutting grass only to have to use that hard-earned money to have to buy groceries for the family and pay for Erin's education at Clown College.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:30 AM, Scrabblemaster said:

I had a huge learning curve with both families, Duggar and Bates. Freejinger helped me a lot, so reading old threads took some time, but it's been worth it. My first thought about this lifestyle was: well it can't be that bad? Later, after getting out of some rabbit holes, i knew: I was right it can't be that bad. It is so much worse.

That's really the scary part. It really is so much worse.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2016 at 0:19 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Call me an snobby northeastern liberal, but the only meat in a can I would go near is marketed towards feeding your feline headship, not yourself.  I'd sooner go vegetarian than eat meat out of a can.

I'd pay good money to see a fundie blog share a recipe that uses Fancy Feast.

I'm probably a snobby Northeastern foodie as well (though I'm on the Libertarian side of Conservative), but Trader Joes once did a hot buffalo chicken dip as a sampler thing, using canned chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, sharp cheddar, blue cheese, etc ... and dang it's good.    I made it about once a year.     Football watching party type of food.  

3 hours ago, kinphilly said:

I'm probably a snobby Northeastern foodie as well (though I'm on the Libertarian side of Conservative), but Trader Joes once did a hot buffalo chicken dip as a sampler thing, using canned chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, sharp cheddar, blue cheese, etc ... and dang it's good.    I made it about once a year.     Football watching party type of food.  

This sounds like buffalo chicken dip, which is really delicious. It's much better with grilled shredded, chicken than canned chicken.

18 hours ago, kinphilly said:

...and I had just forgotten about OTBTk and that nasty ass canned chicken avatar.

On 3/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, kmary1 said:

This sounds like buffalo chicken dip, which is really delicious. It's much better with grilled shredded, chicken than canned chicken.

that's like trying to make a healthy version of a Twinkie or a Moonpie ;)    Every once in a while you just have to decide that a meal is worth living a week less.  

On 3/7/2017 at 2:56 AM, 16strong said:

...and I had just forgotten about OTBTk and that nasty ass canned chicken avatar.

I do miss her but not her avatar.  It was called Steve and occasionally sported a kilt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2016 at 9:43 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

So inquiring minds want to know?  How bad is the smell compared to canned cat food?

It's bad.I have the worst gag reflex,and gag brushing my teeth,when open cans of Fancy Feast....this is so bad,I nearly lose it..sorry for TMI.

I had a friend who bought it or was given it...ugh.

I'm ready to go vegetarian ,now/.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:56 AM, kmary1 said:

I make buffalo chicken dip a lot, but I use regular boneless/skinless chicken breasts or I buy a rotisserie chicken and take the meat off the bones. Soooo good. My husband is a sports nut, so whenever there is a big game I appease myself with junk food. 

On 6/9/2016 at 1:40 PM, princessmahina said:

I can't snark too much on their banana eating habits. I've gotten catcalled too many times while eating a banana, and so I eat them Duggar style. It's saved me a lot of embarrassment. 

Mr.Melon and I went shopping,years ago,at an Outlet Mall, near Myrtle Beach.One of the stores sold frozen chocolate covered bananas.They looked delicious,and I don't care much for bananas...I can eat one,if I am starving.There were two women sitting on a bench,eating their frozen bananas.I tried hard not to laugh,but I could not keep a straight face.Mr.Melon chuckled and says I know what you are laughing at...sorry I could not help it.

My brothers used to make comments when my mother ate a banana ,or a hot dog.

Archived