IGNORED

Willis Family including rape charges

MoonFace

12 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Does TLC do background checks? Seriously. 

If they do, they are piss-poor ones.  I think they put their fingers in their ears, go "nah, nah, NAH! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" whenever someone tries to tell them anything negative about a potential or current TLC celeb and hope it is never discovered. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Eve said:

Wow. This has a quote from the mother and it sounds to me like she/the family are not proclaiming him innocent or standing by him. Am I misunderstanding the statement?

This is terribly disturbing.  

http://fox17.com/news/local/willis-clan-cancels-all-foreseeable-events-amid-patriarchs-child-rape-charge

No, the lack of support for Toby Willis is obvious by omission -- not to mention the final sentence referring inquiries to "the District Attorney’s office who have our complete support." [emphasis added]

Yeah and he is referred to as "Toby Willis". That's his name of course, but more distancing language than "my husband" would be.

This sentence irks me: "He is charged with rape of a child for an alleged relationship 12 years ago.¨"

He is charged for rape. Rape is a crime, not a relationship.

Holy hell, seems like this is legit. 

I don't fully understand the news channel 5 article. Does this mean the victim was raped multiple times between ages 9 and 12? Or in that time window it happened once?

I hope they get residuals and income from the current sale of their music. To cancel all events means no income with 13 mouths to feed (mom and 12 kids). 

Read both the newschannel5 article and the fox17 article and am confused.  If Toby was told, years ago, to not go around his wife and biological children then (1) why did he remain with his wife and children, including being on a TV show, and (2) why would his wife be shocked and devastated by the revelation of events leading to his arrest?  What am I missing here?

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah and he is referred to as "Toby Willis". That's his name of course, but more distancing language than "my husband" would be.

This sentence irks me: "He is charged with rape of a child for an alleged relationship 12 years ago.¨"

I felt the exact same way. It's an alleged RAPE.

The reference :

"Authorities confirmed Willis was told he was not allowed to go around his biological children or his wife."

It's unclear but it doesn't actually specify that this happened years ago, it could mean just recently.

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Read both the newschannel5 article and the fox17 article and am confused.  If Toby was told, years ago, to not go around his wife and biological children then (1) why did he remain with his wife and children, including being on a TV show, and (2) why would his wife be shocked and devastated by the revelation of events leading to his arrest?  What am I missing here?

I highly doubt Brenda knew.

I think he has been told now that he can't? I doubt he would be allowed to be on a show with them if he was ordered not to be around them.

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Oh, I thought that's just now, he can't have contact  with them, meaning they can't go visit him in jail. Those articles are confusing and somehow poorly written.

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

I hope they get residuals and income from the current sale of their music. To cancel all events means no income with 13 mouths to feed (mom and 12 kids). 

From what I understand, they are loaded. Toby got a big pay out from his family's deaths years ago. On top of all that they have their music and tv shows income. They should be fine based on this information but who knows if this is still the case.

31 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

What a disgusting addition to that article. 

I'm not sure where they are getting the ages 9-12 and also how they know it's a family member. I don't like that they added that in with no mention of a reliable source. Why couldn't they have just left it at the fact that child rape is considered between the ages of 3 and 13? It's all deplorable. Why mention the age span at all? To me there is way too much identifying material in the article. It should be taken down.

I found something but I'm not sure if it's ok to post. It's a news article that's been taken down and changed. Possibly because it contains false information but maybe to protect the victim. 

4 minutes ago, faraway said:

I found something but I'm not sure if it's ok to post. It's a news article that's been taken down and changed. Possibly because it contains false information but maybe to protect the victim. 

When in doubt, I wouldn't.

I'm not a law professional of any kind (degreed or otherwise), but is it possible that Toby Willis has been ordered not to have any contact with his family because he's seen as a potential risk to his young children given that the charge is of the rape of a child 3-13 years old? I haven't seen anything to indicate that it was a family member. I may be missing something (or lots of things), but I feel a bit uncomfortable about what seems to me like groundless speculation, and would hate to cause further pain to the victim, their loved ones, and the family of the accused.

6 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I'm not a law professional of any kind (degreed or otherwise), but is it possible that Toby Willis has been ordered not to have any contact with his family because he's seen as a potential risk to his young children given that the charge is of the rape of a child 3-13 years old? I haven't seen anything to indicate that it was a family member. I may be missing something (or lots of things), but I feel a bit uncomfortable about what seems to me like groundless speculation, and would hate to cause further pain to the victim, their loved ones, and the family of the accused.

There is a news channel 5 article linked up thread that reports he is being charged with rape of a female family member. It feels like a lot of information to me as well but it is a credible news source and the information seems to come from the charging documents (police report).

Do not speculate about the identity of Toby Willis' victim. We have hidden posts related to this, and we are warning and will warn accordingly if this continues.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/cheatham/2016/09/14/court-date-set-willis-clan-father-child-rape-charge/90363128/ 

Similar to the News Channel 5 but does include Trial info.

I honestly think Brenda didn't know the extent of his actions, especially by the way she worded her statement. 

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

No, the lack of support for Toby Willis is obvious by omission -- not to mention the final sentence referring inquiries to "the District Attorney’s office who have our complete support." [emphasis added]

Yeah, her wording at the beginning had me wondering whether she was upset by the allegations (I.e., she didn't believe them), but I think by the end it is clear that she (hopefully) is not standing by him.

I had the same impression when I read her statement.   I know it is easy to read into things, but it really did seem as if she was distancing herself.  A wife who is entirely convinced of her husband's innocence would have worded it differently than this.    And while she may have been shocked at this specific allegation,  it also strikes me that she doesn't find it entirely unbelievable either.

I feel badly for any family torn up by something like this.  I was never a big fan of their show, but I would never wish anything like this on a family.   And I am so sad for the victim.  It probably took them a long time to feel ok to come forward.  I hope that justice is served for all involved.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived