• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Introduce yourself- Part 3

may
Hi, [mention=26567]may[/mention]! Welcome to FJ.  We have a pretty diverse group of posters here, with folks from 18 up to their 80s. (As far as I know. No one has mentioned being in their 90s, afaik.)  It's always great to hear from people who have first hand experience dealing with fundies. 
We also have discussion threads about many different families and topics. If/when you get a bit tired of the Duggars, come check out some other threads, too! If you ever want to find a new rabbit hole to spend time in, just ask people for a recommendation. You'll have more to read than you can imagine! 

Aw thank you for the warm welcome! Trust me I already spent about 2 hours reading everything lol I’m being sucked in !!!

Waffle Time
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, may said:

I already spent about 2 hours reading everything lol I’m being sucked in !!!

Lol. After I'd been here a bit, a veteran member told me that I would be assimilated. :SmileyFace-Borg-2: (I'm a bit of a sci-fi geek, if you hadn't guessed. :pb_lol: )

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
misspelling

may
Lol. After I'd been here a bit, a veteran member told me that I would be assimilated. :SmileyFace-Borg-2: (I'm a bit of a sci-fi geek, if you hadn't guessed. :pb_lol: )

Sci-fi is definitely the best genre of movies, but I’m still a sucker for romance lmao. I haven’t talked to many on here, I’ve mainly been lurking and “assimilating”

WasBlind

Hi, all,

Hands are a bit trembly right now as I'm a SEVERE introvert who's read FJ for a long time and finally joined because of the JRod latest grifting spectacular chit show, and because I found out there are fellow doll collectors here. :)

I want to share a bit about myself: First, the calendar says I'm no spring chickadee.  Will be in a new decade of life before long.  However, my outlook is young and I wish I had some kids around, either small or grown, but it hasn't happened exactly that way. I am married, or technically, remarried, and have had a quiet, low key, casual lifestyle since I retired myself from my career. I sympathize with you who have back problems and pain. I have pain from a series of professional hazard injuries which came with the job, as they say, so my pain is ant sized compared to what several of you are living with. I've shed tears reading and understanding what you've overcome and what you still live with under the best possible conditions for your individual state of normal life with ' normal' pain. There is no normal, pain requiring surgery and leaving residual effects totally has to suck hard..

About the " Was Blind" user name I reversed a biblical story  and then lyrics to an old hymn because I was a blind follower of organized religion until I grew up and saw my light- to believe in God and Jesus, pray in my own way in my own time and place, and have a somewhat spiritual relationship that is not tied to any religion or group at all.  A long, long time ago, I was brought up mainstream Protestant religion  with few to no restrictions on my comings and goings. My parents were cool in that aspect and with most of my personal choices , have to give them credit for the social life I had outside church.

However, I was made to attend church services and all activities, pray aloud in Sunday School and larger teen events at our large-ish church,  which was terrifying to an introvert who didn't want to be there in the first place but hid her so-called bad feelings, and participate in youth trips and singing all over the country in a huge teen singing group made up of teens from all over the USA for 2 summers. I was a shaky, insecure guilt- ridden girl because I didn't want to be there at all. 

As soon as I'd taken and passed Driver's Ed. ( side eye to JRod here) and got my license and first car, I told my parents that I wasn't ever going back to 'their' church and probably not to any church, which has been the case. I asked for and was granted the removal of my name from the ' church rolls', whatever that is in the first place.

Maybe some people want to be told what to do in their lives,, but I didn't and don't within societal norms. I believe I would have had a miserable life in an adult patriarcal centered life with a lot of rigid beliefs and " do's" and " don'ts" Life should be lived with joy, and I don't mean Michelle D,'s definition of joy.  I'm a people pleaser by nature, I think, but also an independent thinker ( in basic terms, all humans are but some give up their personal power to a spouse or church or both).
Thus, I " was blind" and was a follower being led around, but left painlessly and have lived my life my way, making the usual painful but transient life mistakes and having a few awesome professional and personal successes.

I'm pro-choice, pro- feminist, pro- life as anyone defines themselves culturally, sexually, ethnically. 
 Thanks for letting me be a part of FJ as a poster, not just a silent reader.