IGNORED

Annual "God requires submissive women" conference happening now

meda

"Sanctified testosterone" is a term used on their website and is intended to be taken seriously. When I saw that in a post here I assumed it was snark, but nope. It's legit, and apparently the conference organizers didn't think it sounded ridiculous. I am almost speechless. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

"Sanctified testosterone" is a term used on their website and is intended to be taken seriously. When I saw that in a post here I assumed it was snark, but nope. It's legit, and apparently the conference organizers didn't think it sounded ridiculous. I am almost speechless. 

Same here with thinking it was snark.

I'm not sure I want to know how they describe estrogen, but I'll bet it's not sanctified. 

Hoo, boy! 

"Sanctified testosterone"

"Intentional intergeneration of men"

"The spiritual power of a godly man is only acknowledged when we understand our full weakness and dependence upon him"

Do these people ever actually listen to themselves?

That's a rhetorical question, of course.  

Does "an intentional intergeneration of men" sound a little frisky?

It's raining men

intentional men

men intergenerated 

in form and function  oooh, oooh

Or perhaps I'm just carried away by "Let's Get it On" on my Pandora feed.

These idiots don't want me to get anything else done today!

:Bazinga: "Hoarding the Sanctified Testosterone" is our newest post count title!

54 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

It has both legal and scientific meanings.  In Law it means the principle that jurisdictions will not overlap in legislation, administration, or prosecution of crime.  In Physics it is the concept that  two contrasted theories may be able to explain a set of phenomena, although each separately only accounts for some aspects.

I'm guessing that the religious meaning is something like this:  Men and women are complementary but their jurisdictions cannot overlap.  Men have a penis like God has a penis so they get the last word and are God-like human beings with powerful hunger for women (which is why women must be modest so they don't arouse these hungers.)  Women, on the other hand have a uterus which makes them weak and ungod-like.  Men do not have uteri which is where babies come from therefore they should only admire their offspring from a lofty, patriarchal perch which leaves women to stay home and raise the children.

God has given women a high, tremulous voice which is bad for speaking in crowds and good for conveying worshipful admiration. God has also made women smaller overall for a reason, because someone has to be the boss and the biggest guy gets to control everything, therefore there is no confusion as to Who's The Boss.  Women's brains are smaller and so they must not make major decisions. Men have the strong muscles to push a lawn mower around but women are closer to the ground and therefore can more easily clean the toilets. As for cooking...do you remember that part about Men having powerful hungers?  Yes that is why they should not do the cooking because they would cook too much food. Finally their hands are too big and too strong to wash the dishes because they would smash all the china.

I think I should have been a little more clear in my question.:pb_redface: I know about complementarianism, I just had never heard 'complementarity' before, it seemed like a misuse of the word, rather in the manner of people turning a verb into a noun or something. It just jarred me a bit. :pb_lol:

But thank you for the detailed explanation of complementarianism. I didn't know as much about it as I thought I did! 

So, I honestly thought this was going to be a joke.  Is it possible to find something so offensive that it just becomes funny?  What's the word for that?

43 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Lucky for us, especially us women who can't hold too much in our heads at once, CBMW is posting daily speaker summaries -- http://cbmw.org/topics/news-and-announcements/cbmw-pre-conference-day-one-summaries/

for example:

Jason Allen | Complementarity and the Disappearance of Men

The church must recover biblical manhood–Christian masculinity, or sanctified testosterone.

5 Proposals to Recovery the Reappearance of Men:

We must hold high the truths of biblical complementarity with confidence.

We must be committed to preaching the text of Scripture, and preaching it with authority.

We must cultivate male leadership in form and function.

Lets us build an intentional intergeneration of men.

Let us equip and empower men into male leadership in our churches.

and

H.B. Charles Jr | The Spiritual Power of a Godly Man:  The spiritual power of a godly man is only acknowledged when we understand our full weakness and dependence upon him.

and Spiritual Sounding Board is monitoring the Twitter feed. "Sanctified testosterone" is getting lots of play, as indeed it should

gah. The church my family is attending just started a sermon series on biblical families. Unfortunately, they like to listen to stuff from 9Marks and cbmw or whatever the heck the acronym is.

Maybe I'll have to skip the next ten weeks of church.

Just realized after perusing the speakers list that Nancy Leigh DeMoss Wolgemuth isn't speaking at this event. 

Why is that -- speakers' fees too low or CBMW's cut too high?

I want to know more about sexual pandemonium. :) It sounds like it might be exciting! 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I know. I was about to comment on the same thing. It sounds like snark. And if they're perfectly serious, then how can one take them seriously?

...and yet, they're dead serious.

I remember one commenter on a watchdog blog I read occasionally, who says he can always tell if the church he's visiting is complementarian, because the women look so sad.

32 minutes ago, Howl said:

I think they employed a random word generator for some of this.

On sexuality:

We now exist in a world where being born a man or woman does not necessarily have a bearing on the way you act. We see this in an increasingly influential transgender ideology. Horrifyingly in our culture it is now a legitimate option for a seven year old to choose their gender.

The foundations of what it means to be human are being eroded. In this alternative reality sex is on a spectrum: changeable and negligible. From this position a culture will inevitably move towards gender neutrality. Instead of going public with holiness, men and women are going public with ungodliness.

A couple paragraphs later... 

Sexuality is not something to avoid or change it is something to embrace. Because what it is to be a man and not a woman, or what it is to be a woman and not a man is tied to the very glory of God. It’s about going public with holiness.

So we should embrace our sexuality except for when we shouldn't because then we wouldn't be holy? K. 

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

Jason Allen | Complementarity and the Disappearance of Men

The church must recover biblical manhood–Christian masculinity, or sanctified testosterone.

Wait, women have testosterone, too. Is that unsanctified testerone?

22 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I want to know more about sexual pandemonium. :) It sounds like it might be exciting! 

Sexual pandemonium = anything except male + female, the missionary position, with the lights off, possibly only through a hole in the sheet.

Unless you are one of Doug Wilson's proteges or pals.  In that case, molestation and rape of minors is fine (if male on female), anything goes (even Ashley Madison memberships), and even wonderful Godly men are tempted by harlots and fail - just like King David.  Totally excusable.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I'm not a submissive type and I wasn't raised that way, so I admittedly don't really get this whole thing, but I just can't fathom what there is to say about it over the course of a multi-day conference, let alone doing so on an annual basis.

Is it really that complicated?

If "gender roles" are natural and ordained by God, shouldn't they come a little more... well.... naturally? Shouldn't the fact that it takes so much effort and explanation be a clue that maybe it's not something that comes from within? 

It just seems odd to me to claim something is "the way God made us" but then everyone has to put in so much work and listen to hours of instruction to actually fit the mold. 

Because Satan! 

Now you know. Repent!

Seriously dear you should know by now that if your reasoning (done with your inferior female brain) makes sense and follows logic's criteria it's ideed Satanic!

In that case, although I'm heterosexual, I'm a big fan of sexual pandemonium! :dance:

Please @Happy Atheist "sanctified testosterone" needs to become a post count! It's so snarkable it's unbelievable! 

ETA never mind I see you have already provided :D 

It's amazing to me that "testosterone" can be mentioned at an event like this, yet exposing good Christians to evolution and condoms and "the like" (lol) is eeeeevil.

Although, I can't help but suspect that "testosterone" in this context is more like "an extra-special blessing from God to to headships" and not a biological hormone that those of us with XX chromosomes- godly, heathen, or otherwise- also have.

Still, I'd think it's a bit of a pearl-clutching word choice.

I mean, I know I'm casting pearls before swine by using logic on this concept, but wouldn't estrogen be equally as sanctified in this instance? Bringing forth children for God and all that? 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'm not a submissive type and I wasn't raised that way, so I admittedly don't really get this whole thing, but I just can't fathom what there is to say about it over the course of a multi-day conference, let alone doing so on an annual basis.

Is it really that complicated?

If "gender roles" are natural and ordained by God, shouldn't they come a little more... well.... naturally? Shouldn't the fact that it takes so much effort and explanation be a clue that maybe it's not something that comes from within? 

It just seems odd to me to claim something is "the way God made us" but then everyone has to put in so much work and listen to hours of instruction to actually fit the mold. 

The complement argument seems to boil down to: since men and women's parts fit together for baby-making, then of course men and women's behavioral roles must be strict complements of each other, too.

So I agree with you... if they have to lecture on about what the natural gender roles of men and women are, how is anyone supposed to believe these roles are actually natural? The whole thing just makes me think of the movie But I'm a Cheerleader, if anyone's seen that.

3 hours ago, happy atheist said:

:boom:"Proclaiming My Sexuality Through Embroidered Outer Garments"

and

"Weaponizing Broken Taboos in a Time of Sexual Pandemonium"

are our newest post count titles!

Embroidered garments and sexual pandemonium.  I experienced both in the late 70s & 80's...:Yes:

Wow. Two of the most infuriating statements on that site:

"The beauty of submission is seen in the God-head. Submission is an passed eternal reality. Submission is a future eternal reality. Submission is found in the character of God."

And...

"The human creature is given an assigned dominion and kingship over all of our creation. This dominion-taking is a reminder of the command to be fruitful and multiply. And humanity can’t be fruitful and multiply to go and have dominion over the earth unless they are male and female."

So. Breed. Subjugate. Oppose homosexuality. Get all women to submit (for ETERNITY).

Basically, Ghenghis Khan at some point was reincarnated as a fundie and infiltrated various churches.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Hoo, boy! 

"Sanctified testosterone"

"The spiritual power of a godly man is only acknowledged when we understand our full weakness and dependence upon him"

Do these people ever actually listen to themselves?

That's a rhetorical question, of course.  

You forgot one.

"The Testaronal power of men > the Estranogenic power of women.  Making sure we understand so we don't get them backwards and become g-y.  Or possibly Tr-nsge--er."

Archived