IGNORED

Annual "God requires submissive women" conference happening now

meda

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The "and the like" probably practicing witchcraft and aborting babies, because that seems to be all fundies think feminists and/or lesbians do.

True story from Christian school many years ago: 

Sweet little ninth grade girl informs me that "lesbians have A LOT of abortions". 

Me: "Uh...how exactly are they getting pregnant?"

Sweet little ninth grade girl can't speak as she is overwhelmed with confusion. 

Happy to report that I am friends with that one on social media. She is far from a conservative, submissive evangelical today. Perhaps I planted the first seed of doubt. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I mean, I know I'm casting pearls before swine by using logic on this concept, but wouldn't estrogen be equally as sanctified in this instance? Bringing forth children for God and all that? 

Oh it's plenty sanctified, it's just not IMPORTANT enough to talk about, you know. Testosterone is far more suited for the headlines! Anything having to do with teh wimmenz just isn't that big a deal. 

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, women have testosterone, too. Is that unsanctified testerone?

My doctor said I had a hormone imbalance.

I should have told him I had extra holiness!

(No, actually I just had a hormone imbalance. I take meds for it now.)

53 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My doctor said I had a hormone imbalance.

I should have told him I had extra holiness!

(No, actually I just had a hormone imbalance. I take meds for it now.)

*Solidarity fistbump*  Me too.  Do you think the pharmacist sanctifies the hormones before we get 'em, or is there like a fundie hovering over the manufacturing process?  I should call my pharmacy and find out...  Do you think name brands come with extra sanctification?  So many questions!!!

You know, I get the guys. They don't like the competition of competent females. They can make a nice ministry out of complementarianisticismatics because their annoyance with competent women resonates with lots of guys. They scanctify their sense of entitlement with Bible verses. Woman leaders don't feel natural to them so it must be wrong. I think it is immature, but I get it.

But the women drive me nuts!!1!!11!! I find it so creepy that they tell themselves and other women to stuff their talents and pretent they are made to do all the jobs that men are unsuitable for (or feel to good for). The self-depreciation, the glorification of something that just sucks, the voluntary imprisonment in a system that benefits only certain men....These wimmins I do not get.

If a man tells me what I should do I just smile and ignore him. If a women tells me what kind of Biblical women I ought to be, it feels like betrayal. We women folk should have each other's backs. 

19 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

It's amazing to me that "testosterone" can be mentioned at an event like this, yet exposing good Christians to evolution and condoms and "the like" (lol) is eeeeevil.

Although, I can't help but suspect that "testosterone" in this context is more like "an extra-special blessing from God to to headships" and not a biological hormone that those of us with XX chromosomes- godly, heathen, or otherwise- also have.

Still, I'd think it's a bit of a pearl-clutching word choice.

In fact, some of us XX'ers have been told by our doctors that we have more testosterone than we should have(Hi!)

And still happen to be straight, BTW.

We must cultivate male leadership in form and function.

Oh god, yes!!! Looking around I see there aren't nearly enough male leaders in the world.

"Sanctified Testosterone" would make a good candle name-- it would smell of holy unguents and reeking manhood; sweaty gym rats and incense; rutting stag,  Frankincense and Myrrh.

On 4/12/2016 at 1:19 PM, Crocoduck said:

She was saved from a lifetime of happiness with her own choices.

I think she was interviewed on Revive Our Hearts about a month or two ago? I remember a lot of eye-rolling when Iistened to it.

On April 12, 2016 at 2:08 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Showing their relative hipness, the family and colleagues (lot of overlap there) over at Doug Wilson's Empire of the Palouse titled the female part of their just-concluded conference, "Dangerous Women."  Theirs was free, too. Other topics included Sexual Apologetics and the main feature, Darwin's Dead End.

@happy atheist, I realize there's a treasure trove of potential post count titles here, but may I suggest 'Darwin's Dead End'?

On 4/12/2016 at 3:49 PM, THERetroGamerNY said:

Wow. Two of the most infuriating statements on that site:

"The beauty of submission is seen in the God-head. Submission is an passed eternal reality. Submission is a future eternal reality. Submission is found in the character of God."

I'd note that CBMW (the umbrella group which puts on this conference) endorses and pushes a doctrine called "Eternal Subordination of the Son" or ESS. I'm not a theologian, but people who do have that education have pointed out that this is a heresy known as "semi-Arianism" because it makes Jesus unequal to God the Father in at least one aspect.  It should be noted that historical Arianism, stated that Jesus was a created being and not equal to God the Father. This led to the Nicene Creed, which states the opposite. ESS's biggest proponent is Wayne Grudem, whose "Systematic Theology" (sold something like 400K copies and used in evangelical seminaries everywhere) has two chapters defending this crapola. Other conservative evangelicals strongly object to the doctrine:

http://benwitherington.blogspot.com/2006/03/eternal-subordination-of-christ-and-of.html

This article points out that ESS is a product of the 1970s. And of course, for those of us at FJ, this is the root of Gothardite nonsense about umbrellas of authority.  I'd also note that the CBMW people really do believe that women will be subordinate to men throughout eternity because of this ESS dogma. *rolls eyes*

I'm glad I spent my Monday and Tuesday picking at these asshats and their anti-woman crap on Twitter.

50 minutes ago, mirele said:

This article points out that ESS is a product of the 1970s. And of course, for those of us at FJ, this is the root of Gothardite nonsense about umbrellas of authority.  I'd also note that the CBMW people really do believe that women will be subordinate to men throughout eternity because of this ESS dogma. *rolls eyes*

Re: bolded. As is Sovereign Grace Ministries Churches, formerly known as Take And Give (TAG) when CJ Mahaney & his erstwhile buddy, Larry Tomczak founded the cult. Coincidence? I think not.

@mirele - thank you for all your doing in standing up to these asshats. May, at least, your work cause potential congregants to see Driscoll for the lying misogynistic fraud that he is & run far away from him.

Archived