IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Fourth, wonder how many of the (former) VF leghumpers will repost this & trumpet their conviction that DPIAT was always innocent and they knew it?

I'm pretty astounded at the thought of any of them reposting something that explicitly talks about ejaculating on someone's face, but who knows?

Well, they are certainly deleting negative comments fast on the VF Facebook.  I groaned at the guy who apologized for ever having wondered.

I'd be willing to bet that Doug Phillips is happily drafting cease and desist letters and threats of suing people for defamation, slander and libel as I type.  I'm sure one of them is going to Peter Bradrick - who did stand up to be counted.  

It's a consistent pattern of behavior for him - remember the Allosaur.  He'd be a fool to try to sue anyone because it would just keep this whole thing in public for so much longer.  He's already publicly admitted to an inappropriate relationship with a woman who is not his wife.

I also hope that everyone involved knows that speaking the truth, or what you believe to be the truth, is an excellent defense and tells Doug Phillips to go and suck on an egg.

I only know the basics of this case. My thoughts:

- First and foremost, I hope that Lourdes is doing ok. She's been through a lot and I just hope that she's taking care of herself (mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.)

- I strongly feel that we should have a site rule decreeing that Doug Phillips (is a tool) only be referred to as "DPIAT" or "Doug Phillips Is A Tool" from now on. Because Doug Phillips Is A Tool and people should be reminded of that often.

(Just joking. Kind of. :pb_lol:)

"The rain, it raineth all around

On both the just and unjust fella.

But more, it seemeth, on the just,

For the unjust hath the just's umbrella."

Hearing this news, at this particular time, leaves me feeling profoundly depressed. I take comfort in the knowledge that karma is a bitch, and one day soon Dougie will find himself squarely in her crosshairs.

He will or has already pulled shenanigans again.  Let's hope the next one has a better lawyer.

On Facebook, Julie Anne Smith (spiritualsoundingboard.com) posted that she spoke with Lourdes on the telephone. She says, 

"I had a delightful conversation with Lourdes Torres this afternoon. I hope to do a post with an update on her life after the Doug Phillips scandal. Don't believe everything you read/hear from the Vision Forum Facebook page. I notice they removed and blocked me from their page when I challenged them. ~Julie Anne

PS if you leave a comment on the Vision Forum Facebook page, take a screenshot quickly and post it here so we can see. It would be interesting to see how many comments they remove. JA."

SSB Facebook page

Thanks for pointing that out, @Jasmar. Some interesting comments on the post as well (I took out the name of the commenter):

FB User
It says that Lourdes retracted her statement about DP's specific sexual acts, and that the suit was dismissed. :(
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Spiritual Sounding Board 
They settled.
Like · Reply · 1 hr

FB User
Correction, he said, "Settled and dismissed." Sneaky little jerk---that means they had a settlement.
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

Spiritual Sounding Board 
Exactly!
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

FB User
THIS IS RIDICULOUS, & he is such a toxic, lying, sack of.....lies. :P
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

Spiritual Sounding Board 
This case was settled a while back. It's not new news. Phillips is trying to gain more visibility with his fans again. JA
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr · Edited

Good Point on the SSB page...it settled a while ago. What is Dougie looking for to make it public now?

And manipulate the status as well. Settlement doesn't mean 'not guilty'.

It most likely means Lourdes had enough and wanted to get on with life and remove him and his bullshit from her existence, so she settled.

I was just wondering: If you click on the dislike smiley, can they block you to make it disappear? :562479521d2a1_32(3):

54 minutes ago, CloakNDagger said:

This is interesting to me because it is essentially the same tactics used to deal with the Epstein deal as well as others.

To quote one of my favorite lines from an episode (maybe the pilot?) of the original "Star Trek:"

"Wrong thinking will be punished. Right thinking will be as quickly rewarded."

1 hour ago, CloakNDagger said:

This is interesting to me because it is essentially the same tactics used to deal with the Epstein deal as well as others.

I suspect that part of it is also a big, fat lie. I highly doubt that anyone disparaged Beall or the Phillips children. 

14 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I suspect that part of it is also a big, fat lie. I highly doubt that anyone disparaged Beall or the Phillips children. 

Screenshots and don't delete your posts Vision Forum or it DID NOT HAPPEN!

Silly Doug.  You can posture, lie, and misrepresent all you want but we won't believe you.

Was the "individuals who claim a spiritual duty" bit a shot at Julie Anne?  She's done a great job at following and documenting the story and I expect Doug Phillips really hates her.

They should not be putting it on a public social media page. Since, you know, communication more than one direction, is the point of....public social media.

Then again, this is VF. They make their own rules and expect everyone else to abide by them.

I found the comments on the shares of the two posts featuring documents to be very interesting. One says, "I wonder if those who were so quick to distance themselves will be so quick to reconcile." Well, who knows. Some commented that the news made their day while others said they were skeptical about the whole thing. 

In the shares of the first post post, one woman called DPIAT a "a wonderful role model of a man to our boys". Uh, okay. 

Oy. On the list of characters I did not want back, we have The Tool. I hope he doesn't think he can turn around and restart VF

(Though I will admit to a small part of me wanting the costume parties back. They were comedy gold.)

I thought something might be up with DPIAT/R for about a month or so.  First, his Cinematographer FB page (which is now private, I think) had him in Iceland -- he posted a picture of a meal and referenced a traveling companion.  Then he was in Colorado (photo/video of the Durango Silverton railroad).  Then... he posted a picture of a doe eyed brunette (Definitely not his wife or daughter) with the title "The girl".

I'll stop here just to say that if I posted such a picture to my FB feed, my wife (and friends) would have a SERIOUS problem with it.

Over on DPIAT/R's more public FB page, he's posted about, "Fear is the most powerful tool for social manipulation..." and a quote from Tim Tebow about criticism and a couple of other quotes of suspicious nature.   Meanwhile, Beall has been silent -- and I mean <crickets>.

My first though was that a divorce was in the works (it was "The girl" picture that seemed to firm up that thought).  My next thought was that he was revving up the "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you can prove anything" spin machine.

Looks like I was right on at least ONE account.

I got a screenshot of a negative comment; is it okay to post here? I blocked out the names/profile pics of commenters.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived