IGNORED

Breaking Bad - Sundays at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central on AMC

dramallama

High school chemistry teacher Walter White is diagnosed with stage III lung cancer and decides to start cooking crystal meth to make quick cash so his family will be provided for after his death. Lots of "OHSHIT" moments ensue. Also, lots of Emmys. I can't be the only one watching the best show on television, can I?

I am constantly astonished that the same man has played Walter White, Malcolm in the Middle's dad (I believe he was robbed of an Emmy in that role!), and the dentist on Seinfeld. Bryan Cranston is brilliant, IMO. And I'm on the edge of my seat at the end of every episode!

Bryan Cranston is a god among men. I'm sure this year's Emmy winners for best actor/supporting actor in a drama series were glad that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul weren't eligible this year. I recently re-watched the entire series on DVD before the start of this season, and it's amazing how he and the writers have evolved the character of Walter over the course of the past 3.5 seasons. And Gus! Giancarlo Esposito: also badass. Gus has rapidly become one of the most fascinating characters for me this season, because he's this total enigma but now we're just beginning to get the tiniest glimpses of his past and what motivates him. But really, the entire cast is outstanding - Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, Anna Gunn, and the rest. If it's Sunday night, it's guaranteed that I'm shouting "HOLY SHIT" at my television at least twice. I both dread and can't wait for Hank to find out about Walt.

This week broke my personal "HOLY SHIT" record. I've decided that it would only be right for all other networks to go black for an hour on Sunday nights to show RESPECT for Breaking Bad and what it manages to do to my blood pressure on a regular basis.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just getting into Breaking Bad - plowing through it now that it's on Netflix Instant. What a stressful show! I'm on the fourth episode of season 3 now and I really think my heart might give out.

I've only seen the first episode, and lakjakljaskjsakljsdaklsajk I WANT TO SEE MORE but I don't have Netflix or a TV. :(

My boyfriend got me into it. It's all his fault.

Am I alone in getting a morbid kick out of the fact that, given Gus's final appearance, the season finale was called "Face Off"?

• 10 months later...

Am I alone in thinking that the final thirty seconds of the "Breaking Bad" season finale was like a punch in the guts? And that having to wait till NEXT FREAKING SUMMER for the new season is like an even worse punch in the guts?

Well, Hank is no dummy, he'd keep going until he gets to the bottom of his hunches. AMC likes to torture us. (I followed The Killing for both seasons) i think The Sopranos made me wait almost 2 yrs between seasons.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived