IGNORED

Girls being compared to apples

THERetroGamerNY

On 2/16/2016 at 8:28 PM, GenerationCedarchip said:

My first thought was that the meme seemed dreadful beyond most of the tales I've heard in purity culture.

My second thought was to notice that the source of this info is an article written by Vyckie from No Longer Quivering, so I have to admit wondering if this meme really is going about the conservative Christan social media as alleged. That's my own personal bias, as I have trouble trusting her as a source.

I, somehow, have several fundieish (maybe fundie lite) "friends" on facebook.  I also have a few very conservative christians (teabaggers, essentially) and this story was posted on my feed several times in the last couple days.   I haven't seen the meme, but I don't really read my wall these days because I can't take all the political crap in this election year.   I'd rather not know which of my "friends" are crazy :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16.2.2016 at 2:52 AM, salex said:

This apple comparison is from the website of the Von guy who thought the Pearls were too lenient in letting their daughters pick their husbands and who betrothed his son to a girl the moment they first met..... 

Thanks for confirming my initial thought! The "giving to those in need" part read so much like him. He is the fundy dad who openly admits not prioritising his daughter's well being when picking a husband for her. The groom's "need" for a wife is a driving force for him to marry off daughters. Never heard any other fundy dad openly admit it. It makes me sick, btw.

41 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Thanks for confirming my initial thought! The "giving to those in need" part read so much like him. He is the fundy dad who openly admits not prioritising his daughter's well being when picking a husband for her. The groom's "need" for a wife is a driving force for him to marry off daughters. Never heard any other fundy dad openly admit it. It makes me sick, btw.

WTF.  He bases it off the needs of other men, rather on what would be best for his own flesh and blood?  What a psycho.

10 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

WTF.  He bases it off the needs of other men, rather on what would be best for his own flesh and blood?  What a psycho.

Yup. His site is called "Let Them Marry". He is, of course, the only fundy REALLY applying TRUE biblical principals, you know. All the other Bible-thumpers are wrong! :special-snowflake2:

I'd recommend the read, btw. One of my favorite fundy rabbit holes.

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Yup. His site is called "Let Them Marry". He is, of course, the only fundy REALLY applying TRUE biblical principals, you know. All the other Bible-thumpers are wrong! :special-snowflake2:

I'd recommend the read, btw. One of my favorite fundy rabbit holes.

Vaughn Ohlman is the site's owner; he's been discussed here on FJ before. And in the irony department, his Facebook friends include David Botkin (brother to the unmarried 30 year-old Anna-Sofia and 28 year-old Elizabeth); Kelly Reins (still single at 39); Nattie Darnell, perpetual bachelor; and Jacob Pennington, still living at home under the thumb of his parents. It's a wonder he deigns to have anything to do with them...

Archived