IGNORED

Jim Bob Duggar Endorses Ray Comfort's New Movie

debrand

180 is Coming...

Some atheists are getting a little nervous, because millions are going to see "180," think about their eternal destiny and what they believe about abortion, and do a 180. And we know what that means.

Here are just some of the endorsements from those who have seen the whole video:

"Brilliant and powerful." Joseph Farah - CEO WND.com

"Life-changing!" Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar - TLC's 19 Kids & Counting

Really? Comfort has a lot of people prolife people, saying how great the movie is. How the heck can it be life changing when Jim Bob wasn't prochoice before he watched the movie?

http://www.raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/

You need to check out the WeAreSmrt forums. Some members (mentioning no names *cough*) got hold of the 'movie' a couple of weeks ago. They have uploaded it to various places online, beating Ray's official release date. They have also done a debunking of it.

I've seen it, it's dreadful. The images of a fetus was one from an ectopic pregnancy. It is full of lies, misleading crap and ad hominem attacks as well as a good old dose of godwin's law thrown in.

According to Ray, anyone who sees it will change to pro-life in less than a minute. Which is bullshite because I'm still pro-choice even after torturing my eyes watching it. Several people on Atheist Central (which we affectionately term as The Swamp) have asked Ray if it is so ground breaking, why wait until the 26th to release it? No answer from him which is no surprise.

Meant to add that Ray has even bought it - yes you read that right, he bought it - a Telly Award.

One of the previous winners was a fish tank.

Huh, I saw 180 and though it'd be about atheists who become theists. That'd be a much more compelling movie and tackle Ray's favorite hobby horse, conversion, so of course they didn't do it.

It's really stupid that he thinks anyone who is pro-choice is automatically an atheist, especially since the Bible says literally nothing on the topic of abortion.

I bet the Duggars didn't even watch it, and just agreed to an endorsment because they knew it was pro-life.

The Duggars and Ray were all "comfy" this summer. Now I know why. I have some free time now...I'll hunt down this POS and watch it.

It's really stupid that he thinks anyone who is pro-choice is automatically an atheist, especially since the Bible says literally nothing on the topic of abortion.

I agree, I know several people who are Christians and pro-choice and they get annoyed when sometimes when people think they are atheists. I remember a couple of years ago a blogger was bashing the TV show Friday Night Lights, because one of the main characters who is Christian supports a girl who gets an abortion. This blogger even said that a Christian being pro-choice isn't realistic. I had to sort of laugh at that posting.

I agree with another poster, Boob probably endorsed Comfort's movie because it is pro-life and he probably hasn't seen it.

You need to check out the WeAreSmrt forums. Some members (mentioning no names *cough*) got hold of the 'movie' a couple of weeks ago. They have uploaded it to various places online, beating Ray's official release date.

The movie sounds pretty bad, and I'm all for a debunking, but what they did is really not okay. Still going to check out those forums, though...

According to the Duggars' online photo album, they still bring their kids to anti-choice protests. I bet that JimBob has not only seen the movie, he's forced the kids to watch it, too.

The movie sounds pretty bad, and I'm all for a debunking, but what they did is really not okay. Still going to check out those forums, though...

If you want to see the movie go here: rutube.ru/tracks/4791504.html

That's where WeAreSmrt uploaded it to. It's sort of a Russian version of youtube. Ray can't get it removed from there.

The only people who are going to waste time watching this are people who are already pro-life. It's not going to make anyone do a 180 :roll:

I'm pro-life and I have no intention of watching it. I think films like that turn more people off than switch people's minds.

Nell

According to the Duggars' online photo album, they still bring their kids to anti-choice protests. I bet that JimBob has not only seen the movie, he's forced the kids to watch it, too.

I don't believe in taking kids to any protests, no matter the cause. Until a kid is old enough to decide for himself/herself they don't need to be protesting. I have a friend on the far left who takes her very young kids to all kinds of protests and I think it's wrong. I am pro-life but have never participated in a protest and never will. The hospital where I've had various cancer surgeries does abortions and I've had a few pro-life people tell me I should be going elsewhere. Nope, not gonna happen. Why would I switch hospitals when I have a great team of doctors? And abortion is legal, like it or not.

Nell

I bet that JimBob has not only seen the movie, he's forced the kids to watch it, too.

My older son was made to watch The Silent Cry in 8th grade at a Catholic school. It made him throw up and he was haunted by bad dreams for weeks. I was furious with the school. They had no right to make any student watch that film without first notifying the parents. I would have kept him home if that was the only way for him to not see that movie. My son is adopted and this film was just too much for him at that time in his development.

Nell

My older son was made to watch The Silent Cry in 8th grade at a Catholic school. It made him throw up and he was haunted by bad dreams for weeks. I was furious with the school. They had no right to make any student watch that film without first notifying the parents. I would have kept him home if that was the only way for him to not see that movie. My son is adopted and this film was just too much for him at that time in his development.

Nell

You might want to reassure him that Silent Scream has been proven to be a fake.

You might want to reassure him that Silent Scream has been proven to be a fake.

Kind of late for that now, he's 34 y.o.

Nell

Archived