IGNORED

Feline niece was ill this past weekend

47of74

My feline niece Maggie was sick this past weekend.  She had to spend some time at a pet hospital.  She hadn't been eating or moving and had blood in her stool so the vet had her go to the hospital. 

IMG_6766.thumb.jpg.1deb86d5769e4b7e4f2f7

Once they got her to the hospital she improved and after they saw her eating they discharged her.  So Maggie is home now resting comfortably.  Maggie has to take medicine twice a day now so my brother in law is going to stay at home in St. Louis so he can make sure Maggie gets her medicine as needed and just my sister is coming home.

I'm glad Maggie is getting better.  Yes she's 14 years old but I hope she still has a few more years left with us.

12 minutes ago, Howl said:

She looks super good for 14!  Sweet, cute little kitty.

I've had people tell me that she looks and acts much younger than she actually is.  She still likes to play and get into play dust ups with her adoptive brother Marvel.

Glad to hear Maggie just needs some meds.  These things are scary.  One of my dog-nephews fell ill a few weeks ago.  Turns out all he needed was some antibiotics to right him, but boy, the waiting was scary.  

Wishing you guys many more years with Maggie.   Who cares if she's old?  She is a member of the family, and that is the only fact that matters. :)

@47of74, how far is the drive from your sister's place?  Sigh, I wish cats were the travelers dogs are.  That way Maggie (and BIL) could come and bask in the attention of the extended family.

2 hours ago, AreteJo said:

@47of74, how far is the drive from your sister's place?  Sigh, I wish cats were the travelers dogs are.  That way Maggie (and BIL) could come and bask in the attention of the extended family.

About 330 miles.  We can do the trip in about 5.5 hours.  I'm in eastern Iowa and they're near St. Louis.  Maggie and Marvel don't travel well and even if they did they might not want to stress her by having her in a car for that long.  Now if they could I'd be all for Maggie and Marvel to come visit us here in Iowa.

Yeah I hope we have many more years with Maggie.  She's such a sweet girl cat.

Aww. I'm glad Maggie's feeling a bit better. I've noticed the vet hospitals will try and get your pet out as soon as possible because they do recuperate much better at home (which is no surprise really). Hope she continues to improve! :)

Archived