IGNORED

Princess Bride Star fed up with Cruz quoting his lines

sawasdee

Mandy Patinkin, who played Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride, is upset that Cruz is selectively quoting from the movie.

www.rawstory.com/2015/12/princess-bride-actor-to-ted-cruz-you-keep-quoting-our-movie-but-it-does-not-mean-what-you-think-it-means/comments/

It's quite something when you can even make The Princess Bride into a political controversy!

Gotta love Mandy Patinkin.

The line Cruz likes to toss around ignorantly (which is undoubtedly awesome)

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die

The part Cruz leaves out 

I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it’s over, I don’t know what to do with the rest of my life.

Patinkin's message

I would love for Senator Cruz, and everyone creating fear mongering and hatred, to consider creating hope, optimism, and love. Open your arms to these people, these refugees trying to get into our country, and open your hearts.

I am so saddened to think that people go through life entirely missing the point of such a great movie.  

A while back, Ted was reading from Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor in protest of Obamacare. He missed the point of that book, so it doesn't surprise me that the message of The Princess Bride sailed over his head.

I have loved Mandy Patinkin since he was on Chicago Hope.   I think I've watched every TV series he's been in except Homeland.   He was great in Alien Nation.

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

I have loved Mandy Patinkin since he was on Chicago Hope.   I think I've watched every TV series he's been in except Homeland.   He was great in Alien Nation.

He also seems to be a very moral man - he left Criminal Minds because he didn't like what he felt was the exploitative nature of the scripts. I can understand why he has criticised Trump.

8 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

He also seems to be a very moral man - he left Criminal Minds because he didn't like what he felt was the exploitative nature of the scripts. I can understand why he has criticised Trump.

I loved him on Criminal Minds.   I just binge watched the first 10 seasons.   I also loved him in Dead Like Me.

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

A while back, Ted was reading from Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor in protest of Obamacare. He missed the point of that book, so it doesn't surprise me that the message of The Princess Bride sailed over his head.

Ted Cruz seems like the sort of person who would think that Into the Woods is a nice, bouncy musical about fairy tales. Or that Titanic is a nice romantic movie about people on a cruise.

Mandy Patinkin is the bees knees.  We fairly worship him in this family; I have ever since Yentl.  If you don't have any of his albums, you must get some - his singing voice is divine.  

Ted Cruz is a tool.  

On 15/12/2015 at 5:09 AM, Curious said:

You're kinda missing out on Saul Berenson.

On 12/16/2015 at 10:48 AM, danvillebelle said:

Mandy Patinkin is the bees knees.  We fairly worship him in this family; I have ever since Yentl.  If you don't have any of his albums, you must get some - his singing voice is divine.  

Ted Cruz is a tool.  

I watched Yentl many, many moons ago and don't remember him being in it.   I'll have to see if they have it on netflix and watch it again.

I have heard him sing, but didn't realize he had albums out.  I'll have to check that out as well.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Does anyone watch Homeland?   It's not the type of show I would watch normally, but when I see the ads with him in it, I am tempted.

5 hours ago, Curious said:
5 hours ago, Curious said:

I watched Yentl many, many moons ago and don't remember him being in it.   I'll have to see if they have it on netflix and watch it again.

I have heard him sing, but didn't realize he had albums out.  I'll have to check that out as well.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Does anyone watch Homeland?   It's not the type of show I would watch normally, but when I see the ads with him in it, I am tempted.

I watch homeland. I have not seen any of the current season since we don't get Showtime. It is one my favorite shows.

Just now, Ali said:

I watch homeland. I have not seen any of the current season since we don't get Showtime. It is one my favorite shows.

Thanks.  I guess I'll give it a try.  I'm looking for something to binge watch now that I finished Criminal Minds, anyway.

I think Homeland is great.  The first season is just phenomenal.  

How can you not remember Mandy being in Yentl?  He's the main character besides Barbra, he's her love interest! :)

Archived