IGNORED

Kittens!!!!

ILoveJellybeans

My 12 year old found some kittens! We have had them for weeks now, and put up posters, but nobody has claimed them. Two of them are black and one is black and white.

blackandwhite3_zpshqsczaol.jpgizzy_zpsyg3lim9x.jpg

izzy2_zpsxrdn2med.jpgkitten2_zpsrhdrixmx.jpgkitty%20friends_zpsespoebk0.jpg

kitten4_zps8mxnnc01.jpgkitten3_zpshntmzvff.jpgkitty%20cuddle_zpsu08m0iv4.jpg

The kids have named the biggest black one Izzy, but I have no idea what we are going to call the little black one and the black and white one. Theyre all female.

Its awesome having kittens. They play fight, do little squeaky meows and like to cuddle. The feline headship is not overtly impressed, but she will get used to them eventually.

Awww! This is so sweet ! :my_heart: 

I have a black kitty too, and although he's already a year and a half he's still a crazy fluff ball, who loves cuddles and lots of attention :) .

I have a black kitty too, and although he's already a year and a half he's still a crazy fluff ball, who loves cuddles and lots of attention :) .

I have a black kitty too...she's 14 and still loves cuddles and attention!  

I have a black kitty too...she's 14 and still loves cuddles and attention!  

Black kitties rule !!!! :D

We've got a black yardcat who's been around for years.  He's a sweetie, but he sprays so we can't bring him in. Our yard is fenced and he almost never leaves it...why would he? He's fat and happy!  :cat:

• 2 weeks later...

Houses full of kittens are the best ones! Here's some more pictures of my new friends.

3littlekittens_zps3g7psebg.jpgmittens2_zpssvmw19h9.jpgmittens_zpss8gewymx.jpg

izzy3_zpsxr0xb9dn.jpgkittenbox_zpskakdm2oj.jpg

And to not leave out Socks, the oldest feline headship, she is nearly three years old. Meow.

socksthemodel_zps3bdf2ec7.png

Forget about Baby Seewald, one of my kittens also needs a name. The biggest black one is Izzy. The black and white one is Mittens. We have no name we can all agree on for the tiny black kitten.

We're adopting another feline headship in a couple of weeks when Husband has time off work - waaaaah I want to get it NOW! I really just want to go get one 'cos he's home now until Friday, so you know, why not :confusion-shrug: *sigh*

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait! And FJ will be bombarded with kitten photos!

@ILoveJellybeans - they are gorgeous, you are SO lucky! As are the kitties :my_biggrin:

I would call the black one Sooty, Suky (Sookie?) or Ebony

I love all of these cute cats! They're so fluffy and adorable. :)

Here are a few name suggestions: Shadow, Cole, Blueberry, Mango, TicTac. And because he has a white spot on his chest, I also thought of Ocean, the black kitty in Neil Gaiman's "The Ocean at the end of the lane". 

In some pictures, particularly the one where he is sitting, he looks a lot like a friend''s cat, Prillan.

Oh, and Socks is a cutie! :)

The one with the white spot on the chest is Izzy, she looks really tiny in that picture as it was taken earlier than the other pictures, but shes actually the biggest of the three. You can tell them apart because the tiny unnamed black one is smaller than the other two and has orangey coloured eyes. Also the collar colours, now they have them-Socks has brown with pink hearts, Izzy has dark blue with light blue hearts, Mittens has turquoise with silver cats on and the tiny black kitten has pink with silver cats on. :)

Aww Amber is nice :) 

Do you all have a kitty each, or aren't there enough, IIRC you have 4 or so kids? Or are all of them just everyones? I bet the kids are all loving them to pieces :)

How is Socks taking the new arrivals? I'm not sure at all how our current feline headship is going to take to a new kitten :confusion-shrug:

I'm trying to persuade husband to let me go pick out an adoption kitty NOW, and bring it home ASAP (I think we have to be approved by the shelter first - whatever that entails). I'm not good at waiting...

Not quite enough for a kitty each-me and 4 kids :)  The kitties belong to everyone, although Socks is very much my baby. I am the only one allowed to give her tummy rubs, she sleeps on my pillow and when I come home she runs up to me meowing to greet me. The kids love the kittens, although the 7 year old is a bit wary when they run around or are playfighting with eachother.

Socks has not met the kittens yet, except for very briefly when I was carrying a kitten into another room and she saw the kitten and they both hissed. She will stand outside the room the kittens are in (either the living room or one of the bedrooms) and sometimes hiss. I plan on introducing them gradually.

The kittens are funny! Earlier Amber climbed fully up the curtains-Izzy has also tried but cant get all the way up. Also I was petting Mittens, then Amber came along so I petted her, but Mittens came over and sat on Amber and then nudged my hand with her nose. They like to rummage in the trash for cat food packets that still smell good.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my fur niece TK.  My sister-in-law found her when she was just a couple weeks old at her old place.  She kept hearing this noise and when she finally checked the shed she found this little kitten who was only about two weeks old.  She took TK in, took her to the vet, and fed her from a little bottle.  She tried to give TK away to friends but no one was interested, so she wound up keeping TK and brought her along when she moved in with my brother.  Raised her up to the young lady (and complete brat) she is today.

tk.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My cousin rescued two babies from a rottweiler (Mom and at least one sibling were killed by it).  Not sure how old they were, but when I first met them (about a week later) they could fit in the palm of my hand (one of them).

I've attached an early pic of the brother/sister pair, and one again from a few weeks ago of just him (she doesn't really like the phone/camera).

IMG_65341.jpg

20160109_135114.jpg

I am counting down the days until I can get kittens -- waiting for the construction project to finish (more or less just window sills and trim left, plus a few days' worth of finishing details on other projects) -- I want a month or more of no one coming to the house who hasn't been invited, no one going in/out constantly etc, time to let the kittens get used to their new house before I start letting them outside -- and that will be a whole project unto itself, because there are lots of neighbor cats who hang out in my yard, but aren't strays that I could adopt, and I don't have an easy way to keep them out while the kittens learn that this is THEIR yard...

I think I want 3 cats all told, but will have to see who the shelter has, probably won't get all 3 at once, but on the other hand, just might...

Anyway, it's probably a month or three away (I often travel for a week in early spring to visit my mom, and if that's upcoming, I might as well wait until I return before getting them...  Sigh...  There's always something...) :face_cat:

Church of dog, many shelters have cats that need to go together (ie a sibling pair/trio).

The little guys I posted above are nothing without each other and have a very strong bond.  When Mom was killed, they were all each other had.  (If you get babies, get them fixed ASAP because for awhile he was mounting her).

Sibling kitties are the best :) Mine are all sisters, so no mounting going on, but yeah, brother and sister cats can have babies, so get them spayed/neutered before they reach cat puberty. Mine have been done recently, one kitty a month, just need to finish their vaccinations (they have the second dose in 3 weeks).

Theyre 9 months old now, and are big! Amber is still the smallest though, shes the same size the others were at 7 months. Shes perfectly healthy, shes just the runt of the litter I guess. She is the feistiest kitten though, Mittens is a total sweetheart, and Izzy is the playful attention seeker.

amber4_zpsobozeesq.jpgizzy4_zpsvvz21h9j.jpgmittens3_zpsbdabze78.jpg

Amber, Izzy, Mittens

And my little sausage Socks. She woke me up this morning by walking across my face.

socks7_zpsic87biwp.jpg

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Church of dog, many shelters have cats that need to go together (ie a sibling pair/trio).

The little guys I posted above are nothing without each other and have a very strong bond.  When Mom was killed, they were all each other had.  (If you get babies, get them fixed ASAP because for awhile he was mounting her).

yes, littermates do need to be fixed--one of my babies is inbred this way.  Grandma cat was a pregnant stray adopted by a relative.  relative kept 2 of grandma's babies with the intent of getting everyone fixed; Grandma went first.  brother got sister knocked up before age 5 months and immediately got snipped.  sister was done shortly after the babies were weaned.

two of the grandkittens stayed within the family, and both have health issues.  one has liver problems, and mine has seizures and appears to have cognitive issues (he gets lost in the house, and frequently sits in the middle of a room and stares into space for several minutes at a time).

@ilovejellybeans, how lucky that yours are all girls.  and are they the cutest!!  we have a black kitten (well, he's nearly 2), and he's a holy terror, but he's so darn cute he gets away with everything.

Mine are little terrors too, so far I have lost one vase, a dragon ornament and pretty much everything that was on the Christmas tree. Mittens also has a fondness for dirty laundry, especially underwear. She pulls it out of the basket and rolls on it.

• 1 month later...

My kittens are 11 months old this month! Theyre growing up fast!

3littlekittens3_zpsf9dfsmfh.jpgbasket%20of%20kittens_zpsgjppdgta.jpg

I had a cat treat right on the camera, so they would look :) I caught up on the laundry, a basket of kittens is way happier.

amber7_zpsfpahybrt.jpgizzy7_zpsiznkpaoe.jpgizzy6_zpszsrlkdcu.jpgmittens4_zpsvuxx5e2j.jpg

Amber and her orange eyes, sometimes the cat treat on the camera doesn't work for Izzy....much better! Mittens is Santa Paws-Socks was Santa Claws, there are no pictures of her in the hat.

izzy5_zps7vakmnn5.jpgamber5_zpselzy8oih.jpgsocks4_zps58l5ba0q.jpg

Izzy, Amber, and big sister Socks (3).

socks10_zpss4cwmdmn.jpgmittens3_zpsiu9dpxlg.jpg4%20cats_zpsb299emtx.jpg

Socks, Mittens and all 4 cats eating together nicely. Starting from the one with the purple bowl and going around clockwise, there is Mittens, Amber, Izzy and Socks. Theyre almost as big as Socks is now (except for Amber, but she has always been the smallest). Socks tolerates her little kitten sisters now.

Archived