IGNORED

Isn't it ironic that Lina reads this blog?

Dinorah

In Lina's blogroll, there's "You're not crazy" a blog by a convert to Orthodox Judaism. As in, a real one. Amongst her posts of note, there's this one:

crazyjewishconvert.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-all-branches-of-judaism-can-agree.html

Like other converts, she also makes it very obvious that conversion is a very long, drawn and demanding process, which has absolutely nothing to do with getting up one day deciding you "practice Judaism" and peppering your posts with Hebrew terms.

Funny how Messianics seem oblivious to these issues.

Oh, and incidentally Kochava/Skylar must be an evil feminist since -gasp!- she went to law school and sat the bar exam.

Edited to fix link

Can we have a proper link please? There's too many DOTs for my pad.

I've fixed it in the OP now, I'm sorry I didn't do it properly before but I'm relatively new and not super computer-literate. I'm not even sure breaking is necessary in this case since the blogger in question isn't a fundie, but I thought it might be better to err on the side of caution.

I have a friend who converted to Orthodox Judaism. She lived in Israel for a few years as part of her conversion. It was a very involved, long process to actually be able to identify as an Orthodox Jew.

Nell

In Lina's blogroll, there's "You're not crazy" a blog by a convert to Orthodox Judaism. As in, a real one. Amongst her posts of note, there's this one:

crazyjewishconvert.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-all-branches-of-judaism-can-agree.html

Like other converts, she also makes it very obvious that conversion is a very long, drawn and demanding process, which has absolutely nothing to do with getting up one day deciding you "practice Judaism" and peppering your posts with Hebrew terms.

Funny how Messianics seem oblivious to these issues.

Oh, and incidentally Kochava/Skylar must be an evil feminist since -gasp!- she went to law school and sat the bar exam.

Edited to fix link

Ironic indeed. I wonder if Lina has read that post!

I remember when that post went up, because I read that blog pretty regularly. I suspect, though I have nothing to base this on except a personal hunch and timing, that it was a direct result of Kochava finding out that she was linked on Lina's blog; she probably noticed that there were hits coming from there. I seem to remember Lina taking her link down (or hiding it or something) shortly after that post came up, since it made her look even more ridiculous than usual, but I guess she's put it back up or something.

I don't always agree with Kochava's take on things, but it really is a great, interesting blog. I've gotten some really good book and website recommendations there (no surprise, seeing as how she's a lawyer- or will be one soon).

I was wondering that too, either that or with other fake Jews in mind.

It's odd that Lina reads Kochava and Chaviva and doesn't realize what a demanding process conversion is.

Archived