IGNORED

There's No Place Like Home

Cheetah

On 2/14/2016 at 10:20 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

OMG, I had to zoom in on the picture to verify, but I am pretty sure you are right (and I think it is Emma). Guess that's how they solved that pesky problem of too many kids for the van.  I sincerely hope that they had a seat processionally installed, but even then I question the safety. Also, I hope Emma chose to sit there and wasn't assigned that seat... She is the Mulvahil's most cognitively challenged child and placing her in the back, sort of isolated and maybe not even in a legal/safe seat just seems mean to me.

I have no idea about Florida and Minnesota. But, here in New Mexico, my cousin and his ex(second)-wife were fined for a similar incident. My cousin had three kids from his first marriage and his second wife also had three kids from her first marriage.  They drove from Colorado to New Mexico to visit us and they brought the ex-wife's niece with them. They came in 7 person minI-van. The two smallest kids actually rode in the cargo area of the van. They got busted for speeding and the state police officer saw were the smallest kids were sitting.

Jean is totally trying to fool us/the world/ whoever, so before she edits her post from in Gator land ... she calls Joy - Joy in the beginning and then slips near the end when she type; 

"And then big brother Johnny held him!
Jenny and Emma felt safe with Johnny in charge!"

With a picture of Joy, Johnny and Emma

Oh Jean ... why not be more transparent 

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 6.35.11 AM.jpg

She's terrible. This used to be one family we discuss here that I actually liked.  Now I see Jean is as phony as the rest of them.  I truly believe she and her husband have an addiction to adopting these kids.  I'm sort of afraid to see what their next big 'fix' will be.  

Also, in the post before this most recent one, did you see she hinted at changes coming?  Anyone have any guesses as to what those changes are?  My guesses are either they are moving to FL full time or else will be acquiring more rehomed children (which they will of course lie about and claim they came from China, just like she did with Joy/Jenny).  

• Upvote 1

What the f was wrong with letting Joy keep her real name????  I can understand changing a name if the child is too young to know better, or if their name is a foreign name that might not adapt well in English, but in Joy's case she had a perfectly English sounding name, and is clearly old enough to have become used to her name.  

• Upvote 2

I WILL put a dog into this fight, despite being all kinds of really culturally impaired (uuuh, way more comfy with four-footed cats as opposed to children), and totally not politically correct.

Dear Blessed Eternal, PLEASE let children know they are loved and desired because they are SPECIAL and wonderful, and that there are people who WANT them, who weep in the night in sorrow because of empty arms, who are totally WANTING to hold and raise children who need love and care--forget background, forget race, forget gender, forget religion---this is a CHILD who needs a home!

Am hoping LOTS of these would-be parents could see there ARE cultural differences, and this WILL take work, and may they embrace difference, and just pour out LOTS of love and caring for the sake of the children.

May children and parents find each other, and learn to love and respect differences, and WORK with this.

May many scared, frightened, starved, Otherwise Limited Kids--for whatever reason--find good loving folks of all nations who hold out arms and say "come here!---you are OUR children!"

For me, personally, this is an obscenity beyond belief---that children should suffer, AND that people who beg for children should not look beyond race, culture, or religion.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I know her name was too close to Joey, one of her other kids...but why not start calling Joey by his full name (or call him Joe), or even refer to Joy by her first and middle name (or if she doesn't have one, give her one or let her pick one)

• Upvote 1

I knew a girl in high school who'd had a really horrific life in her bio home.  She and her younger sisters were removed and placed in foster care.  By the time I met her, she and her younger sisters had been with a particular foster mother for some time.  About a year after I met her, adoption of these girls by their foster mother went through.  My friend was absolutely elated.  And something she, herself, had insisted upon was a name change.  Not a drastic change - these aren't the names, but think along the lines of Janice to Jeanine.  She was so happy.  To her, it was symbolic of moving forward, of separating from her past under the old name, starting fresh.  Though nothing could undo the past, it was as though some of her burden had been lifted.

I just...don't see this as likely to be all the same thing.  For the very same reasons it was such a relief to the girl I knew to change her name, it could be painful and minimizing or even dehumanizing to another child to have their name changed for them.  To add the loss of a child's name and identity to a life so full of separations and adjustments to identity (new families and such) to begin with just seems cruel.  They're both lovely names, but one of them was hers.  Why can't this child have just one constant in her life?  These are children, not puppies, and certainly not accessories. :angry-banghead:

• Upvote 4

On 2/26/2016 at 8:51 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

She's terrible. This used to be one family we discuss here that I actually liked.  Now I see Jean is as phony as the rest of them.  I truly believe she and her husband have an addiction to adopting these kids.  I'm sort of afraid to see what their next big 'fix' will be.  

Also, in the post before this most recent one, did you see she hinted at changes coming?  Anyone have any guesses as to what those changes are?  My guesses are either they are moving to FL full time or else will be acquiring more rehomed children (which they will of course lie about and claim they came from China, just like she did with Joy/Jenny).  

I hope it's a move to Florida and no more adoptions of rehomed kids. I wonder if she is hinting at putting some of the younger kids in school next fall.  I also noticed in one of her recent posts she mentioned something about Mandarin. I hope she and Jim are learning that.

Jean has become hard to like over the past several months. I'm still mixed on her and I agree there is an addiction. I think she and Jim might have stared  off with good intentions and then the addiction started. I think they might have seen other large adoptive families in the blogging world, news articles, or documentaries and thought they could do the same. I believe that some couples who have large adoptive families are truly kind people who want to make a difference, but those same people don't/didn't adopt too frequently and some knew when to stop.

I just can't imagine how hard it is for this poor little girl. Her first adoptive family took her away from the only life she'd ever known, brought it to this country gave her a new name and promised her that she be part of a forever family. Then she lost her forever family. Now she has a new name (because it's more convenient for the family?). She must be terrified to lose her second family.

• Upvote 3

Just saw this comment on the No Place Like Home blog's latest post (the one about the golden child and golden grandchildren coming to Florida for a visit):

Hi Jean, 

We are a casting company in Los Angeles that specializes in high quality documentary series. Our programming looks to educate viewers on the unique life stories of interesting individuals. 

We are currently looking to create a show around a large family such as yours, and have you share your story. I would love to discuss this more with you, so if you have a moment, please send me an email or give me a call on the number listed below. 

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!

Julia

I removed her contact info, but she is from MAC Worldwide Inc.  I doubt the Mulvahils would do this (they don't seem to need the money) but I think it would be interesting to watch if it ever did happen.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Just saw this comment on the No Place Like Home blog's latest post (the one about the golden child and golden grandchildren coming to Florida for a visit):

We are a casting company in Los Angeles that specializes in high quality documentary series. Our programming looks to educate viewers on the unique life stories of interesting individuals. 

We are currently looking to create a show around a large family such as yours, and have you share your story. I would love to discuss this more with you, so if you have a moment, please send me an email or give me a call on the number listed below. 

I removed her contact info, but she is from MAC Worldwide Inc.  I doubt the Mulvahils would do this (they don't seem to need the money) but I think it would be interesting to watch if it ever did happen.

I so want to contact that woman and put the Rodrigues family up for their consideration.

• Upvote 7

If it's one of doc series that focuses on a different family each episode, I think there might be a small chance the Mulvahills would do it.

I'm betting that woman from the casting family has probably contacted Ann Belles or the Murphy family in Georgia. There are several other well known large families with bio and adoptive kids and some are blogging or well known in their areas.

8 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I so want to contact that woman and put the Rodrigues family up for their consideration.

Noooooooooooo!  Don't you dare. That family does not need more public exposure!  

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Hey, it might be a cross between 19KAC and Honey BooBoo, but at least the kids might get enough to eat for a change.

• Upvote 4

On 3/3/2016 at 0:49 PM, lilwriter85 said:
On 3/3/2016 at 0:49 PM, lilwriter85 said:

If it's one of doc series that focuses on a different family each episode, I think there might be a small chance the Mulvahills would do it.

I'm betting that woman from the casting family has probably contacted Ann Belles or the Murphy family in Georgia. There are several other well known large families with bio and adoptive kids and some are blogging or well known in their areas.

It wasn't the same contact or agency, but at least one other large family discussed on FJ has been approached about a series about them in the not too distant past (and they allude to the second wave of Duggar stuff coming out impacting a network signing it, so that actually narrows the timeline of context  for when it was pitched)

They got as far as having a pitch video of their family made that was shopped around and have blogged openly about it not long ago.

http://www.thelongwaytogo.com/when-they-wanted-to-put-us-on-television/

On 2016-03-04 at 5:34 AM, Queen Of Hearts said:

Yes, do!!!

I'm curious if TLC and other networks  would be a bit gunshy about doing shows about super fundie homeschooling families. 

Sorry if this has already been posted here, but I stumbled upon a fundraising page for Joise, the child that the Hameloth Family gave up. She got out of rehab at the end of December and her new family the Musser are trying to raise money to build her a room/remodel their house. There are photos of the constructions.

https://www.youcaring.com/joe-and-susanna-musser-397384

UPDATE:  A donor who wishes to remain anonymous offered us a breathtakingly large sum toward Josie's room and told us they want us to be free to move ahead and begin building and to use our HELOC loan to add a second floor to the addition.

We want to thank everyone who has donated to Josie's room so far!

All funds given through this YouCaring fundraiser and the large donation given by the donor mentioned above are being used to help build Josie's room.

Our family is paying for the materials and labor (minus donated materials and labor) for the second floor addition, for converting the master bedroom to a second floor laundry room with changing rooms, for the widened driveway with ramp/sidewalk, wheelchair pad and railing, for the extensive septic work we were required to do because of building this addition, for the propane tank and HVAC system we had installed in the whole house, for the laminate flooring in the living room and school room which will make it easier for Josie to navigate those rooms with her walker, and of course, for all the furnishings for the new rooms.

Every laborer who volunteered time and skills understands that his or her labor is being applied to the project as a whole.  There have also been donations given outside the YouCaring fundraiser, some stipulated for various purposes and some given to be used as needed toward the general project.  In every case, we are being conscientious to ensure that the wishes of each donor are honored.

We are so grateful to be able to implement the most economically sensible plan--to add the second floor at the same time as the first floor rather than some years down the road.  Adding 1000 square feet of carefully designed space to our 1300 square foot home will be a tremendous blessing for everyone in our sixteen member household.

However, an even bigger blessing is the many, many of you who have shared with us and rejoiced with us at this unexpected gift God is seeing fit to give us.  In a world that is too often cynical, selfish and harsh, we are blown away by your generosity!  We love you and thank God for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A girl named Josie who has moderate physical disabilities but a good level of independence with the appropriate supports in place, as well as an endearing sense of humor and generous measure of pluck and determination, has spent some time with our family on a respite basis and fit right in from the start!

Josie will need a permanent place to live beginning around Christmas time. Her family has stated that for many reasons they have gotten counsel on, thought, discussed, and prayed through, they will only consider transferring legal guardianship to our family.

If we can see God providing for us to add a modest handicapped-accessible bedroom and bathroom onto our home over the next several months, Josie will come here and be part of our family, and we will be her legal guardians. When she was asked whether she would like to come stay with us for a longer time, she lit up and gave an enthusiastic “Yes!”

Our family is unanimous in our own enthusiastic "Yes!” if all necessary supports are in place ahead of time.

The necessities of a van with a wheelchair ramp, adequate help from home health aides, modifications to our driveway to accommodate the school bus, appropriate educational plan within our school district, and other essential supports have already been satisfactorily addressed, or are in the process of being addressed. This addition is the final door that would need to open.

We sincerely thank you in advance for any and all offers of help!

As always, our eyes are on Jesus alone for provision. The provision He sends will determine for us whether or not He is opening the final door for Josie to join our family.

New post up. They had Ben's foster sister with them in the van so now both Ellie and Emma are riding in the back... looks totally illegal. I really hope that the two girls wanted to do it and not that they were relegated there because it was the easiest. I'm also a little concerned about their education. Jean said both Emma and Ellie were being passed by their younger siblings and so public school was a better choice for them - until Jean decided to spend all winter in Florida. They deserve the best education they can get and it doesn't seem likely that public school was the best last year but not this year.

Jean used to be one of my favourite adopting families but things have changed a lot.

My new favourite adopting family is the Curreys at "ordinary time". I would love to take the Maxwells and have them spend a year with that family. I guess it's too late for them but being surrounded by Christians who believe strongly in reading and playing might help a little.

I completely agree with you, Jegfile. I used to think Jean was one of the more normal ones we follow here.  Lately, it is becoming extremely obvious to me that she is putting her addiction to adopting ahead of the safety and well-being of those kids.  

And I also find it extremely weird that while Jean suspects Ben's foster sister is his bio sister, she has yet to do the DNA test.  That is something that could be a real life changer for those kids if true.  My own thought is that maybe Jean would rather not have those connection and is dragging her feet as a result, because then Ben's life wouldn't center completely around Jean and Co.  

• Upvote 1

I did notice the Emma and Ellie in the back as well ... not surprised it is those two that are sitting in the back. I hope that they have at least some sort of seating in there (I do not believe it are two legally correct seats) and not just sitting on the "ground" 

And I also find it very odd that -now a year later- they still have not done the DNA testing for Ben and his foster sister. I wonder how Cassie's family feels about this. 

I was blown away to read Sarah is 16 now, and as Jean types Sarah would love to be younger - which I totally understand. I cannot imagine being 16 and being home schooled and surrounded by a bunch of younger siblings. Her entire world is her family, for Sarah this is all she has known so of course she doesn't want to age. Will this family turn into "the Duggars" with a bunch of stay at home daughters?!

I think they very well could end up with SAHD. She has talked about how they don't let S play with girls her own age or do a lot of things geared towards her age because she is so far behind emotionally. But the longer I read her blog, the more I think they are just hindering Sarah so that she can't do things she should be doing.

(I have no idea where the post is where she wrote that!)

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

And I also find it extremely weird that while Jean suspects Ben's foster sister is his bio sister, she has yet to do the DNA test.  That is something that could be a real life changer for those kids if true.  My own thought is that maybe Jean would rather not have those connection and is dragging her feet as a result, because then Ben's life wouldn't center completely around Jean and Co.  

I wonder that too. But then why would Jean have announced her suspicion in the first place? It's not like we would have known anything about it if she hadn't written it on her blog. Ugh, these people make no sense!

We are planning a trip to Florida and for kicks I checked the admission price for Legoland Florida ... how rich are these people?! A family of 4 seems expensive to me and I do not consider us poor at all, let away a family of 16.

Or is there some secret discount I am not aware of? Anyone know? 

• lilwriter85 changed the title to No Place Like Home child colhttp://www.freejinger.org/topic/25210-no-place-like-home-child-collectors-adopt-a-rehomed-child/lectors adopt a rehomed child