IGNORED

Another Way Early Announcement of Blogger Pregnancy

GenerationCedarchip

Remember Olivia from Her Noble Character? The one who lectured on parenting and marriage even though at the time she had done neither? Well, she got married last month and she's already announcing her pregnancy! I don't know if it's on her blog yet, but I saw it on FB and in a comment she left on CuJo's blog. I'm guessing she must be only 3-4 months along, so I guess she's wasting no time in getting the word out to the world. I have to admit that I'm wondering how actually being married and having a baby will change her views on things - if at all.

3-4 WEEKS along, right? If it's 3-4 months and she only got married last month, that would make her quite the little tramp, right?

That horribly loud and unladylike guffaw was me. Sorry.

3-4 WEEKS along, right? If it's 3-4 months and she only got married last month, that would make her quite the little tramp, right?

Oops - yes. 3-4 weeks along. I must have been thinking of when most people I know announce their pregnancies publicly. :lol:

speaking of really early announcements - what happened to the other woman who announced her pregnancy crazy early - had a miscarriage - got pregnant again right away?

Having just had an unexpected miscarriage at 10 weeks (we didn't announce either the pregnancy or the miscarriage), I can't imagine announcing a pregnancy so early. The idea of having to announce it publicly if, God forbid, something untoward happens seems awful.

That was 110% Surrendered. On August 25th she posted another "belly-shot" of her at 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and said she had made it to 8 weeks. (Those belly shots are so weird. I find them odd at 20 weeks and even odder before that, but I know people like to document that stuff. I just don't know why they put it on blogs.) I hope she doesn't have another miscarriage, because it sounds like she hasn't been in such a good place lately in terms of her mood and maybe feeling a bit depressed.

110surrendered.blogspot.com/2011/08/today-i-am-8-weeks.html

110surrendered.blogspot.com/2011/09/and-i-know-he-watches-me.html

A "belly shot" at 7 1/2 weeks is called bloating, lol.

IKR? I have a facebook friend who's been posting "belly" shots since she was 7 weeks. She's rail-skinny, so you wouldn't be able to see anything at all if she weren't wearing a skintight shirt. I know she's just excited and all, but no, honey, you don't have a baby bump :lol:

The only belly shots I like are the ones at GirlsGoneChild, where she shows you what a full-term twin pregnancy ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE.

Damn, is all I can say.

I didn't go into maternity clothes until 17 weeks, with my first kid. And the idea of someone taking pictures of my abdomen every week is horrifying.

IKR? I have a facebook friend who's been posting "belly" shots since she was 7 weeks. She's rail-skinny, so you wouldn't be able to see anything at all if she weren't wearing a skintight shirt. I know she's just excited and all, but no, honey, you don't have a baby bump :lol:

I can do better then that! I have a "friend" who posts pictures of herself with only a sports bra and pants on to show off her pregnant belly each week.

The only belly shots I like are the ones at GirlsGoneChild, where she shows you what a full-term twin pregnancy ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE.

OMG, did you see her post tonight? a) She looks great! b) She looks totally done. :shock:

I took a couple early on to remeber how skinny I was... But I didn't have a bump until about 4 1/2 months along. And even then if you didn't know I was pregnant or didn't know how I looked before you probably couldn't tell.

If your location didn't say Utah, I'd be convinced from that picture that you were my cousin, also named Jessica. Are you sure you're not really an Art teacher in the South?

Oh man. Too early. I do understand the excitement of a first baby.

But it is added hell to have to "take back" an announcement if you miscarry when everybody and their second-cousin knew you were having a baby. :(

Damn, is all I can say.

I didn't go into maternity clothes until 17 weeks, with my first kid. And the idea of someone taking pictures of my abdomen every week is horrifying.

WOW.... may I say I'm hurting!

I went to high school in rural, eastern North Carolina, so of course everyone I graduated with last year is having a kid, it seems.

I've seen a ton of girls announce on Facebook their pregnancies at around 4 or 5 weeks. It scares me. Not because it's like "oh god, now SHE'S pregnant too!" but because I know a girl who's just a year older than I am, married, TRYING to have a baby, and has miscarried twice. Last year she announced her pregnancy at around 8 weeks. She lost the baby two weeks later. She's pregnant again, now at (I think) 22 weeks.

A lot of pregnancies fail, and the ones that do mostly fail very early on. I'd hate to announce that I was 3 weeks along and then have to tell everyone the next week that I'd lost the kid. And for fundies that's just... it's terrible. They don't realize that early miscarriages are caused by chromosomal problems, so they think it's their fault somehow. Yeah, it's horrible to miscarry, but I can't imagine how horrible it would be if your whole purpose, your entire EXISTENCE depended on how many "blessings" God gives you.

How can the average woman even know she's pregnant at 3 weeks? That's basically a period that's a few days late, and if I just went through the stress of marriage and a big life change, I'd be more likely to chalk it up that instead of pregnancy. How early can peesticks detect pregnancy, and how accurate are they at 3 weeks anyway? I wonder how many fundie girls think they are pregnant when they actually aren't and then think they had a miscarriage once they get their period.

How can the average woman even know she's pregnant at 3 weeks? That's basically a period that's a few days late, and if I just went through the stress of marriage and a big life change, I'd be more likely to chalk it up that instead of pregnancy. How early can peesticks detect pregnancy, and how accurate are they at 3 weeks anyway? I wonder how many fundie girls think they are pregnant when they actually aren't and then think they had a miscarriage once they get their period.

Generally the tests, as far as I know, say that they can be tried on the first day of a missed period... given that the gestation is actually counted from the first day of your last period, that's about 4 weeks (though actually only 2 weeks or so since conception). I guess if you're a fundie you're quite likely to be testing as soon as possible (and sometimes it will be positive before you've even missed the period).

Why hasn't Olivia put it on her own blog?! I don't know who the other person is, and I'm dying to see what she wrote! Who is CuJo?

CuJo=Courtney of Women Living Well

If you don't want to dig through all the comments there, you can also find it on the Facebook page of Her Noble Character.

It's practically impossible to start showing until sometime after week 12. The uterus is sat down in your pelvis because it's so small. At week 10 it's about the size of an orange, and still in the pelvis.

We didn't announce my pregnancy until I was 9 weeks...partly because we thought/hoped I wasn't pregnant. haha

I think people just aren't very cautious. I have a LOT of pregnant/just birthed people in my life right now and all of them have announced between 5 and 7 weeks.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only person who isn't photographing her belly at every turn! I've taken a pxt for my sister who lives overseas, but nothing has made it onto facebook or my blog. So not into that!

Archived