IGNORED

Munah's Cupcake - A Catch Up

DaffyDill

Does anyone still remember Munah's Cupcake? She and her husband are the only fundies I remember being heavily tattooed. They live in Big Bear, and now Jacie is schilling quite trendy clothes for the homeschool crowd, that I think, she sews herself. Jacie is married to Jake, a tattooist. Natch.

They sadly lost a baby (named Eumunah) at 27 weeks to Potter's Syndrome which was, of course, incredibly sad. Although while Jacie was in hospital, her husband was busily trying to convert the nursing staff to Jesus and Christianity - well, the right brand of Christianity, of course.

Jacie went on later to give birth to a healthy baby boy, who they named Carbon Black... :shock: So named, because carbon is the element God uses to create life, according to Jacie. Her older two children are named Cipher and Sahwin (originally Samhain - until they didn't want to be associated with pagan holidays). There is another baby now I believe, but I haven't found it's name.

When Jacie went into labour with...Carbon, she decided it was time, as it was Super Bowl time and they don't want to worship false idols such as football, and went into great detail about stimulating her own nipples to bring on labour. This couple were very into modesty, and her husband was "100 per cent horrified by cleavage on a woman", but apparently telling the internets about stimulating your own nipples is A-OK. Poor little Carbon was born jaundiced, but they cleared that up quick smart with prayer :shifty-kitty:

Jacie's hubby Jake also hears voices regularly. They did split up for a while, possibly partly because of this, and FJ'ers wondered if he was actually schizophrenic. He mainly heard demons around scantily clad women. Go figure.

Interestingly, Jacie seems to have loosened up on her skirts only stance, and on her public FB page, where she runs her clothing business, she is in leggings in at least 2 pictures. With blazing red hair (it used to be dark) and tatts-a-plenty, and an American Flag capey thing...Sadly, her blog seems to be gone. I really, really loved these two, because although they were a little freaky, they were happy and loving, and totally cool and at ease with themselves- although a wee bit judgy of others at times.

Eumunah's Birth Story is here: munahs-cupcake.myshopify.com/pages/emunahs-story-and-where-the-social-media-name-munahs-cupcake-came-from

Definition of Potter's here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potter_sequence

Jacie's Business Website: munahscupcake.com

Where you too can have a T-Shirt that reads "Caffeine Drinking, Arrow Raising, Jesus Praising, #Homeschool Mom"

I shall finish off with a quote from Jake:

Cleavage is 100% horrific to me. Tight low cut jeans and pants are disgusting to me. Because I know that when I see a woman wearing those, she is getting beat up by Satan and doesn’t know Jesus’ love.

FJ threads on Munah's Cupcake:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14564&hilit=Munah%27s+Cupcake

viewtopic.php?f=228&t=15721&hilit=munah%27+cupcake

Anyone else remember them? It took me ages to recall their names to search for them.

Yes!! I remember the name and story and because my friend is from Big Bear, where everyone knows each other, and she knew of them. I'm surprised to see Jacie in leggings.

Ah! April 3rd pic shows new baby girl is named Hallow Snow!

Ew she posted "nurse in public, but be modest about it" 6 weeks ago @@

Instagram also shows a 4 hour labor and homebirth with the last baby. I'm pretty shocked by her clothes. She was really into modesty before. I want to know more about the demons.

Yes!! I remember the name and story and because my friend is from Big Bear, where everyone knows each other, and she knew of them. I'm surprised to see Jacie in leggings.

Ah! April 3rd pic shows new baby girl is named Hallow Snow!

Good grief. Cipher, Sahwin Atticus, Carbon Black, and Hallow Snow.

Her clothes are kind of funky, I have to admit. Better than the usual fundie offerings.

This sounds like a couple who "Let's just espouse one set o kooky beliefs after another until we find something that really serves our lifestyle" :wtf:

Ooooh this family. I came across them before and saw their blog. I remember seriously side-eying the names Cipher, Sahwin and Carbon... I'd heard somehow she had another baby, but had no idea it was called Hallow Snow. Seriously, although she claims she isn't, she almost sounds pagan. Like a weird-ass mix of pagan and fundie. And tattoos are forbidden in the Bible. Tut tut, Jacie.

Is her blog now entirely a clothing business? Cos when I first stumbled across it (no idea how it happened) it had all that "satan is beating you up" shit on it. Has she deleted all that now??

I just found this on her instagram/ a site called "online instagram".

online-instagram.com/media/978531966318084951_52149159

:wtf: :cray-cray:

Does this meme seriously imply people are all in one building/room together? That gowns don't get washed between usage? A commenter said it was hilarious. Good grief. These people are wackos.

How can her husband be a successful tattoo artist if he's afraid of seeing bare skin?

Never mind that. How can you be a fundie and be a tattoo artist? Leviticus 19:28 is pretty clear on not making marks on the skin. Of course fundie-ism is nothing if not a cafeteria-style interpretation of Leviticus. Homosexuals bad. Shrimp good.

Around the Big Bear area, i can see why she distinguishes herself as "caffeine drinking" Jesus-lover, given the high density of SDAs around there, however you'd think the tattoos would give her away.... :roll:

Sahwin (originally Samhain - until they didn't want to be associated with pagan holidays)

But Samhain is pronounced Sahwin, so what's the point? It's still the pagan holiday. As far as I know, there's no other association or meaning.

But Samhain is pronounced Sahwin, so what's the point? It's still the pagan holiday. As far as I know, there's no other association or meaning.

I know it doesn't make sense, but what can I say? Fundies :shrug:

Never mind that. How can you be a fundie and be a tattoo artist? Leviticus 19:28 is pretty clear on not making marks on the skin. Of course fundie-ism is nothing if not a cafeteria-style interpretation of Leviticus. Homosexuals bad. Shrimp good.

I'm not sure how they explain that, but I'm sure there's some kind of fundy justification. They do look as if they have loosened their modesty stance a wee bit since she had her blog. She used to be pretty judgey about women who didn't wear skirts etc., and now she's wearing leggings.. I wish the blog was still up.

I'm not sure how they explain that, but I'm sure there's some kind of fundy justification. They do look as if they have loosened their modesty stance a wee bit since she had her blog. She used to be pretty judgey about women who didn't wear skirts etc., and now she's wearing leggings.. I wish the blog was still up.

Never forget the golden rule of fundieism: Hypocrisy is thy watchword.

Never forget the golden rule of fundieism: Hypocrisy is thy watchword.

Or that there is something feared more than fortresses of Satan, the visible arms and knees of women, and leaving home without a cellphone belt clip: rational thoughts.

Jake and Jacie do seem like very loving parents. Their kids all look healthy, (Hallow is a gorgeous chubby bubba) and there are pictures of the kids playing on skateboards and bikes out the from of their house, and they all have helmets on, and the helmets look the right size/correctly fitted etc. I hope they are getting a decent education from Jacie's homeschooling, but they are still young, and she seems to take it seriously.

Edit: Actually, the littlest one, Carbon doesn't have a helmet, but he's mainly just hanging about.

They are some of my favorite fundies! Jake only tattoos godly tattoos that are Jesus approved. I remember that much.

Well, then it's okay.

Archived