IGNORED

Michael (Bates) Keilen Bump Watch

Sweet Fellowship

was the one who brought up Thomas's tattoo in the first place, without providing proper documentation.

I'm feeling a little bit miffed that  a whole passel of FJers aren't saying mean things about me!  :my_rolleyes:

C'mon people, throw me some shade.

This 2013 post by Thomas  has always intrigued me:

http://constant-survival.blogspot.com/2013/10/back-home-in-ok.html

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Back home in OK...

It's already into October... I feel like it was just last a few weeks ago that I was posting in this month last year. Time goes by so fast. The 2cd of this month was my last day with IBLP. I am officially back home for a short time and looking forward to what God has for me in the near future. As some of you know, I have had some good reasons for leaving IBLP.  1st and foremost, After Praying for a loooong time, ;)   I feel like this is what God has led me to do. It doesn't all make 100% sense at the moment, but, I feel as though God is calling me to ministry all of its own. Working with young men has been my heart throb for years and working along side IBLP, I have seen allot of young men come and go and God do great things in their lives. It's was truly amazing to see.
       Over the last year, while I was praying about leaving IBLP, I noticed that God did not give me the opportunity to work with groups of young men like he had in the past... However, I was able to work with a single young man. During this time God taught me an incredible amount about working with individuals and finding / meeting needs specifically in a life. I have been so blessed working along side IBLP, I wouldn't trade the last ten years of my life for anything in the world. And while I don't agree with the institute in every little detail, I hold them in very high esteem and am very grateful to God in having the opportunity to work for a ministry that has had one of the most lasting and largest impacts in the world.
        Another reason I was grateful in having worked with the ministry is because that is where I met Dakota.  It has been almost 3 years that I have known Dakota Young and I've had the privilege for working along side her doing conferences every year. She is the biggest blessing that God has given me during my time with IBLP. I look forward to what God will have for us in the near future.    

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

was the one who brought up Thomas's tattoo in the first place, without providing proper documentation.

I'm feeling a little bit miffed that  a whole passel of FJers aren't saying mean things about me!  :my_rolleyes:

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Back home in OK...

It's already into October... I feel like it was just last a few weeks ago that I was posting in this month last year. Time goes by so fast. The 2cd of this month was my last day with IBLP. I am officially back home for a short time and looking forward to what God has for me in the near future. As some of you know, I have had some good reasons for leaving IBLP.  1st and foremost, After Praying for a loooong time, ;)   I feel like this is what God has led me to do. It doesn't all make 100% sense at the moment, but, I feel as though God is calling me to ministry all of its own. Working with young men has been my heart throb for years and working along side IBLP, I have seen allot of young men come and go and God do great things in their lives. It's was truly amazing to see.
       Over the last year, while I was praying about leaving IBLP, I noticed that God did not give me the opportunity to work with groups of young men like he had in the past... However, I was able to work with a single young man. During this time God taught me an incredible amount about working with individuals and finding / meeting needs specifically in a life. I have been so blessed working along side IBLP, I wouldn't trade the last ten years of my life for anything in the world. And while I don't agree with the institute in every little detail, I hold them in very high esteem and am very grateful to God in having the opportunity to work for a ministry that has had one of the most lasting and largest impacts in the world.
        Another reason I was grateful in having worked with the ministry is because that is where I met Dakota.  It has been almost 3 years that I have known Dakota Young and I've had the privilege for working along side her doing conferences every year. She is the biggest blessing that God has given me during my time with IBLP. I look forward to what God will have for us in the near future.    

Huh. That's very interesting. I wonder what sparked the decision for him - it doesn't seem like it was an easy choice for him (or Dakota) at all. 

Regardless, good for them if they truly did leave. It does seem from the alleged sex ministry work that they may have simply moved to another form of Fundism (or at least stayed extremely conservative Christian.)

It's definitely better than nothing though. I mean, being super super conservative still isn't great on my opinion - but becoming less rigid in your thinking is a good thing (and hopefully that's the case with these two.) I'm not one to get excited about trivial surface changes or anything, but in all honesty - good for them if they truly moved away from IBLP teachings.

I'm interpreting that blog post veeeeery differently from you guys. I think Thomas is only talking about quitting working for IBLP. I don't think he says anywhere that he won't follow its teachings anymore.

That was indeed the blog post! Thanks for posting it@heretichick!

It wasn't a big declaration by any means, but it does evoke some speculation - more so then than now. But there you go, tattoo and blog post both exist and were provided for anyone who doubted credibility! :)

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

I'm interpreting that blog post veeeeery differently from you guys. I think Thomas is only talking about quitting working for IBLP. I don't think he says anywhere that he won't follow its teachings anymore.

Good point! The wording was a bit vague, so it's entirely possible you're right and he was referring to leaving a job and not the organization. If I have time I may look into whatever I can find. I looked at his blog briefly and he hasn't done much with it lately, so I'm not sure what I'd actually learn. Might be interesting though.

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

How fucking dare you state something without providing a link!!!!11111!!!!!eleventy!!!!11111!!!

Does that make you feel better? :my_biggrin:

That post is really interesting.  If you look at the IBLP lawsuit some very bad things apparently happened in 2013, like the rape that was reported to the police.  He's either not aware of the rape - probably not high enough up  - or is not bothered by it.

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

I agree.  Thomas's bad grammar probably obscures what he is trying to say and he certainly does enough IBLP boot-licking there.  That is not surprising as he probably doesn't want to piss off Dad.

This post really doesn't indicate that he is exIBLP or isn't fine with its teachings.  He may be perfectly OK with everything now Daddy has run off Bill Gothard too.  

I have to snark - this bit gave me pause.  It's probably just his lack of writing skills but my first thought was - and he married a woman?

Working with young men has been my heart throb for years and working along side IBLP, I have seen allot of young men come and go and God do great things in their lives. 

I think of a "heart throb" as something quite different ...

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

How fucking dare you state something without providing a link!!!!11111!!!!!eleventy!!!!11111!!!

That post is really interesting.  If you look at the IBLP lawsuit some very bad things apparently happened in 2013, like the rape that was reported to the police.  He's either not aware of the rape - probably not high enough up  - or is not bothered by it.

I agree.  Thomas's bad grammar probably obscures what he is trying to say and he certainly does enough IBLP boot-licking there.  That is not surprising as he probably doesn't want to piss off Dad.

This post really doesn't indicate that he is exIBLP or isn't fine with its teachings.  He may be perfectly OK with everything now Daddy has run off Bill Gothard too.  

I have to snark - this bit gave me pause.  It's probably just his lack of writing skills but my first thought was - and he married a woman?

His use of the word heart throb reminded me of one of my favorite games back when I was a kid. It was 1980s fabulous. 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I felt so immature for giggling at that part. I mean, it's not his fault - he was sheltered and wasn't given the chance of getting a decent education... But yeah. I giggled when I read that.

I am with @JillyO even though I don't know where she lives. I am pretty sure he is talking about quiting his job at headquarters and starting his own ministry, not throwing off the mantel of the Bill. IBLP is a training center mostly, and I think he would be talking about a theological shift, not going out on his own.

And @HereticHick you are an Appalachian hick and can therefore do no wrong. You are a magical peoples. Duh.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:34 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

Or worse, wearing a bikini and still being a little shit, like jessica seewald

Bigots in Bikinis would be a really good name for a very ironic punk band. Or a calendar featuring Jessica Seewald and Sarah Palin.

On June 14, 2016 at 11:23 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Bigots in Bikinis would be a really good name for a very ironic punk band. Or a calendar featuring Jessica Seewald and Sarah Palin.

Could we add in Jessa Duggar and possibly Jill Rodriguez? Lol 

They were just married. Give it at least a year! 

If after a year no baby news then you can feel sorry for her. I don't because if she wants to be a mother she can always adopt a child. If fact they could adopt a sibling group from foster care and have a big(ish) family right out of the gate! There are many different ways to grow a family. 

I'm more curious about Kacy Lynn Bates... shouldn't she be born really soon? That June 25th due date is right around the bend.  

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Michael and Brandon. If they can't conceive that's one less child born into that evil cult.

On a human level I feel for them (and Erin/Chad).  I don't wish infertility on anyone, fundie or not.  

I feel sorry for Michael. We all know the cult brainwashes women into believing their only use is to produce children and if they don't they're failing God. Imagine the passive aggressive comments and questions Michaela is getting on a daily basis, plus whatever she's thinking privately - obviously none of us know that but, I imagine she's considering how she has "sinned" in the past and beating herself up day after day for every  day she isn't pregnant. Remember she's been taught her entire life to believe the only reason a woman doesn't conceive a "blessing" is because she hasn't been Godly enough - which would be tough on anyone, but especially Michaela, as she's always seemed to be one of the more pious kids. 

That said, I agree with the poster above, they haven't been married long. we should wait a year before even thinking about speculating on fertility issues (Even then, it's a very private thing.) 

I'd also bear in mind that to go from kissing a guy to sex in literally one day is a massive psychological jump. I have heard of people who wait until marriage who don't have sex until 6 months after the wedding be caused e it's just too much too fast. We have no idea if / how much they're having sex. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:30 AM, RosyDaisy said:

I don't feel the least bit sorry for Michael and Brandon. If they can't conceive that's one less child born into that evil cult.

I'm not thrilled with their beliefs, but until you've struggled with infertility I don't think you can say.  My husband and I are dealing with that right now and while they may not have a problem with infertility I feel sorry for ANYONE who has to experience it, it sucks, big time!

@jibturtleI'm sorry you and your husband are having fertility issues. Actually, feel sorry for just about anybody dealing with fertility issues. But, I cannot feel sorry for a fundie couple that belongs to an evil cult. I stand by what I said.

Michael is (so far) the only Bates kidult (with social media) that acknowledged the birth of Kaci Lynn (not even Grandma Kelly posted about her on SM as of right now). 

If you read between the lines, you can tell she is clearly ready for a baby of her own.

I can totally see where @RosyDaisy is coming from.  I hate to see children raised in a home where they're not getting the love or attention they need or deserve.  I also feel empathy for Michael because her whole being is tied into having children.  I'm sure many people are giving her grief for not being pregnant yet.  I'd hate for my family to think my only worth is having children 

Her graduation is supposed to happen next month. I hope the family does something for the accomplishment. From her instagram she seems happy and to be enjoying life.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived