IGNORED

"19 Kids" Cancelled

Kira

Fuck you Duggars! Karma is indeed a bitch!

Who will be the first to post on instagram?

I'm going with Amy and some random bible quote.

The cancellation may also explain the lack of M4 pictures/news. I'm guessing she's already here and they were holding out on releasing anything to see if they could sell info to TLC or People.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how Jim Bob and Michelle will break the news. Do you think the unmarried kids knew this was a possibility? Will there be tears? Shouts of persecution?

I wonder how Jim Bob and Michelle will break the news. Do you think the unmarried kids knew this was a possibility? Will there be tears? Shouts of persecution?

I saw a post from Duggar Family Official when I clicked on 19 kids cancelled in the trending section of FB. I didn't read it but I assume it is them speaking on it since it is their own page. In case you want to check it out.

It took TLC an awful long time to cancel the show. To use a cliche here, I wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back?

I suspect TLC was having their lawyers go over their contracts with fine-toothed comb before officially cancelling to avoid legal actions from Jim Bob. It was probably easier to cancel Honey Boo Boo because Mama June doesn't have the money and/or lawyers the Duggars have at their disposal. Of course, the Duggars will still play the martyr card.

Well that's interesting

This tells me that JB isn't going to bring any legal action against TLC, to have two of his stable included in this special.

What's the best way to let TLC know about my displeasure at potential spinoffs or specials? The TLC website? FB? Other? Please advise this technically challenged old broad. TIA.

I have hope - they're partnering with RAINN for this special, apparently.

Maybe since the money's gone, the women have nothing to lose now by telling their story?

I saw a post from Duggar Family Official when I clicked on 19 kids cancelled in the trending section of FB. I didn't read it but I assume it is them speaking on it since it is their own page. In case you want to check it out.

The statement:

Today, TLC announced that they will not be filming new episodes of 19 Kids and Counting.

Years ago, when we were asked to film our first one hour documentary about the logistics of raising 14 children, we felt that it was an opportunity to share with the world that children are a blessing and a gift from God.

We are so thankful for our film crew that has shown up at our house for over a decade. They have become like family to us. They have invested their time and energy into our lives and have been so loving and patient. We love and appreciate them so much!

Over the last several years people have said to us, "We love your show!" We have always responded, "It's not a show, it's our lives!" Our desire in opening our home to the world is to share Bible principles that are the answers for life’s problems.

With God’s grace and help Josh, our daughters and our entire family overcame a terrible situation, found healing and a way forward. We are so pleased with the wonderful adults they have all become.

It is our prayer that the painful situation our family went through many years ago can point people toward faith in God and help others who also have lived through similar dark situations to find help, hope and healing, as well.

We appreciate the love, support, prayers and kindness extended to us by many of you. You have deeply touched our hearts and encouraged us, during this time.

God’s faithfulness and goodness to us, along with His abundant grace have given us strength and joy even in the most difficult days.

We have committed to Him that in all things—difficulties or success, good times or bad—we will purpose to bring Him honor by staying true to our faith and our family.

We look forward to working with TLC on this upcoming special documentary and hope that it is an encouragement to many.

We know Who holds the future and are confident that He will work all things together for good.

We love each of you and look forward to unfolding the future with peace and joy.

With Gratefulness,

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar family

They clearly knew this was coming and there is no way a Duggar wrote this. That being said, they can kiss my ass.

I'll be interested to see just how "in depth" this story is about child sexual abuse. I'd LOVE to hear Jessa and Jill be completely truthful and candid about what happened to them, and their reactions to it.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that TLC was doing a story on child abuse. I hope it isn't another FOX style attempt to minimize things like we saw with the interview.

I haven't read the Duggar statement yet. It is still morning and I don't feel like getting irritated yet if I can avoid it.

I call keeping hopes alive for the leghumpers. Any show or special would have to avoid Joshie and JB/Michelle at a minimum. And in my opinion Jill & Jessa are rather tainted by their Fauxnews interview on the subject and crying defense of Josh.

TLC and the Duggar family are just trying to save the brand. Or re-brand themselves. This documentary will help pave the way to a new show and new income source. It's not over.

I call keeping hopes alive for the leghumpers. Any show or special would have to avoid Joshie and JB/Michelle at a minimum. And in my opinion Jill & Jessa are rather tainted by their Fauxnews interview on the subject and crying defense of Josh.

I don't know. I bet they were under a ton of pressure to "keep sweet" lest the entire family end up back in abject poverty. And they're old enough to remember those days.

I would not be surprised if the family "uses" the girls, though, and now plays up their victim status and/or we see a very repentant Jim Bob and J'chelle once they realize that protection is getting them nowhere, but, exploiting their daughters' victimization might.

I suspect the Duggars' will keep turning up like bad pennies just like Kate Gosslin.

The video about the Jillards leaving for their mission was just sad. Poor editing, poor sound and no one there to tell Jim Bob to shut the fuck up!

I suspect we will all be treated to many more of the video disasters.

I have hope - they're partnering with RAINN for this special, apparently.

Maybe since the money's gone, the women have nothing to lose now by telling their story?

I doubt the daughters will change their story much but it will be interesting to see if they have other guests that speak much clearer about being a victim and the girls are victims, etc.

I expect I will let someone watch and recap the special before I will watch it. Just reading about Jill & Jessa's interview was mildly triggering and aggravating.

I wonder if TLC thinks this somehow mitigates their culpability in this debacle?

When I read that Jill and Jessa will be featured in a documentary, it was clear that TLC is testing the waters to introduce a new show, as many of you speculated. They're really not making much of a statement against abuse if they allow the show to go on in any form. If any of the Duggars do get a new show, I wish TLC would allow them to show their true religious beliefs and practices, not the sanitized version they've been showing. I do feel a little sorry for Josh. I'm sure he'll be blamed for the cancellation, but he was a kid with a serious problem who got no help whatsoever from his simple-minded parents.

I suspect the Duggars' will keep turning up like bad pennies just like Kate Gosslin.

The video about the Jillards leaving for their mission was just sad. Poor editing, poor sound and no one there to tell Jim Bob to shut the fuck up!

Oh, I suspect we're not heard the last of/from them:

At least one book from JimBob and J'Chelle about their trials and suffering, and how The Lord has forgiven Josh (not that there was anything to forgive, in their opinion, because it was "just a mistake")

Book tour promoting said book, and continuing the rehabilitation of their/Josh's image

Speaking events and television appearances at carefully chosen venues, where they can control questions and have done control over how they're portrayed. Mostly conservative, Christian-oriented, since their theme us going to be redemption through the blood of Jesus (cue "It's Through the Blood", sung by various Duggarlings)

Book/tour/speaking events/t.v. appearances by Benessa and/or the Dullards, I mean, Dillards. My money's on Benessa--gotta promote Ben's aspirations of being the new Kirk Cameron.

I'm pleasantly surprise. However:

I have a major problem with this. The fact that they're including people who diminish their own abuse and sexual abuse among siblings in general is a giant neon sign that any documentary TLC airs about sexual abuse will be bullshit. TLC needs to learn from their mistakes and stop giving a platform to people who are so religiously fanatical that they happily spread dangerous misinformation, as well as coming to terms with the fact that the vast majority of people who turn their children into tv personalities are dysfunctional on a fundamental level.

I'm sure it won't make any difference, but I emailed Darkness to Light and told them I did not support them using Jill and Jessa in their interviews.

I haven't checked their page since news broke....until now.

Number of likes was well above a million. Now it's at 744k. I'd be interested to see what this announcement does to numbers.

It will never happen, but I'd pay money to see a round table discussion among victims and experts on childhood sexual abuse, with Jill and Jessa being called out for their statements during the Fox interview and their subsequent non-answers. I need to see these people challenged with no one letting them get away with rehearsed talking points.

I dont have the skillz, but it needs to be autotuned.

Finally. Maybe this means Josiah will get away, with or without Marjorie, in the end. I think Josiah is a lot like me. And I wouldn't do well with the Duggars.

I caught the headline from TLC just now on Facebook. I'm glad they've cancelled it, but as many have already mentioned, they will lurk and still be in the public eye somehow.

The comments under TLC's statement got me. Naturally ranging from those sorrowful and outraged over the transgender show vs their saviors and those who are in support of pulling the show. One in particular stood out to me:

Way to cave in to the media TLC! I am disappointed in your collective choice to end a wonderful show about a wonderful family, including Josh Duggar who made normal human decisions as a young teen. Way to punish the entire family and continue to victimize any 'victims'.

Normal human decisions. I don't know whether to be disgusted that there are people who find this behavior normal...or to just shake my head because I personally know people who find this behavior normal.....

:( :shock:

Archived