IGNORED

The Duggar Interview - With Megyn Kelly

twin2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching CNN Tonight. A comment was made that maybe the kids were asleep when it happened, maybe they weren't. So true that they may have possibly been awake. Been there, done that. Trying not to break shit now. :twisted:

They've tossed Jill and Jessa out into the wild when poor Jill looks a damn mess. The girls should NOT be put in a position where their statements are responsible for whether their family's livelihood disappears. Especially so soon.

Glam squad clearly went to Michelle, she looked fantastic.

Wait a minute... so Josh reached out to his "parents" for help THREE TIMES before they took any action, and then when he finally got counseling they MADE HIM PAY FOR IT????? Rather than doing what they, as parents, should have done from the first offense and gotten Josh the help he needed for the sake of the entire family. Wow. After seeing this interview, the one I really want to write the tell-all book is Josh. I have a feeling he experienced a lot of messed up stuff over the years due to his upbringing.

I agree that all the kids were probably subjected to some pretty wacko stuff growing up. Boob and J'chelle trying to handle this "in house, as parents" for so long is DISGUSTING. But tbh, I'm not entirely convinced that Josh and his sisters actually received appropriate counseling, given how

much JB and M lied during the interview. I think it might have been gothard style, but if it cost money i wouldn't put it past JB especially to make Josh pay for it himself. :ew:

And another thing... When asked about what would happen to their family and show, JB said he would hate to see his other kids suffer from something Josh did 12 years ago. Excuse me but the Duggar name is suffering because they prove they are a cult EVERY TIME one of them talks. They aren't media darlings or TV stars. And the family has no place being on TV; they need daily professional counseling.

Where is the man and father Josh Duggar- excellent question.

Did they drop him in that center in OK?

Welp, that was about as bad as everyone thought it would be.

During the past few weeks, I have tried very hard not to hate the Duggars and attempt to keep everything I say about them significant and constructive. Because what would be the point in just sitting around bashing them? That would make them martyrs and deflect from points that need to be said.

With that said, I am disgusted. I am so disgusted, I can barely type. Did I really see them say that they weren't responsible for keeping Josh in the home to eventually re-offend, because "kids do things you don't want them to do"? And what's this about establishing boundaries and precautions? Pray tell, what were those and why didn't they seem to give a damn when handling it in home FAILED? And why the hell didn't the girls know what a good touch/bad touch was until AFTER they had been molested?

Are these folks for real? I think I'm seeing people who quite literally, have no conscience. No wonder they need religion because clearly they have no internal sense of right and wrong. It is all about them, how they feel, "WE were shocked, WE were devastated. WE blah blah blah. WE WE WE WE!!!" It says something when Megyn has to bring the conversation back around to the girls because they were too busy talking about themselves and Precious Josh. Her tone was clearly annoyed as well.

This I think, is the part that pissed me off the most:

"Josh violated God's principles."

No, Josh violated the human rights of his sisters, and not only did he do it several times because he was given the environment and opportunity, you continued to put HIS life ahead of the well being of ALL the other kids.

I am so pissed right now. So so so so pissed. Like you have no idea. So, I'm going to step away from the computer for a while. I don't know if I can catch up with this thread or not, but OMG. I have got to take a break after seeing that avalanche of bullshit streamed from Fox.

Edited to add: I hope I'm not the only one who finds it absolutely, without a doubt repugnant that they didn't take his molestation of the older girls as seriously as they did the youngest.

Jill and Jessa, you are blaming the wrong people.

Your brother molested you. I find it hard to believe you slept through it all and were simply told you were molested later, but whatever.

After doing as little as possible to protect you from this predator, your parents pimped you and all of your siblings out for a TV show, despite knowing, as even Ms. Faux said several times, that yours was in reality a very dysfunctional family. Had they not done this, no one would have requested that report. And there would be no media outlets covering the story and exposing your brother and parents for the appalling hypocrites they are.

I've quoted it out here before several times and I'll quote it again. From the TV's first reality show star in the early 70's, Lance Loud: "Television ate my family."

It was bound to eat yours sooner or later and as you are now sadly learning, there's a terrible dark side to fame. I hope in time you and your siblings all see the truth of this along with the awful truths about the "religion" your parents foisted upon you. I don't think you can fully recover from all of this until you do.

Oh, Michelle, how I would love it if you could cite where in the Bible one might find "God's principles of some inappropriate touching" that Joshy violated. I didn't realize it went into such specifics... It was a crime plain and simple.

Also JB is really screwing up by first defensively saying the abuse happened when Josh was "13, just turned 14" then later on saying he was "14, just turned 15." You can't excuse that this went on over the course of a year and that it's somehow ok because he was young.

I am totally fangirling on this psychologist!

"Where were the parents, who was supervising Josh and the children"

WE'RE BEING PERSEQUOOOOTED!!!!!!!!!! Part 5

Megyn - do you think that the backlash has been greater because of who you are and what you stand for?

Michelle - I think some out there do

Megyn - do you think in particular your christian beliefs are at issue here

Boob - I think as people on the outside think well, christians are supposed to be perfect... no, all of us, as christian struggle everyday

Megyn - what happenes to the duggars from here?

Boob - I dont know if the rest of our family should be punished for the act of one of our children 12 years ago... we are fine whether they film us or not... we're going to go on and live life and serve god and make a difference in the world

Michelle - enjoy our children and enjoy our grandchildren and continue on with life. Either way we are at peace.

Megyn - do you think the show will be cancelled has TLC given you any indication?

Boob - at this point our family is just trying to regroup from these attacks and when you are in every newspaper thoughout the world, its an unprecedented attack on our family and it was actually this informatio was released illegally... so I'm wondering why all these press is not going after these system for releasing the juvenile records. That is a huge story. What our son did 12 years ago is a major story to them too, but hopefully justice will be served on the ones that released juvenile records to protect other juvenile to prevent their records from being released.

Megyn - it must have been terrible. I'm sure youre going through hell right now.

Michelle - I think whats so devestating as a momma, for me. We took our children to the safety center, the children's safety center. We trusted them, the police department. Our children poured out their hearts, they shared everything (I thought they didn know anything...) and then to have their trust betrayed, for all their informatio to be turned over to a TABLOID! Shared in a slanderous way... as a mom that breaks my heart because this... they've ben victimized more than they WERE 12 YEARS AGO because they didn tknow then. In our hearts we havent been keeping secrets, we were protecting them and now, for people with an AGENDA in a for whatever profit they're going to get... god will use all of this for good...

Boob - thank you for telling our story.

I think, on the girls, they are obviously hurting a lot and when they say that they are victims of the media and of the reports coming out and not victims of JOSH, I think they truly mean it.

It's the only way, growing up in that environment with those creatures as your parents, that you can justify such a thing.

But I'm also not going to be giving Jim Bob, Michelle or Josh benefit of the doubt because Jessa and Jill say I should. They are victims, but they are victims of their parents and their brother too, and I see that even if they don't. I'm 23 so in between them in age, and I feel for them, it would be hideous to have this stuff come out, but I'm not sorry that it has either.

Also, Jinger is over 18, but as she's not married she doesn't deserve individual personhood? Screw these people. I'm 23 and I have one and a half degrees and a life and my opinions are mine. Jill and Jessa are only allowed to talk because they have a Headship, and Jana, Jinger and very soon Joy are all adults but they have to shut up and listen to daddy.

They've tossed Jill and Jessa out into the wild when poor Jill looks a damn mess. The girls should NOT be put in a position where their statements are responsible for whether their family's livelihood disappears. Especially so soon.

Well, if their statements do cause their family's livelihood to disappear, it would just reinforce the belief that the girls are to blame for all of this. See, if they'd just not defrauded poor widdle Josh, none of this ever would have happened. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I had FOX News on for a few minutes in the car earlier. I was so mad it's almost a wonder I didn't drive right off the road.

Sometimes, yeah. That "I'm asking you as a father of your daughters" was GREAT but she let him skirt by that. I guess hard crack downs aren't happening here.

UGH I want an Anderson Cooper interview SO BAD

Shit, the psychologist just asked who was monitoring the kids? Was Josh monitoring other kids? Who was monitoring Josh?

No one.

Even just following this thread made me sick. Anyone who's paid attention to my posts over the past few years will know that I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes too much so, and am quick to point out more innocent/less devious explanations for certain fundies' behaviours and so on - so I hope you'll understand how much I mean it when I say that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are utter pieces of shit. Fuck them both. They disgust me.

MHM, the psychologist said that this could be a case of neglect! WHERE WERE THE PARENTS

and oh my God the information about Joy-Anna sitting on Josh's lap while he read her a story and touched her inappropriately...gives me chills

JESSA SOUNDS SO STUPID GOD I am so mad at her parents

Glam squad clearly went to Michelle, she looked fantastic.

Yeah, you keep saying that. I thought she looked like Jill Rodrigues did her makeup.

UGH I want an Anderson Cooper interview SO BAD

I think Bill O'Reilly could have done the job even better, from the right wing. Seriously.

And now I have to record tomorrow's Bill O'Reilly. See how your actions impact others, Josh! Can't believe I am going to watch Bill O'Reilly, but I find it hard to believe he would be on board with this nonsense, and he practically is Fox News.

Preview of friday - Jill and Jessa

1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse

3 out of 4 of those abused were victimized by someone they know

Researchers say that most young offenders are male and between the ages of 12 and 14. A 2009 analysis showed taht 85-90 % never are arrested for a sex crime again.

If you know a victim in need of help call 18004224453

In a stunning follow up... we sat down with 2 sisters, jill and jessa.

Jill - crying - we're victims, they cant do this to us

Jessa - a system that was set up to protect kids... its greatly failed.

Friday at 9 PM

Lawrence O'Donnelll is calling Megan the Duggars new defense attorney.

It is on MSNBC now or in a few minutes.

I am totally fangirling on this psychologist!

"Where were the parents, who was supervising Josh and the children"

BEST QUESTION ASKED ALL NIGHT!!!!

Why Doc, they were probably busy making another blessing, or nursing.

THESE PEOPLE ARE GOLD, yes, this is amazing, tear them down! CALL THEM OUT!!!! The guy who said they seemed more concerned with the leakage than the damage done to their children, I applaud him

AND THE WOMAN WHO TALKED ABOUT BEING WORRIED ABOUT HIS OWN KIDS, YES, THIS IS AN ISSUE! FINALLY SOMEBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS

this psychologist dude is amazing

LOOK AT THE ENTIRE FAMILY YES

(excuse the mess, I have no idea how any of those people are named because I am from Croatia and I don't really know the names of every foreign reporter other than the major ones)

"And the measures Michelle Duggar said they took. No male babysitters?? HELLO! The threat was coming from the inside of house!" I think that's Lisa Bloom who said it but not sure

Archived