IGNORED

Faith Pennington "Help Me Prove It" updates

Marian the Librarian

Yes, but the IRS is so unpopular that the public had no problem writing off his shenanigans. If he sues to keep his daughter from being a legal citizen, he may never recover his public image.

I am not sure he cares about the general public. He has all sorts of wack job followers. This is a man who deleted any comments from people who disagreed with him from his FB but was perfectly fine with people calling his daughter a selfish spoiled brat. The sister was hateful. I cannot imagine allowing my kids to publicly say those things about another sibling. It was somehow proof that the parents don't control them. He is a fucking monster and proud of it. PERSICUTION!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, yes, I was thinking the if parents were going to file an affidavit confirming she is their daughter and therefore a citizen, they would have done it by now and she would have received her delayed birth certificate and gotten an SSN, but an alternative explanation just occurred to me. Perhaps Alecia's lawyer has recommended that everyone wait until Sept. 1, when there is a clear legal path forward through a federal district court, whose decision carries more weight regarding status as a citizen.

On a semi-related note, LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) sent a letter to the editor of the Austin American Statesman today noting that that the Texas Department of Health and Human Services is illegally denying birth certificates to U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants.

This is an extremely fraught issue, and anyone without the means to prove their citizenship is definitely at the headwaters of Shit Creek. I'm sad for Alecia to be in this situation, but the implementation of this law and the fact that the issue can be addressed at the district court level with an attorney ad litem will help many, many children who were born in the U.S. but have no birth certificate.

I've started keeping my birth certificate, blue SSN card and (expired) passport in a safe deposit box at the bank and I don't consider myself a particularly paranoid person.

PnC, thanks for the Instagram tip. That girl has just blossomed! She looks radiant and beautiful. One pic shows her in front of the Mosaic Church, a nondenominational church in Austin. I went to the Mosaic web page -- they are a hip, multicultural bible believing church (as far as I can tell).

The back and forth on comments on her instagram are interesting. She graciously responds to those quoting bible verses, staking out her own ground, but in a kind, even sweet way.

we have a good working system here, if you have a BC already you can spend 10 bucks for a new one from your birth office and itll be there in 14 days.. so no vult here xD Southafrica though is another story lol.

I peeped at her Instagram and am so glad to see her doing regular young adult things. Super hero movies and rock concerts and goofy selfies and personal fashion choices. You'd never even know... :)

I peeped at her Instagram and am so glad to see her doing regular young adult things. Super hero movies and rock concerts and goofy selfies and personal fashion choices. You'd never even know... :)

It's so sad to me that Faith's parents can't see her for the wonderful young woman she is. She is one of the most level-headed, mature, and sweet girls I've seen. I think most people would fall over themselves to have a kid like Faith. But because she insists on an identity and doesn't wear skirts and stay in a closet until marriage for 15+ babies, she's a "bad" daughter. It makes me sick.

It's so sad to me that Faith's parents can't see her for the wonderful young woman she is. She is one of the most level-headed, mature, and sweet girls I've seen. I think most people would fall over themselves to have a kid like Faith. But because she insists on an identity and doesn't wear skirts and stay in a closet until marriage for 15+ babies, she's a "bad" daughter. It makes me sick.

Or consent to be lorded over by her parents for eleventy years...

Or consent to be lorded over by her parents for eleventy years...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I believe Lisa Pennington is a controlling narcissist. Religion is her tool, but control is the ultimate goal.

I was thinking about her "modesty" page on TPP and about how she worded things as "my daughters and I choose...." (not going back there to get the exact wording) when what she meant was, "I choose for myself and my daughters." As soon as one of her daughters began choosing for herself, Lisa's all too conditional love was exposed for what it really was, a need to control.

My prediction: The Pennington parents will do nothing on Sept 1, nothing at all until they are served with a summons or a court order, and then they will appeal and delay, delay and appeal, for as long as it takes to get them off the hook. If they are ultimately forced by a court of law to cooperate in Alecia Faith's quest to get an identity, they intend to make it take as long and cost as much as possible, to punish her.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I believe Lisa Pennington is a controlling narcissist. Religion is her tool, but control is the ultimate goal.

I was thinking about her "modesty" page on TPP and about how she worded things as "my daughters and I choose...." (not going back there to get the exact wording) when what she meant was, "I choose for myself and my daughters." As soon as one of her daughters began choosing for herself, Lisa's all too conditional love was exposed for what it really was, a need to control.

My prediction: The Pennington parents will do nothing on Sept 1, nothing at all until they are served with a summons or a court order, and then they will appeal and delay, delay and appeal, for as long as it takes to get them off the hook. If they are ultimately forced by a court of law to cooperate in Alecia Faith's quest to get an identity, they intend to make it take as long and cost as much as possible, to punish her.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if the parents made this as painful as possible - cut off the nose to spite the face and all.

• 3 weeks later...

From HA, Alicia now has her birth certificate.

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/alecia-pennington-the-girl-who-doesnt-exist-can-now-prove-she-does/

From HA, Alicia now has her birth certificate.

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/alecia-pennington-the-girl-who-doesnt-exist-can-now-prove-she-does/

this is so awesome! i'm so proud and happy for her!!

This is SUCH GOOD NEWS!! I'm so happy for Alecia.

:cracking-up:

And I hope her parents wise up and get their shit together.

Her parents are a true controlling fundie homeschooling piece of work

But they caved under SEVERE ( ;) ) government and media pressure. This gives me hope. For all their rhetoric about principles and other b.s., they are not nearly as strong as they assert themselves to be, and they know their position has many precarious elements. As parents, they are FUBAR, but the door has been cracked open. Others may follow. There is hope!

This is such good news but I won't have my final sigh of relief until she has a US passport in hand. To me, the passport is irrefutable evidence of citizenship.

I think the sequence will be driver's license, SSN and passport.

A new door has opened for Alicia Faith. You go, girl!

WTF is up with the Pennington mom and Disney? It seems like she goes every other month. It is odd choice for a middle aged fundie woman.

WTF is up with the Pennington mom and Disney? It seems like she goes every other month. It is odd choice for a middle aged fundie woman.

My cousin and her husband have wandered down a fundie lite path. Luckily, their early life experiences prevented them from procreating more children than they could financially and emotionally support, but they're still pretty far out there. They homeschool, and they often post pictures from Disneyland on weekdays. They live nearby-ish and have season passes for the past...infinity years, or so it seems. TONS of spontaneous Disney trips for them. It's really strange to me. I think for some fundies, Disney represents something wholesome and family-oriented, so throwing hundreds or thousands of dollars in their direction isn't too worldly for them. Completely strange, though, I absolutely agree.

This is such good news but I won't have my final sigh of relief until she has a US passport in hand. To me, the passport is irrefutable evidence of citizenship.

I think the sequence will be driver's license, SSN and passport.

A new door has opened for Alicia Faith. You go, girl!

She can't get a driver's license in Texas without a social security number.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense ... icense.htm

I'm assuming the next step is the SS# then DL?

I believe I used a BC and DL when I applied for my passport.

I don't know what the deal with Disney is. My in-law that loves the Duggars is also obsessed with Disney. :confusion-shrug:

It always made me angry when her parents would tap-dance around the issue, rather than coming straight out and admitting their sovereign citizen agenda.

Telling the truth is only easy if you have nothing to hide.

My daughter has a young friend who is one of the most brilliant teens I have ever met. She was home-schooled for non-religious reasons that I was never clear about, as her home schooling sounded pretty scattershot and inconsistent. She's 20 now and doesn't have her GED yet because she feels deficient in math skills. (The adult ed GED program in her city isn't so great.) She lives with her family in a dysfunctional-sounding environment.

I finally learned why she and her siblings were home schooled: When the family lived in another state, her father beat her up and Social Services came calling. The family then moved here and took to "homeschooling" to stay out of the public eye. This is extra crappy because her little brother is on the autism spectrum and may not get the services that would help him.

Bumping to report - just found this article online:

wilcoonline.com/index184.htm

Judge Kennon was very proud to have been on the bench for what looked like a short hearing on the docket, but prompted him to call the media as soon as he was done. He was visibly moved by her story and told Faith, "My concern for you, and about this issue in general, is what if something happens to the parents and children have no way to prove their birth information. You’re a very impressive person and whatever your relationship, your parents really did something right raising you.â€

IMNSHO, Faith is succeeding in spite of her parents, not because of them.

Archived