IGNORED

Grace Christian Church Recruiting on Campus (MERGED)

divadivine

I'm glad this article appeared in the CSU student newspaper. I wonder if the university should include a brief presentation about cult recruitment techniques during freshman orientation. The incoming freshmen need to know that religious recruitment is only allowed in certain areas on campus. If they are bothered at the residence hall, that's a big red flag. The kids also need to know what resources exist if they feel lonely or isolated at college so they are less vulnerable to begin with. The school doesn't have to name any church names since the recruitment techniques are common to most cults. Freshman orientation seems like the perfect place to get the word out.

I made it as far as the beating infants for rolling over and I had to stop reading. Made me sick to my stomach.

http://www.collegian.com/2015/05/cult-o ... ch/124483/

Because my daughter is finishing CSU, this May, and both of my son's will be attending, beginning this fall, this story hit home. The previous members of this cult church describe philosophies that are way too similar to Gothardism. I understand the university's reluctance to curtail freedom of religion, assembly, and speech rights, but at the very least, some student group should design a flyer, which warns students about these people.

Sorry, wanted to add, this church actively recruits students, who are vulnerable, and then works to isolate them from friends and family. They tell these students that they are going to hell, if they don't distance themselves from non-believers. They also demand very personal financial information, after they convince you to work for them. Some members were told that they had to work for free. The most disturbing aspect, though, was that they convince the young women to give up their higher education, marry, and have children. Parents are taught to begin hitting their infants, as soon as they can hold their head up, to quell any rebellious behavior. There is now website that has been set up, as a support group for previous victims.

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25914

There was already a thread started about this...

I apologize. I honestly didn't see it. My daughter posted the link on my Facebook timeline, because she knows I have an interest in this subject. I was eager to share, and didn't take enough time to see if a thread had already been established.

Archived