IGNORED

Living without my Mellie

txmommyof4

I am so sad, so heartbroken. One month ago this coming Sunday my dog simply vanished off the face of the earth, it seems.

Her name is Carmella (Mellie) and she has been a beautiful, incredible, so important part of my family for 8 years. She was a young stray dumped on a dirt road by my mothers house when I met her and knew we belonged to one another. Best guess is she's half Corgi half Shar Pei.

She slept with either one of my kids or me every night, she was never away from us. We bought a new home about a year ago with a securely fenced yard. She loved the freedom to just go out whenever and everything seemed great. Then a stray dog dug under our fence. I carefully blocked the hole and secured everything. But we live in South Texas and our 'dirt' is mostly pure sand and easy to dig. I let her out one morning and she never came back in. Turns out the hole was re dug even larger. We have advertised in the paper, put out posters, gone door to door to door, searched for hours on end. How could she just vanish? She was wearing her collar with her name tag and rabies tag but her head is small and her neck is big so she loses it way too easy.

I just want my little girl home. I cry many times every day for her. My 4 kids are devastated. She is our family. How could she just vanish? I can't sleep.

Sorry this is long and rambling. I am just so sad. My husband doesn't seem too concerned and my kids are hurting enough without me dumping on them so I decided to dump it here.

Oh my, I am so very sorry. It's like a child, and what a horrible thing to have to wonder day after day about your beloved baby.

I hope Mellie comes home soon. :hug4:

Thank you. That's what I keep trying to explain to people who just don't seem to get it. That"s my baby. I just keep hoping, keep searching. I can't give up on her.

I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me six weeks ago with my beloved cat. Not knowing and not wanting to give up hope is so sad. I hope your baby comes home.

Thanks guys. And Destiny, I am so sorry about your Kitty. :cry: I hope both our babies are safe and somehow return to us.

Archived