IGNORED

The 7 Sisters go for a Valentine´s Outing at Starbucks

Anny Nym

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com

So the seven farmgirl sisters went to Starbucks on Valentine´s Day for some quirky tradition they have: Get some frappuccino and write a letter to yourself, also read out aloud the letter to yourself from last year.

Now this is not so much snark, but more pondering and wondering. The post on their page is funny enough, it´s actually a very nice read and made me lol a few times.

Still, there is imho some melancholic subtone about this grown women spending Valentine´s day at a fast Food place, writing letters to themselves. Will they still do that in 20 years? What if one sister wants to "break free"? I think the "imbalance" then would do some serious psychological damage on them, it´s just always this Cluster of Sisters.

Posts by the seven sisters are always funny and somehow sad at the same time.

How old are these women? Couldn't find it on the blog or the SOTDRT.

At least they had f-u-n...

Did you notice that they chipped in a dollar each to pay for the gas to get to Starbucks? It must be a hella long way from their house--so I guess its quite a special treat.

I believe that the oldest is late 20s--and no suitors in sight.

Dammit, somebody needs to hook these girls up with the Arndts already. If their parents really hit it off, they can just marry up seven of their kids at once. Problem solved. :lol:

They're not all grown women - the youngest three are 14, 15/16 and 17. Jessica, the oldest, is 27 or 28. I think this is quite a nice sisterly tradition, actually - something my sisters and I would do (if we didn't all have partners), and we're 30! When everyone involved shares a sense of humour, outings like that can be really fun even if objectively they'd seem mundane to other people.

On other 7 sisters matters, I think they do have somewhat wider ambitions and more freedom than people sometimes think on FJ. They earn and spend their own money (I'm sure one of them posted once about buying her own car, another bought a llama for their mini-farm, others buy their own musical instruments, etc.), they seem to be much more 'outward-looking' than the Maxwells and many other STAHDs we follow and have pretty normal social skills, several belong to a secular local symphony orchestra, they did 4-H, in their 'About Us' page they say things like Anna wanting to become a missionary in Africa and build schools there...I dunno, don't get me wrong, obviously they are fundies with a restricted life, but I don't think they're nearly as isolated as their dress and slight immaturity make them seem.

I'm also impressed at their reply to a Muslim lady's post/question to them on their 'About Us' page. They don't mention religious stuff once, and complement the recipes on her blog. Impressive for fundies!

I'm also impressed at their reply to a Muslim lady's post/question to them on their 'About Us' page. They don't mention religious stuff once, and complement the recipes on her blog. Impressive for fundies!

Yes, to me they have always been the most Christ-like of the fundies talked about here on FJ. They really treat people that don't live like them with respect, and they never seem to ask anything in return for their kindness and hospitality. If I had to belong to a fundie family, this is the one I'd choose.

Yes, to me they have always been the most Christ-like of the fundies talked about here on FJ. They really treat people that don't live like them with respect, and they never seem to ask anything in return for their kindness and hospitality. If I had to belong to a fundie family, this is the one I'd choose.

Yes, them and Rebecca from Hiswayserves. I think they are true examples of how 'good people can believe bad things' - ie. people who are kind at heart but, because of their fundie upbringing, believe some things that the rest of us find less than pleasant.

I want to set them up with the Arndt men. Both could learn a lot from the other.

They're too good for the Arndts.

I wouldn't wish the Arndt boys, or more specifically Mama Arndt, on either the seven sisters or Rebecca Eleventy. After learning more about them, I see shades of the former Mr. JFH and his mother (a woman far, far too invested in her sons' lives to ever really allow them to have a normal marriage).

I wouldn't wish the Arndt boys, or more specifically Mama Arndt, on either the seven sisters or Rebecca Eleventy. After learning more about them, I see shades of the former Mr. JFH and his mother (a woman far, far too invested in her sons' lives to ever really allow them to have a normal marriage).

Yeah, whatever is keeping them "safe at home" is all bad. :cry:

Yes, them and Rebecca from Hiswayserves. I think they are true examples of how 'good people can believe bad things' - ie. people who are kind at heart but, because of their fundie upbringing, believe some things that the rest of us find less than pleasant.

I saw on their blog that they had a couple they met while in DC over for a visit. I thought that was nice.

I saw on their blog that they had a couple they met while in DC over for a visit. I thought that was nice.

An older African-American couple.

They are very sweet girls who genuinely seem to enjoy life. Don't tell the Rodrigues, they'll probably go park in their driveway & sucker them out of a home cooked meal. Or three.

An older African-American couple.

They are very sweet girls who genuinely seem to enjoy life. Don't tell the Rodrigues, they'll probably go park in their driveway & sucker them out of a home cooked meal. Or three.

I hope they do go and the kids get to hang out with the cheerful jolly sisters, and really enjoy themselves, then eat a hearty home cooked meal, a nice story for the littles and a warm bath. The parents can literally fuck off and more babies for all I care.

I love the seven sisters. They always look like they are having such a genuinely GOOD TIME in life!

And bravo for the kind reply to the Muslim sister. Can you imagine Stevehovah's response to a Muslim comment? He wouldn't post it on the blog, and would probably reply with a lovely "Thanks for your comment. By the way, you will burn in hell for all eternity. Seriously, Steve" :roll:

You know why I could never snark on the 7 Sisters? In addition to being genuine, they are not trying to change other people. They are the opposite of Always Learning and Titus 2 and Large Families On Purpose and many others we snark on here. They are what they are, they are happy with themselves but they're happy knowing people very different from themselves too. No judging. What a breath of fresh air compared to other conservative Christians.

It's a good thing they all like each other so much (in fact, some of the sisters sleep together in double beds) because none of them are ever going to get married and escape the family home.

It's hard enough for a more 'typical' fundy girl who dresses fashionably, does her hair and makeup well, and goes to a decent size church to find a husband. Men have the pick of the bunch - and since you can't talk to the girl, it's all about how she looks - and people like the Seven Sisters who dress old fashioned, don't wear makeup or do their hair, are ridiculously tall and live in the middle of nowhere aren't exactly brimming with advantages.

Dammit, somebody needs to hook these girls up with the Arndts already. If their parents really hit it off, they can just marry up seven of their kids at once. Problem solved. :lol:

Ironically, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of the Arndt family's favorite movies. :lol: Yes, my humor is corny and fulled with irony today.

It's a shame, really. I think the Arndt boys are probably just as nice and genuine as the sisters, as they go about doing their thing, and don't seem terribly judgemental of others, and happy in their own world. But yes, Mama Arndt would definitely be the deal breaker. She'd steamroll those lovely girls in a heartbeat :cry:

It's a shame, really. I think the Arndt boys are probably just as nice and genuine as the sisters, as they go about doing their thing, and don't seem terribly judgemental of others, and happy in their own world. But yes, Mama Arndt would definitely be the deal breaker. She'd steamroll those lovely girls in a heartbeat :cry:

Yeah, that's the thing. My ex-husband was and is a really great person but Mama called the shots in everything he did, including things related to our marriage. I feel like Mama Arndt would be the same way. :(

Awww, I think that's quite a sweet tradition!

Well that makes two of us. I just can't snark on those girls. All kinds of wrong really, but it's like kicking a puppy :cry:

Yeah, they all just seem genuinely kind. Being so openly gay that I am almost literally on fire, I would run from most fundies. But if I saw the Seven Sisters at Starbucks, I would want to sit with them. I feel like they would be kind to me, unlike a Maxwell, and would see some commonalities we have (hobbies, believing in developing yourself before jumping into a marriage and commitment before sex, love of Starbucks and caffeine generally, etc.).

The 7 sisters make me think of the opening scenes of Little Women--if they got word that a neighbor was suffering on Christmas, they would totally pack up their breakfast and take it over to them.

Archived