IGNORED

Pence signs 'religious freedom' bill Wal Mart reacts - MERGE

salex

How would the pizza place even know the pizza was for a gay wedding? If one person went in and ordered 50 pizzas for a wedding, would they ask if it is a gay wedding? Seems unlikely. So 50 pizzas are ordered and paid for and are delivered at the appointed time. If the gay couple accepts the pizzas (instead of a third person, such as an event planner) will the shop issue a refund and take their 50 pizzas and go home? This is the theater of the absurd.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy hell. The GOFUNDME account is up to 765k. This is truly insane. These people will be millionaires by weeks end for being bigots. :shock: :? :oops: :think: :wtf: :pull-hair:

The best I ever got paid for being a total asshole was the equivalent of about a hundred bucks a week - if that.

1) Move to the US.

2) Claim I refuse to serve gays where I work because I'm a bigot.

3) ? GOFUNDME account.

4) PROFIT!

Yet that money won't last but the, er, memories of people who heard this shit will last as long as the internet does.

ETA: They should be proud! That GOFUNDME account has finally accomplished what seeing horrible shit that made me want to rip out my eyes even couldn't: I think I might finally be an atheist.

I cant belive the shit people will donate to. As much as I don't like go fund me unless it's for legit reasons, I see no one donating to the woman with cancer. Or the cat that needs surgery. Or the husband with brain cancer wanting to take his family to a day at Disney land before he dies. But if a pizzeria fucking weeps and cries about being discriminated against gays and they can donate 700k? This country is backwards.

Donations are now closed. The Memories Pizza bigots received $842,387 in donations. On top of that, they will be receiving financial advice and accounting help on Monday pro bono. This seriously pisses me off. Some people and their disgusting priorities.

Donations are now closed. The Memories Pizza bigots received $842,387 in donations. On top of that, they will be receiving financial advice and accounting help on Monday pro bono. This seriously pisses me off. Some people and their disgusting priorities.

this happens so often. all you have to do is look at the duggers.

• 5 months later...

this is so funny.

Gay Couple Tricks Homophobic Pizzeria Into Catering Their Wedding Celebration

Memories Pizza made headlines earlier this year when, thanks to Indiana’s Religious Freedom legislation, a pizza shop run by homophobic bigots proudly said that it would not serve gay couples. The owners of Memories Pizza were rewarded for their hatred when bigots across the nation raised nearly $1 million in support of the pizza shop’s relentless homophobia in response to public backlash over their decision to discriminate. But while the “Christian establishment,†a public business that is required to follow all nondiscrimination laws, has said that it will not provide pizzas for same-sex weddings, they weren’t counting on Robin Trevino and Jason Delgatto.

The couple had a wedding ceremony in Illinois in 2008, before their marriage was technically legal. The following year, they got an official license in Iowa, but were unable to celebrate with friends and family. Since the GayCo Ensemble, a comedy troupe of which Trevino is a member was producing a a “50 States of Gay†celebration, which focused on Indiana, Trevino decided that it was a great time to renew his vows.

Trevino drove to Walkerton, Indiana, where he ordered two pizzas from resident bigot Crystal O’Conner, who said she would deny service for same-sex weddings after Indiana passed a law that allowed her to do so — one that was swiftly changed to include protections against discrimination after it became clear that rabid homophobes like O’Conner would take advantage of it to blatantly discriminate against groups of people they don’t like.

After delgatto and Trevino exchanged their vows, the couple served Memories Pizza to their cheering crowd of friends and family. “Memories Pizza said that they would not ever cater a gay wedding,†Trevino said, before announcing that he had bought some food from the hatemongers. To laughter and applause, he announced:

“Memories Pizza just catered our gay wedding.â€

Now that Memories has accidentally catered a gay wedding, perhaps they can open their business to the LGBT community. Who knows? They might have hope of not being a national embarrassment, yet. After all, marriage equality is the law of the land, now.

Archived