IGNORED

J'Chelle As A Grandma

ljohnson2006

So they posted for Michaels birthday. according to the article I read they are using him to promote their name/ brand ( probably)

However they did seem to spend his birthday with him and hopefully it wasn't all about the picture taking.

I feel like his hair is quite dark.

If they post similar messages about all grandkids in a few years that's all we will see.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering who took care of the Mkids when Josh/Anna were in CA. Michael would probably have to sleep in the boy's bedroom. Marcus was probably allowed to sleep in the girls' but once Joshanna go on the retreat promised by J/M he will probably be old enough to be shipped to the boys' room. That doesn't mean that during the day JoyAnna or even Johanna isn't in charge of at least one of them. :roll:

I've been wondering who took care of the Mkids when Josh/Anna were in CA. Michael would probably have to sleep in the boy's bedroom. Marcus was probably allowed to sleep in the girls' but once Joshanna go on the retreat promised by J/M he will probably be old enough to be shipped to the boys' room. That doesn't mean that during the day JoyAnna or even Johanna isn't in charge of at least one of them. :roll:

Um sorry to disappoint you and Joshanna, but there will be no couples retreat unless TLC is there to film and pay for it. That would be the episode where you see them on retreat getting that spark back while Anna pees on lots and lots of sticks. Meanwhile, back TTH, you see the M'kids running amok with their aunts and uncles.

I just had a terrible thought - what if the name "Joshanna" is used for one of the many grandkids?? Thank gawd Of'Boob's babymaker is closed for business! :o

I also noticed the post about Michael's bday yesterday - all the J'kids (Josh, Jessa, Jill) posted around the same time (10:40am). Coincidence? Or concerted effort to exploit young children (preschool, infant and fetus) to see if public opinion towards them has changed?

Boob's statement about having the grandkids return to their parents' homes is so weird to me, because he still has kids at home who are the same age .... I know sometimes aunt/uncles and grandkids overlap, but it will never stop being odd (to me, ymmv). My folks are 62 and their oldest grandchild is 5 (not mine, I'm a confirmed Auntie). But yeah, they'll have one of my nieces or nephews spend the night, and it's a really special treat for the kiddo. If I'm not busy, sometimes I'll go up and stay overnight too, so we can cook dinner as a family and I can help my folks give them a bath and put them to bed (especially if there's more than one staying over). Last month, my parents, who have an RV, took my 4 year old niece camping over the weekend for her birthday, and a couple months ago, my bf and I took his 3 year old niece and my 3 year old niece on an overnight tent-camping trip to the beach (wow, was that a lot of work lol. but worth it).

I guess having a close extended family is not required for a happy childhood, but it kind of bums me out to think grandparents and uncles/aunts wouldn't treasure their time with you because you're just one of 40.

I just had a terrible thought - what if the name "Joshanna" is used for one of the many grandkids?? Thank gawd Of'Boob's babymaker is closed for business! :o

I also noticed the post about Michael's bday yesterday - all the J'kids (Josh, Jessa, Jill) posted around the same time (10:40am). Coincidence? Or concerted effort to exploit young children (preschool, infant and fetus) to see if public opinion towards them has changed?

Boob's statement about having the grandkids return to their parents' homes is so weird to me, because he still has kids at home who are the same age .... I know sometimes aunt/uncles and grandkids overlap, but it will never stop being odd (to me, ymmv). My folks are 62 and their oldest grandchild is 5 (not mine, I'm a confirmed Auntie). But yeah, they'll have one of my nieces or nephews spend the night, and it's a really special treat for the kiddo. If I'm not busy, sometimes I'll go up and stay overnight too, so we can cook dinner as a family and I can help my folks give them a bath and put them to bed (especially if there's more than one staying over). Last month, my parents, who have an RV, took my 4 year old niece camping over the weekend for her birthday, and a couple months ago, my bf and I took his 3 year old niece and my 3 year old niece on an overnight tent-camping trip to the beach (wow, was that a lot of work lol. but worth it).

I guess having a close extended family is not required for a happy childhood, but it kind of bums me out to think grandparents and uncles/aunts wouldn't treasure their time with you because you're just one of 40.

Just like having 19 children, talk about the dilution factor.

JB likes have the grandkids come back because he likes to survey all his quivers. Like Meechelle with her crazy eyes when she mentioned now the multiplication process is starting, JB is thrilled to see how his minions are growing into a legion.

JB likes have the grandkids come back because he likes to survey all his quivers. Like Meechelle with her crazy eyes when she mentioned now the multiplication process is starting, JB is thrilled to see how his minions are growing into a legion.

All of his quivers... :puke-huge:

I am replying to this very late, but better late than never. My maternal grandmother was checked out by the time I was born (she also didn't go to my mother's wedding). The only interaction with her I had as a child is that she sent me stickers in the mail. I don't think I even met her in person until I was about 12. (They lived halfway across the country-- my grandfather made annual trips but she never came with him).

Fast forward to me being a 30 something adult. My grandfather passed away at the end of 2013 and I travelled up for the funeral. I end up being in charge of making sure my grandmother (now in a nursing home)'s needs are met and she seems to have developed a newfound relationship with me.

Now I am coordinating her care and managing her finances. Of her 4.5 grandchildren (one is a step grandchild), I'm the only one who even calls her. It is not an easy thing to do, but it would probably be easier if I actually had a relationship with her (I have a great relationship with my paternal grandparents and stepgrandparents).

I don't want to be hostile, and I'm sure you didn't stop to think how it sounds -- but it is really insulting and disrespectful to refer to a step grandchild as only " counting" as half a person. I have a blended family.

Sometimes , when discussing my now grown children I'll need to make a distinction between biological and step children . IF I'm discussing family history or talking about births / pregnancies or specific events or family dynamics, or child support / joint custody and it's relevant. If it's relevant. Otherwise, it's just " the kids" or " our family"

I've never had it be relevant in discussing my eight grandchildren. They are all my grandkids regardless.

And definitely I would never, ever refer to one of them as half a grandchild.

Sorry, again, I'm sure you didn't think of it as an offensive term. Just letting you know.

Archived