IGNORED

J'Chelle As A Grandma

ljohnson2006

I think she toes the family line well stressed or not. She knows it's all for the Lord! She will be pg for sure by Christmas.

IDK, she admits that she did not make dinner for 12+ weeks. Her only responsibility, home, hearth and sex, yet she failed...in the first month of her marriage.

Nah, she did not power on through the initial stage of pregnancy.

I think toeing the line will be quickly discarded and disregarded.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDK, she admits that she did not make dinner for 12+ weeks. Her only responsibility, home, hearth and sex, yet she failed...in the first month of her marriage.

Nah, she did not power on through the initial stage of pregnancy.

I think toeing the line will be quickly discarded and disregarded.

Not to mention my friend who is about to have baby #3 has prepared 16 weeks of food (that's one hell of a deep freezer hehe) and she's 37 weeks.

She's also in no way religious - oh no Jill, the atheists are more organized than you!

Not to mention my friend who is about to have baby #3 has prepared 16 weeks of food (that's one hell of a deep freezer hehe) and she's 37 weeks.

She's also in no way religious - oh no Jill, the atheists are more organized than you!

I am sorry, but if my only use, goal and purpose in life, according to my own beliefs, was :husband, home, sex, pregnancy and motherhood, I would make damn sure that I was acing those goals, especially if I had been speaking about such beliefs on a public, worldwide forum for 10 years.

If I could find a way to drive multiple times a day to my hub's place of business, I would certainly find a way to make my provider dinner each night.

Plus, wasn't she also meeting him daily, for lunch????

So she is able to eat, not just cook?

BS!

I am sorry, but if my only use, goal and purpose in life, according to my own beliefs, was :husband, home, sex, pregnancy and motherhood, I would make damn sure that I was acing those goals, especially if I had been speaking about such beliefs on a public, worldwide forum for 10 years.

If I could find a way to drive multiple times a day to my hub's place of business, I would certainly find a way to make my provider dinner each night.

Plus, wasn't she also meeting him daily, for lunch???

So she is able to eat, not just cook?

BS!

I remember lifting the lid from the pot of broccoli I was cooking, the smell drove me to the bathroom, but I went back to it, served it up and probably ate it once it was cooked. Also canned cat food made me sick, no one else there to feed them so I had power through. So put a little star next to my name. lol :lol: Wait until she is sick with the next one and has to change a nasty diaper, it ought to be interesting. :ew:

So she's pregnant for the first time, didn't really have time to settle into her new life, she's HUGE and overwhelmed/tired but of course since the Duggars' shtick is to promote a SAH way of life for a woman she should at least ace in the different areas of the super-wife competition.

BULLSHIT! :roll: Give that girl a break. It's not like she hasn't already done enough housework for a girl her age. She's worked her ass off forever but because she's lacking tact and she's not as humble as CinderJana, she gets snarked on like there's no tomorrow. She's very pregnant and she's huge, and has been looking tired for weeks. If Derick is fine with take-out food and taking her out for food, then more power to them. She will have enough work to do in the coming years.

If Jill wants a break, she can stop announcing every scrap of information on social media. She doesn't have to do that.

So she's pregnant for the first time, didn't really have time to settle into her new life, she's HUGE and overwhelmed/tired but of course since the Duggars' shtick is to promote a SAH way of life for a woman she should at least ace in the different areas of the super-wife competition.

BULLSHIT! :roll: Give that girl a break. It's not like she hasn't already done enough housework for a girl her age. She's worked her ass off forever but because she's lacking tact and she's not as humble as CinderJana, she gets snarked on like there's no tomorrow. She's very pregnant and she's huge, and has been looking tired for weeks. If Derick is fine with take-out food and taking her out for food, then more power to them. She will have enough work to do in the coming years.

The mistake you folks have made is judging Jill by your or mainstream standards-. Remember she is better than you and your feminist ways.

LOL- They cannot have it both ways.

They make their living on being different and better than everyone else.

I guarantee that Michelle had done less actual childraising and cooking and cleaning in the end than any feminist mother of 3, who were completely dedicated to catering to their children`s and family`s need.

Feminism does not make you a shitty mother, a lazy housekeeper and a shitty cook. Being a lazy and dumb sow does. Michelle is a lazy and dumb sow.

I guarantee that Michelle had done less actual childraising and cooking and cleaning in the end than any feminist mother of 3, who were completely dedicated to catering to their children`s and family`s need.

Feminism does not make you a shitty mother, a lazy housekeeper and a shitty cook. Being a lazy and dumb sow does. Michelle is a lazy and dumb sow.

I absolutely agree.

Lmao! I've never seen this. I take it it's quite popular with the fundies?

I'd love to see this and other stuff on a Pinterest page- stuff fundies like. Lol. Off to look for stuff now!

Post a picture of those curtains of beads used in doorways from ceiling to floor--I'm sure there's a word-- and then do a close-up that says "Duggar grandchildren's birthdays". :lol:

Every day, Jim Bob and Michelle could check their beads to see which gkid had a birthday.

Call said gkid, say happy birthday, hang up.

Kid gets annual minutes of attention from Gpa/Gma Duggar.

I wouldnt call her a dumb sow but she isnt the brightest bulb in the box either. I dont find her a doting grandparent myself. And would there be enough unique names for 190 in one family? I envision a "Hi my name Larry this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl"

I wouldnt call her a dumb sow but she isnt the brightest bulb in the box either. I dont find her a doting grandparent myself. And would there be enough unique names for 190 in one family? I envision a "Hi my name Larry this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl"

The 190th most popular names for american babies are Kingston and Julianna. Even if you double that number to allow for the phonetic repetitions (eg Alicia and Alyssa) and culturally inappropriate (eg Mohammad) names in the upper ranks, you get things like Dexter, Noel, Taylor, and Gideon for the boys and Kelly, Bethany, Arielle, and Elsie for the girls. So I'm sure they can avoid repeats, if they desire, without having to get too weird! What I really want to have happen if for someone to announce that they have chosen to do theme names with the letter Q, and that they'll stop reproducing when they run out. "These our our children, Quinn, and Responsible Family Planning the First." :)

Sorry. Name nerd putting off a paper. And I was curious to see how unusual the lower ranking names would be.

• 1 month later...
With all the littles still at her own home how would she really enjoy the grandchild other than saying she has another and a quick snuggle with a newborn? (Think she sneaks the child off to try to nurse it so she can pretend it's hers? )

She never doted on her own so why would she feel the need to dote on her grands?

She would not have them over to spend the night because she wouldn't be taking care of the child - it would be the J'slaves.

Have to agree. I think she probably will spend 5 to 10 minutes with them and then ship them off to one of the auntie/uncle buddy systems. I think as Josie required so much help as a prem newborn I think that had some to do with her spending time with grkids. I would think that as J/A were close to M at that point that on occasions she probably did get to see Mak/Mike a bit since they had the big house and playroom and we know those kids would enjoy that and their cousins probably during times they weren't filming. I felt that JB said it truly about grkids in last show, its great to have them then they go home with parents (when hearing the news of 4th child from J/A).

This post wants me to reach out to Jill and Jessa and tell them to cherish their in-laws (although Cathy's husband seems to want nothing to do with the Duggars).

I can see Cathy being a very good grandmother to Izzy. I can also see Ben's mom being a very good grandmother. I'd love nothing more than to see Jessa and Ben move near his parents.

Have to agree. I think she probably will spend 5 to 10 minutes with them and then ship them off to one of the auntie/uncle buddy systems. I think as Josie required so much help as a prem newborn I think that had some to do with her spending time with grkids. I would think that as J/A were close to M at that point that on occasions she probably did get to see Mak/Mike a bit since they had the big house and playroom and we know those kids would enjoy that and their cousins probably during times they weren't filming. I felt that JB said it truly about grkids in last show, its great to have them then they go home with parents (when hearing the news of 4th child from J/A).

Except they aren't their cousins! It's aunt and uncles!

This post wants me to reach out to Jill and Jessa and tell them to cherish their in-laws (although Cathy's husband seems to want nothing to do with the Duggars).

I can see Cathy being a very good grandmother to Izzy. I can also see Ben's mom being a very good grandmother. I'd love nothing more than to see Jessa and Ben move near his parents.

I'm sure it'll eventually become very obvious.

I had a 'remote' mother and grandmother, but my family was much smaller. My sister stepped into the mother role, and it was traumatic for me when she left home to be married. Surely the Duggarettes that were charges of Jill and Jessa must be missing them as parental figures. After all, they can't get reassurance from Michelle. When I had my kids, my mother and grandmother were just the same. Thank God for the in-laws who had a wonderful relationship as grandparents. Even though my kids are now grown and gone, I still get pangs of anger and sadness towards my mother. Sadness that my mother never really knew me, and anger because she should have imo.

Right now the Duggar kids might be turning to each other, but it's not the same. I can't believe that Michelle and JimBoob rotate and spend special time with each kid on their own. Something in me says it's for the cameras most of the time. A kid wants to feel special. It can be done, even in a large family. And it can be missing in a small one.

When Jill or Jessa (can't remember which one!) announced their pregnancy, it stood out to me that Michelle didn't jump up and hug her daughter congratulations right away. I found it very odd. I just don't see Michelle as being very interested at all in the grandkids, just the numbers. Jill and Jessa will feel that, and so will their kids.

I have a phrase to describe her: A Cold Wind Blows.

MEchelle, is as always too caught up in herself, she doesn't give a crap about her Grandkids, she's just trying to save face, and make nice for the cameras, she's really screaming inside, because she's all dried up where making babies is concerned. :lol:

Michelle has 19 children and has to take notes when talking to them. She'll never keep up with the grand kids.

Dan had a shirt on during the Izzy VSE that said Uncle: like a dad but more fun. I can't wait until Izzy is old enough to go hang out with uncle Dan for a few days and take in what he's around. Dan will be teaching him algebra under the table. "To solve for x first you must...... Now don't tell mom that you learned this from me."

Michelle has 19 children and has to take notes when talking to them. She'll never keep up with the grand kids.

Dan had a shirt on during the Izzy VSE that said Uncle: like a dad but more fun. I can't wait until Izzy is old enough to go hang out with uncle Dan for a few days and take in what he's around. Dan will be teaching him algebra under the table. "To solve for x first you must...... Now don't tell mom that you learned this from me."

I come from a huge family on my dad's side, in fact I have over 40 first cousins just on my Dad's side alone. It was very difficult and very rare to get any special attention from my paternal grandparents, I think they were just overwhelmed with the sheer amount of grandchildren they had. Presents were a rarity because on a fixed income as they got older it was so expensive to buy for 48 birthdays and to buy for 48 grandkids at Christmas. My grandfather I believe, never knew my name he called me "Becky" all the time and that is not my name. They would do for monumental events like high school graduation but other than that we didn't get much monetarily from my grandparents which is okay, now that I'm older I understand it but as a kid it was kind of hurtful to go to a neighborhood kids' party and see the nice presents they received from their grandparents. So it will be interesting to see how the Duggar's handle a multitude of grandchildren. In about 10 yrs they will have exceeded my grandparent's 40+ grandchildren I'm sure (my parents had 8 kids so the total number of grandchildren they had was 48.) I was able to establish a fairly close relationship with some of my cousins close to me in age and that did have its benefits and was a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...
I had a 'remote' mother and grandmother, but my family was much smaller. My sister stepped into the mother role, and it was traumatic for me when she left home to be married. Surely the Duggarettes that were charges of Jill and Jessa must be missing them as parental figures. After all, they can't get reassurance from Michelle. When I had my kids, my mother and grandmother were just the same. Thank God for the in-laws who had a wonderful relationship as grandparents. Even though my kids are now grown and gone, I still get pangs of anger and sadness towards my mother. Sadness that my mother never really knew me, and anger because she should have imo.

Right now the Duggar kids might be turning to each other, but it's not the same. I can't believe that Michelle and JimBoob rotate and spend special time with each kid on their own. Something in me says it's for the cameras most of the time. A kid wants to feel special. It can be done, even in a large family. And it can be missing in a small one.

When Jill or Jessa (can't remember which one!) announced their pregnancy, it stood out to me that Michelle didn't jump up and hug her daughter congratulations right away. I found it very odd. I just don't see Michelle as being very interested at all in the grandkids, just the numbers. Jill and Jessa will feel that, and so will their kids.

I am replying to this very late, but better late than never. My maternal grandmother was checked out by the time I was born (she also didn't go to my mother's wedding). The only interaction with her I had as a child is that she sent me stickers in the mail. I don't think I even met her in person until I was about 12. (They lived halfway across the country-- my grandfather made annual trips but she never came with him).

Fast forward to me being a 30 something adult. My grandfather passed away at the end of 2013 and I travelled up for the funeral. I end up being in charge of making sure my grandmother (now in a nursing home)'s needs are met and she seems to have developed a newfound relationship with me.

Now I am coordinating her care and managing her finances. Of her 4.5 grandchildren (one is a step grandchild), I'm the only one who even calls her. It is not an easy thing to do, but it would probably be easier if I actually had a relationship with her (I have a great relationship with my paternal grandparents and stepgrandparents).

I've mentioned before that the only grandmother I had was extremely cold, and it was something I noticed since she was especially cold to me because I was a girl, and she didn't know how to deal with girls, plus it was a patriarchal Catholic family. There was one time when a cousin of mine was baptized, and I was about 8 at the time and I had asked my grandma if I could do something, and she said it was my cousin's day. I don't remember what it was, but it might have been to get out some toys that I could play with quietly, but it's just that she wasn't a very loving person unless it was towards her favorite, my batshit crazy uncle. Everything had to be planned in advance before we showed up, and both grandparents were extremely formal, but that's just the way they were and I can't exactly fault them for that. Still, when my grandma died last year, at first I was surprised I didn't cry at her funeral, but then again, it could be said that they had to use other ways to tell she was dead because she was cold while alive.

Archived