IGNORED

J'Chelle As A Grandma

ljohnson2006

As we've all seen on the show, J'Chelle gushes about how great having grandkids is. How come she barely acknowledges the kids when they lived near them? Did she ever give Smuggar and Anna a break, and keep them overnight? I honestly think that J'Chelle is jealous of her grandkids, because she can no longer have kids. You should enjoy them. You'll have many. J'Chelle can't stand it when the attention isn't solely on her.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the littles still at her own home how would she really enjoy the grandchild other than saying she has another and a quick snuggle with a newborn? (Think she sneaks the child off to try to nurse it so she can pretend it's hers? )

She never doted on her own so why would she feel the need to dote on her grands?

She would not have them over to spend the night because she wouldn't be taking care of the child - it would be the J'slaves.

I think Michelle is the same with her grandkids as she was with her younger kids (minus Josie). She will give them a hug or bend down and listen to Mac for a minute but then the grandkids just as her own kids are someone else's job for feeding, changing and taking care of their needs. I think it has been years since she has spent any real amount of time alone with kids under 6(again not counting Josie). I have a feeling Michelle spends a lot more time then we see or know doing PR stuff, networking and working on the tours and book/tv deals.

Children are like flowers there can never be too many, babbles to Michelle. They are something to collect.

Frankly, I do not think she even likes babies (including Josie). All those kids were at first, the result of cult brainwashing and in the end, the way to keep the money flowing via AND COUNTING. She definetly enjoyed the attention that mega pregnancies provided, and in the end, the older girls were doing all the work associated with each additional blessing, so win/win...more money without the work.

I don't expect to like her any more because of her behavior as a grandparent than I do from her behavior as a parent.

Children are like flowers there can never be too many, babbles to Michelle. They are something to collect.

Frankly, I do not think she even likes babies (including Josie). All those kids were at first, the result of cult brainwashing and in the end, the way to keep the money flowing via AND COUNTING. She definetly enjoyed the attention that mega pregnancies provided, and in the end, the older girls were doing all the work associated with each additional blessing, so win/win...more money without the work.

I disagree. When we saw her in Tyler tx and I asked if she wanted to hold my daughter (2 months old) she jumped at that. She and Jill both held her. She is like my mother in law, she likes newbs then passes them off.

Like other said, J'Chelle is about as interested in her grandkids as she is in her own children, which is not very much. For her, the main purpose of having kids or grandkids is probably being able to brag about how many she has.

And let's face it, even if not all of her children will go down the quiverfull route, in a few years, there will be so many Grandduggars around that they can be glad if Boob and J'Chelle even remember their names.

I disagree. When we saw her in Tyler tx and I asked if she wanted to hold my daughter (2 months old) she jumped at that. She and Jill both held her. She is like my mother in law, she likes newbs then passes them off.

Why on earth would you let a stranger hold your 2 month old baby?!?! Yikes!

What Michelle most likely "liked" in that exchange was you giving her attention. The baby was a mere prop, much like her own kids.

What Michelle most likely "liked" in that exchange was you giving her attention. The baby was a mere prop, much like her own kids.

This. And she has a public role to play, so she has to act excited about babies and children in general.

She used to hand down her babies once they were 6 month old and rushed into pregnancy after pregnancy. She doesn't care much for her own kids, neither does she for the grandchildren.

She used to hand down her babies once they were 6 month old and rushed into pregnancy after pregnancy. She doesn't care much for her own kids, neither does she for the grandchildren.

Exactly.

I'm so rooting for her. Her grandchild will need her. She will be his only functioning grandma.

Why on earth would you let a stranger hold your 2 month old baby?!?! Yikes!

I was standing less then two feet away as was my husband was standing and mom. A mix of social pressure and she gushed over how tiny she was. I've let a women with cancer hold her in her lap as I finished charts. Again less then two feet from them.

I think Michelle loves her grandchildren as someone like her is able to, but it isn't in the typical way a grandma loves their grandchildren. I doubt she has much interest in babysitting them or being involved in their day to day lives. She loves the idea of them, but besides holding them as babies she isn't going to do much. I also think Josh and Anna's kids kind of irritate her due to what she sees as their bad behavior, but they're still grand kids she can mark off on her bedpost so she's happy.

I think it is fairly obvious that she loves only babies and I think it's obvious that she loves Jill more than any of the other kids except for Josie - so I have this strong feeling that Baby Dilly will be her favorite and she won't let him go

I think it's obvious that Cathy is going to cherish Baby Dilly, and not parade him around like it's her child.

Anna's parents cross me as the type that would love to spend lots of times with their grandkids. It's too bad they are so far away because it would be nice for them to have grandparents who actually enjoy them. Michelle isn't that type of grandparent and I have never even seen Jim Bob spend time with them.

As to Cathy, she is likely to buy Baby Dilly books and educational toys to start him off right in life. We know J & M aren't going to do that. Let's hope he gets to watch Sesame Street at her house.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Anna's parents have watched the M'kids overnight. I also wouldn't be surprised if they've stayed there a whole week. For all the Kellers' faults, they do seem to really love their kids and grandkids. More so as they age. However, I would be very surprised if the M'kids have stayed overnight at TTH without Josh and Anna.

I wonder how much Jill will notice the differences between how J'chelle and Cathy interact with the babe. Wonder if that will help bring a few things home and look outside her own upbringing.

I wonder how much Jill will notice the differences between how J'chelle and Cathy interact with the babe. Wonder if that will help bring a few things home and look outside her own upbringing.

One can certainly hope.

Sometimes lesser is more- a concept that the Duggars certainly do not seem to understand.

Jill has been chugging on the kool aid mardi gras style, from a tube. She won't notice anything. Even if she will, she'll come up with excuses for her distant and cold hearted mother.

Archived