IGNORED

HBO Documentary: Going Clear

Peas n carrots

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant! But obviously SNL was concerned about getting sued.

Oh I think if they were worried they wouldn't have done it

By now everyone knows that Scientology/David Miscavige broke up Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, but it/he also broke up Cruise's first marriage to Mimi Rogers because she's a "squirrel" (i.e., practicing Scientology "tech" outside of Scientology itself):

http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/12/how-sc ... ent-heard/

It's amazing how much time and effort that Scientology has spent to micromanage Tom Cruise's personal life to make sure he tows the line. I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't so well documented.

I don't have an apple phone so that doesn't help with HBO go and I have charter so no on demand. Darn it :(

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched this last night. That so-called Church definitely has all the hallmarks of a cult. The brainwashing, isolating members from family and friends that are considered to be Suppressive Persons.

Kudos to Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun for finally getting out and spilling the beans, but it is certainly a shame they didn't do it a lot earlier, not that I imagine it's easy. The footage of the Scientology spies renting a house across the road from Rinder and his new wife and filming them for 5 years is so many levels of WTF.

I've never been particularly fond of Nicole Kidman in the past, but I certainly have some sympathy for her now, with the Church splitting her and Cruise up (no great loss there though), and worse still, turning her children against her.

Just an evil organisation.

Miscavige is certainly a psychopath.

Finally watched this last night. That so-called Church definitely has all the hallmarks of a cult. The brainwashing, isolating members from family and friends that are considered to be Suppressive Persons.

Kudos to Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun for finally getting out and spilling the beans, but it is certainly a shame they didn't do it a lot earlier, not that I imagine it's easy. The footage of the Scientology spies renting a house across the road from Rinder and his new wife and filming them for 5 years is so many levels of WTF.

I've never been particularly fond of Nicole Kidman in the past, but I certainly have some sympathy for her now, with the Church splitting her and Cruise up (no great loss there though), and worse still, turning her children against her.

Just an evil organisation.

Miscavige is certainly a psychopath.

Miscaviage looks just like Christian Bale in American Psycho. Those soulless eyes.

Christian Bale has said that he based his mannerisms in the movie on Tom Cruise.

I think they should fix Tom up with Gwyneth Paltrow. Scientology seems like the perfect fit for her.

If Cruise really wants to do some good in the world, he ought to get out of that so-called "Church", and be the force that brings it down, because I really think if he left, that would be tantamount to a death blow to them.

Having said that, for him to leave would mean admitting to himself he had wasted so many millions, so much time, and been duped for years - a hard thing to accept. He would probably need serious deprogramming before he could do much, as well. Not to mention he may lose contact with Connor and Isabella, his kids with Nicole, if they chose to stay in.

I doubt he will leave as Co$ either has too much dirt on him from recorded auditing sessions, or he has too much to gain by staying. The way they pander to his ego, fit out his homes and luxury vehicles, and give him what he wants (including potential wives/girlfriends) would be pretty seductive for him.

Props to Katie Holmes' father for tying Cruise up in a pre-nup, making it easier for Katie to walk when Suri was old enough for the Sea Org.

If Cruise really wants to do some good in the world, he ought to get out of that so-called "Church", and be the force that brings it down, because I really think if he left, that would be tantamount to a death blow to them.

Having said that, for him to leave would mean admitting to himself he had wasted so many millions, so much time, and been duped for years - a hard thing to accept. He would probably need serious deprogramming before he could do much, as well. Not to mention he may lose contact with Connor and Isabella, his kids with Nicole, if they chose to stay in.

I doubt he will leave as Co$ either has too much dirt on him from recorded auditing sessions, or he has too much to gain by staying. The way they pander to his ego, fit out his homes and luxury vehicles, and give him what he wants (including potential wives/girlfriends) would be pretty seductive for him.

Props to Katie Holmes' father for tying Cruise up in a pre-nup, making it easier for Katie to walk when Suri was old enough for the Sea Org.

Not to mention Tom would have to publicly admit to having accepted slave labor to fit out his home and vehicles. He's almost as bad as David Miscavage. The only thing Tom has going for him is there is no evidence of him manipulating and beating Sea Org members.

just finished "Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion" by Janet Reitman. L. Ron Hubbard? Un-be-lievable. Crook through and through. I'm looking forward to reading/seeing "Going Clear", and also to the day when Tom Cruise has to face the music. You know it's coming, Tom...

By now everyone knows that Scientology/David Miscavige broke up Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, but it/he also broke up Cruise's first marriage to Mimi Rogers because she's a "squirrel" (i.e., practicing Scientology "tech" outside of Scientology itself):

http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/12/how-sc ... ent-heard/

It's amazing how much time and effort that Scientology has spent to micromanage Tom Cruise's personal life to make sure he tows the line. I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't so well documented.

Very interesting article. At this point, I would be surprised if Tom ended up in another long-term relationship. If he does, it will be awhile, and most likely with another Scieno. But honestly, Miscavage and crew are like that overbearing mother, who hates all of her son's dates, and actively works to drive them all away. Scientology so desperately wants that famous public figure for Tom, but is too emotionally involved to step back and let it happen.

Now I'm super interested to know the truth about the end of Tom's relationship with Katie Holmes.

I think it's a generally accepted belief that part of Tom and Katie's divorce agreement was that she would keep quiet. I'm sure it will come out eventually.

Now I'm super interested to know the truth about the end of Tom's relationship with Katie Holmes.

Same here - I did read somewhere that Katie's father wasn't happy about his daughters relationship and subsequent marriage to Cruise, although wise enough to realise he couldn't really stop it. So he did the next best thing as a divorce attorney (or he knew a good divorce attorney, I forget now), he drew up a massively long pre-nup and had Cruise sign, which is why Katie seemed to not only simply walk away from Cruise at the end, but also take their daughter. She, I think, had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I think it's a generally accepted belief that part of Tom and Katie's divorce agreement was that she would keep quiet. I'm sure it will come out eventually.

I think it's the same with Nicole. She hasn't ever really said anything, either.

Sorry for the two posts one after the other but...

...I just saw a tweet from Louis Theroux who is making a documentary on Scientology for the BBC, and apparently, the Co$ are on the attack and making a documentary about Louis. He said in his tweet he's a little bit excited and a little bit nervous 8-)

His documentary about Co$ isn't based on the book Going Clear.

Sorry for the two posts one after the other but...

...I just saw a tweet from Louis Theroux who is making a documentary on Scientology for the BBC, and apparently, the Co$ are on the attack and making a documentary about Louis. He said in his tweet he's a little bit excited and a little bit nervous 8-)

His documentary about Co$ isn't based on the book Going Clear.

Now this should be a slam dunk for Louis. He always lets the crazy speak for itself, and $cientology won't let him down.

The Scientologists claim to love their religion because it is not super dogmatic (no, just a cult) and its focus is "happiness."

It really sounds like those people needed a Unitarian Universalist church but didn't discover it in time.

The Scientologists claim to love their religion because it is not super dogmatic (no, just a cult) and its focus is "happiness."

It really sounds like those people needed a Unitarian Universalist church but didn't discover it in time.

Yeah, I don't get it -- sure, they aren't strict about doctrine (at least on the face of things), but they will take your money, break up your marriage, neglect your babies, etc, etc.

Now this should be a slam dunk for Louis. He always lets the crazy speak for itself, and $cientology won't let him down.

I love Louis Theroux, but I think a Scientology film about Louis would be interesting to watch too, especially after the Angry Gay Pope has finished adding his commentary :lol:

• 3 months later...

DH subscribes to a mag called "The Week: The best of the U.S. and international media"

The Gossip section noted that National Enquirer claims that Tom Cruise will leave Scientology in order to spend more time with Suri, who (along with her mother Katie Holmes), have been branded Suppressive Persons.

So some of you may be thinking, like me, WHOA, Tom Cruise abandoning Scientology? That's HUGE.

So, I googled around and found this article on theFrisky.com, titled:

Sorry, But Tom Cruise Is Not Leaving Scientology — And He Probably Never Will

Anyway, interesting reading and it references TonyOrtega.org's Underground Bunker web site, because if Tony hasn't said it, it's not true. I've seen that web site, but didn't pay much attention at the time, and was more focused on Going Clear.

Anyway, the article is a concise summary of why Tom Cruise can't leave and never will. It is like Going Clear but in article format. It's also about why the Enquirer and the Star, although they do have some scoops, aren't credible re: Scientology -- but they are really, really, exceptionally good about knowing what headlines are money makers.

As mentioned, I hadn't spent much time on Tony Ortega's web site, but now I'm afraid it will consume a LOT of time.

Archived