IGNORED

Praying Over Fajitas pisses god off

doggie

Quite easily, I just leave it out. If I didn't my salsa would taste like a big old of bowl of dishsoap.

Come on, there has to be some other cilantro haters here on FJ!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm here!

Can't stand the stuff either. When I moved in with my dad and step mum she was going through a phase of using it veeeeeerrrrrry liberally in EVERYTHING. :puke-right::puke-left::puke-right::puke-left:

I didn't enjoy lunch or dinner much for about 5 months! Pity, as she is an amazing cook.

Back on topic, this knucklehead is a prime example of the worst stereotype of an american. Sue somebody else for your own stupidity!

I cried with laughter reading this thread and even got my partner to laugh about something on FJ for the first time ever - only been trying for a good 3 years :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm here!

Can't stand the stuff either. When I moved in with my dad and step mum she was going through a phase of using it veeeeeerrrrrry liberally in EVERYTHING. :puke-right::puke-left::puke-right::puke-left:

I didn't enjoy lunch or dinner much for about 5 months! Pity, as she is an amazing cook.

That's too bad. I rarely use it IN a recipe except perhaps in a salad. Normally I would use it as a garnish, to sprinkle on just before serving, or as an ingredient in a sandwich or burrito etc -- in which case someone who didn't like it could just leave it off their portion (hey, more left for the cilantro-lovers -- win/win!) Sorry you got overdosed on it!

Quite easily, I just leave it out. If I didn't my salsa would taste like a big old of bowl of dishsoap.

Come on, there has to be some other cilantro haters here on FJ!

Cilantro/coriander just does not sit well, but I adore the spiciest salsa. As long as it does not have cilantro.

But yup, the above praying man is not so bright. He should be responsible for his foolish behavior.

I prefer a lighter touch with cilantro. It's lovely in salsa, but when cooks in restaurants start squeezing liberal amounts in to food and make it so spicy that it becomes inedible, that's when I get cranky. Cilantro juice is super-hot and I hate even a small amount in my meal. Too spicy just ruins the taste for me.

That's too bad. I rarely use it IN a recipe except perhaps in a salad. Normally I would use it as a garnish, to sprinkle on just before serving, or as an ingredient in a sandwich or burrito etc -- in which case someone who didn't like it could just leave it off their portion (hey, more left for the cilantro-lovers -- win/win!) Sorry you got overdosed on it!

Thanks for the sympathy, lol. She used it straight up as soup green or salad veg. Even my partner (who likes it) and only had to "endure" the last few weeks of those months was overwhelmed with the amounts she used.

And you attitude about adding stuff afterwards if you like it or leaving more for the people who do like it is how our meals work too. Nobody misses out on food they like and no extra cooking needed. Perfect!

Count me in as another person whose taste buds (and nose) react to cilantro with a resounding "Are you nuts? That's not food!"

Cilantro lover here, married to a hater. There was a short time I tried to hide it in what I was cooking but he would ALWAYS KNOW!!!11

Topic at hand, maybe God is punishing that man for order fajitas at Applebees? :naughty:

Count me in as another person whose taste buds (and nose) react to cilantro with a resounding "Are you nuts? That's not food!"

Oh man -- and here I thought we were getting along so well... :lol:

Oh man -- and here I thought we were getting along so well... :lol:

Don't hate me for my body chemistry -- I can't help it! :D

Reading this thread made me crave fajitas, so guess what I'll be anti-fasting with this weekend? Except if I get popped in the face with my own cooking oil, I'll just assume it's a wink from God, wipe it off, and get on with getting my grub on.

Now I'm craving fajitas, and the best damn Mexican restaurant in town (Chevy's :worship: :worship: best fajitas ever, amazing salsa ) closed about 4 years ago. The closest one is about a 3 hour drive now. :cry: The other Mexican restaurants in town have tolerable fajitas, and I'm not including Applebee's in that list. I can make edible fajitas, but without a grill and the marinade, it's just not the same.

Chevy's fajitas also came out on a HOT! skillet, usually with steam rising, on a wood tray. No one in their right mind would bend that close to it right away.

It's funny: to me, cilantro doesn't taste like soap, it tastes like rotting vegetation. A fellow cilantro-hater, from the Middle East, told me that cilantro grown there tastes rotten to him, but cilantro grown in the US takes soapy.

I love all other green leafy herbs and vegetables, and I'm kind of disappointed that I can't stomach cilantro.

I don't mind eating cilantro. However, I once tried a popsicle that was watermelon-cilantro-flavored and it was disgusting. Some things just don't go together! Blegh!

Archived